All of Halo vs All of Star Wars

Jaznard

Star Wars.

After all the superweapon and mystical force nonsense, at the end of the day a single Star Destroyer would probably be capable of steamrolling almost everything thrown against it. Halo's not bad on the sci-fi scale, but compared to Star Wars it's pretty much caveman stuff.

True Kakashi but if you take the Forunners or Flood out of this equation then really the Halo Universe does not stand a chance considering the amount of crazy Force Powers and Superweapons the Star Wars Universe has around.

And since the Forerunners are around I suppose I'd still argue Star Wars takes the lead. Come on Starkiller base can destroy Solar Systems in seconds. Or Force Storm which can create Hyperspace routes and sucks things in. Halo really cant match this stuff.

Edited by Caboose The Ace

But then again you factored them out. This isn't pick and choose.

Starkiller base still needs suns to charge before it can fire. Plenty of time for an assault to punch through and repeat the movie.

Force Storms would be a problem but the Guardians could have the potential to appear and police the planet of their origin.

I don't think taking Forerunner and Flood out would help too much. Nobody can shoot straight anyway and the same with the shields applies to ground warfare. How difficult would it be to drop an Elite or Spartan shield?

But then again you factored them out. This isn't pick and choose.

Starkiller base still needs suns to charge before it can fire. Plenty of time for an assault to punch through and repeat the movie.

Force Storms would be a problem but the Guardians could have the potential to appear and police the planet of their origin.

I don't think taking Forerunner and Flood out would help too much. Nobody can shoot straight anyway and the same with the shields applies to ground warfare. How difficult would it be to drop an Elite or Spartan shield?

Oh no I wasn't trying to factor them out I was just making a point of how without them I don't think the Halo Universe stands a chance.

I've been thinking about this and I've come to my conclusion.

The Star War Universe would come out on top.

Why?

1 The Star Wars Universe is much bigger and has a much bigger population meaning their armies would be much bigger and it would be harder to control territory if you were the Halo Universe. Halo has billions, Star Wars has quadrillions.

2 Star Wars has expendable yet competent robots meaning if the flood are taken into account they can be dealt with.

3 Superweapons, Star Wars has two Death Star's, the Star Forge (the Star Forge can create entire fleets of ships and legions of robotic troops in miniutes) Starkiller base. The Malevolence which can disable an entire fleet. The Galaxy Gun, the Dark Reaper etc. I could go on but lets say Star Wars has a lot.

4 Force Users, against the Covenant and Forunners people with a lightsaber would have the advantage apart from the UNSC because bullets would be too small to deflect. Still there's nothing quite in the Halo Universe that can compete combatively against Force Users and some of the insane Force Powers. Like the Thought Bomb, Battle Meditation or Force Storm.

5 On ground and space I'd say its quite matched. Apart from when the UNSC is involved because I doubt they can do that much with the weapons they have. Or Jedi, since there basically leagues above any solider in the Halo Universe.

This is quite brief but you get the point. Star Wars would win because the Halo Universe would be fighting a war of attrition they can't win against enemy's with much more destructive potential and insane amounts of troops and ships they cant hope to muster.

This is only a rough idea as I need some detail on how this would play out but I think it makes sense.

EDIT: Oh and Star Wars has one big advantage I forgot to mention. Grand Admiral Thrawn :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 1

Hi everyone. I've just signed up here and this topic caught my eye. I hope you don't mind me adding my 2 cents.

Halo, while fantastical, is much better at following reality than star wars. So there are some strange occurrences to account for. but let's do this!

Infantry:

There is a HUGE disparity between Storm troopers and a real world military. Star wars militants are almost entirely incapable of actual fighting like trained soldiers even in some of their most recent media. Absolutely none of their armour seems effective and only serves as identification and their ordinance would be no better than the standard carbine.

Halo universe infantry, on all fronts (human, forerunner, flood, covenant etc) would utterly wipe the floor with standard infantry engagement.

Here is the part about reality bending. The Star wars light saber and the jedi would be rather OP, if we ignore reality. But the reality is, even if you were using Jedi pre-cog. Heat resistant (or not) physical projectiles are not blocked by lightsabers effectively enough to guard a jedi from gun fire. So even the Jedi would be mowed down, perhaps a Force user of Kylo rens level to project enough force to stop bullets would be able to survive. But vs something as powerful as a rail gun bullet or even a spartan laser is probably too much.

Ship to Ship/Space!

This is where the waters Muddy. Ships in Star wars are very different between each other let alone Halo vs Star Wars.

Star Destroyers (and fleet) are imposing to much of the UNSC, but they're small fry compared to the Infinity. The infinity also uses mac projectiles and very heavy physical based weaponry which i doubt their deflector shields would be very useful against.

Super star destroyers (and fleet): are a different issue, Here is where I don't see the UNSC lasting too long, even the Infinity. The covenant however would beam all of these into slag.

Death Star (1 and 2): Sadly, as interesting as it would be, the star destroyer doesn't really get around much, doesn't have a very good charge time. and would be taken out by a small contingent of fighters. the 2nd death star is subject to infantry raids.

(let's not even get into the fact that the Mantles approach is almost the same size as the death star, so I'm leaving forerunner tech out of it)

Starkiller Base: Only a very lucky Spartan (wink) and strong story/plot elements would see Star Killer base destroyed by the UNSC before it destroyed colonies/earth. The covenant, I'm not so sure they could pull it off either. They could attempt to glass it immediately, but they'd have A LOT of small ships to deal with.

Forerunners: Pre-war forerunners do what they did to the Star wars Universe the same way they fought the ancient humans.

-

The Star-wars Universe isn't hopeless here, but a lot of what happens in star wars is either extremely weak or extremely OP (or extremely incompetent). there isn't a lot of middle ground. Shielding technology in the Halo-verse has advanced a lot farther than in the star wars universe it seems, so a lot of engagements even on the small scale in ship-to-ship battles and infantry will lean towards the Halo-verse.

But once the extreme things start happening like 12 mile long warships and star killer base, we're looking at covenant level stuff, which the UNSC already would have been defeated by if it wasn't for the level of in-fighting and chaos rife within the covenant itself.

All in All, Star-Wars vs Halo would be interesting, but the forerunners take the cake here (Flood take everything if they didn't get blasted by the Halo array)

Thanks for reading, and I hope to return here in the near future to say hello.