The Semi Weekly Site Poll 19

Caboose The Ace

Welcome back one and all to the nineteenth edition of the Semi Weekly Site Poll! WOOOOOOOO! Alright now, take your seats, tally the votes and lets find a result!

BJSFIy5-620x400.jpg

Getting straight to business this weeks question will be on the subject of the Halo 5 campaign. As is tradition with each Halo game they all have a single player campaign that usually follows the story of the Master Chief but also occasionally telling stories without him included. So what aspect of the campaign is this weeks poll about you ask? The thing has a whole product. Level design, story, characters, that kind of stuff.

So my question to you all is? As a whole product what Halo game includes your favourite campaign?
(This extends to all Halo games)

As always voting ends on December 21st. If you have any suggestions or criticism, feel free to pm me.

Happy voting, JXZAW out! :)

Edited by JXZAW

Halo 3 definitely. Halo 3 had a great story full of action and so called "sad" moments which made it not only interesting but actually fun to play.

Unlike Halo 1 and 2, the game style made it much easier to play and much more enjoyable.

• Like 1

Halo 3 definitely had the most replay value in levels. 

I think Halo 2 had the better Story though. I mostly mean from the Covenant perspective too.

Halo 3 felt a lot like just the ending to Halo 2 that was delayed.

(Which is actually what it sort of was with the incomplete nature of Halo 2)

But Halo 3 is still my favorite because 1: The Action 2: The Level Design 3: The Music

And of Course 4: The great memories of playing with people (Nostalgia rules all)

• Like 1

Well this is a very tricky one.

In terms of the overall story of the campaign - Halo 4, no contest. Its got the best characterisation, a strong villain, and a few decent supporting characters, topped off with good voice acting and some of the most genuinely emotional moments in the series. Plus, the gameplay is really great, there are plenty of fun set pieces, it brings back the sense exploration and mystery from Combat Evolved, and the earlier levels in particular really give a feeling of being a one-man-army.

But then... well, Halo 3 is just perfect. The story is epic in scope, and although it's a little operatic and cliched it's very well-executed. The gunplay and mechanics are brilliant, the weapon and enemy sandbox is varied and impressive, it has some really fantastic set-piece battles with plenty of freedom in how to approach them, and of course between The Ark and The Covenant, the two absolute best levels in the entire series, which are basically everything that makes Halo great distilled down into an hour and a half of non-stop awesome.

So overall? I really can't decide between the two. I know that's a cop-out, but they really are different enough that it feels okay to say that they're both the best games in the series.

• Like 1

Its been a week now so lets tally everything up and find the results of the Semi Weekly Site Poll 19!

*drumroll*

game_overview_thumbnail_halo3-825be4767f Halo 3! By an almost complete landslide.

Thanks for everyone who voted and I'll hopefully see you all in the next Semi Weekly Site Poll!

Caboose out! :)

Edited by Caboose The Ace
  • Like 1