[FEATURED] Toys Fight at Night

GreyMuffinBass

Toys Fight at Night

a playable aesthetic map by

GreyMuffinBass

"When it's past midnight,

the house starts to stir with a magical vibe.

The toy soldiers begin to walk about!

What might happen tonight?"

I tried to make it seem like a real home that toys are battling in at night.

This was a real test/practice map to see what you could do with scaling to make a new atmosphere and I wanted to see what I could do with that idea.

I had in mind to make everything accessible in some way and to have "parkour challenges" everywhere to really sell the toy soldier theme. I thought about how to help spartans get to high places so I made mouse holes in some walls in hidden areas that take you from one to the other via invisible portals. They are colour-coded so you can more easily remember which holes you are using. (Not intended to sound dirty XD lol)

I've always wanted to build a map like this since Halo Reach, but Halo 5's epic Forge definitely makes it seem real with the ability to colour anything you want and light it any way as well. I especially wanted to exploit these new features in forge as you can see with all the lights being semi-realistic (I really tried to make it look as perfect as I could with each light)

Another thing I was going for was keeping every room different with their own unique encounter types. Every room is extremely different, and I think it really made a good mix of each type of encounter you'd find in arena maps to suit all the weapons. There are sneaky passages everywhere and places to really hide and get surprise kills.

(I have been thinking about new ideas with this toy soldier theme in a totally new home setting that I want to start working on soon)

This is a good map for 2v2 - 8v8. I recommend CTF with 5v5 if you prefer objectives, but FFA is best, and is a unique experience in a larger, asymmetrical map like this.

POWER WEAPON SPAWN LOCATIONS:

-Rocket Launcher = Keyboard of the "Gaming PC" in the Bedroom

-Sniper Rifle = Keyboard of the "3D Printer's Laptop" in the Living Room

-SAW = Keyboard of the "Spare Laptop" on the Kitchen Table

STATS:

-Parallax Canvas

-5 Rooms (Fully Detailed)

-19 Different Gun Types

-40+ Spawn Locations (Low, but well placed for gameplay)

-5 Different Vehicle Types

-About 42 Hours Work

TIPS FOR GAMEPLAY:

-The Living Room is a battlefield; this is where most of the action starts and ends. You should take advantage of vehicles in this large space. There are many convenient places to hide from vehicles to keep it a balanced room.

-The 3D Printer on the desk beside the couch is a great place to snipe from. If you notice a sniper in that area, run the sneaky way to the desk in that little space/tunnel behind the couch.

-The Refrigerator is 100% traversable, making it a good place to roost for sniping. There are 2 slight problems with this area though; you will be EXTREMELY high up, making targets very small, and there are two sides that enemies can easily jump up to get you. Other than that, it's a great position to hold, as long as you enjoy that type of gameplay.

-The Bedroom holds all of the vehicle types and they are displayed about as if they were actual collector's toys on shelves, etc. The thing to worry about is that there is a Rocket Launcher that spawns on the computer desk that overlooks the bedroom's exit.

-The Bathroom has a special path along the walls that leads to the top of the shower.

-The Kitchen is one big parkour challenge that has many encounters that you would find in a large arena map.

-The Storage Room is full of goodies for getting rid of enemies in all situations. Close-quarters weapons are low, and long-distance/powerful weapons are higher up on the shelves. The only way to enter the storage room is through the door, making it easy to guard.

-Every other room is connected by Mouse Holes for fast travel. (There are 3 sets of colour-coded holes, 6 holes in total)

-Ground Pound can be used best in the Bedroom & Kitchen, where tall furniture is placed well for this.

RECENT UPDATES:

-None Yet

-Released after finalization...

BOOKMARK THIS MAP from my Fileshare on Xbox One to try it out with your friends!

Gamertag: GreyMuffinBass

post-95908-0-62377700-1460195733.png

post-95908-0-85393200-1460195782.png

post-95908-0-90024600-1460195790.png

post-95908-0-58922800-1460195794.png

post-95908-0-85480600-1460195801.png

post-95908-0-84385200-1460195827.png

post-95908-0-19059200-1460195840.png

post-95908-0-36372900-1460195850.png

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Twam unpinned this topic