Thanks for the spoilers!

shadowwolf278

Can a movie or game actually show off how good it is without spoiling it? A recent ad basically just told me the shocker of the game... which is (Spoiler alert) master chief is going to be presumed dead, or is going to actually die.

is this a small part of the story, or did they just stupidly revealed something big?

Do you think 343 is that dumb?

Of course not "It's adding more to the story and speculation if anything"

Exactly its supposed to leave you on edge on the edge of your seat as you play the game.

Is Chief going to die or not?

Presumably something happens that makes everyone think he is dead at one point in the game. But also presumably he survives. :)

"It's probably ONI trying to cover stuff up again" Why would ONI want to go public about the death of the Master Chief?

I don't know if it's necessarily a spoiler - indeed, the fact that they've openly stated that the Chief was killed is itself suspicious, as Spartans famously never die but just go M.I.A. Plus, it's not as though trailers haven't lied before - Halo 4's had very little to do with the game, after all.