Are Warthogs Extinct?

jschumach

So it's been a year and there still aren't really maps that have good old fasion warthogs in them. I can literally count on one hand the number of times I've played Tempest (which I had to pay for the additional map pack) where I was able to jump in the warthog with a teammate and drive around killing people. Even then, it's no Standoff, Valhalla, or Blood Gulch. Which, btw, why the hell would a map be brought back from the original, if you can't play it all like the original?

Why the hell can't I play Team Slayer and jump in a God Damn Warthog!!! That is what separated Halo from the other FPS's and it has been taken away.

My 3 friends that I have played Halo with since CE have all said they get bored with Reach and would rather play COD or Battlefield, which both suck balls btw, (actually their campaigns are nice, but I really don't care for their multiplayer) Anywho, I can't blame them when the key item that has distiguished Halo from the rest has been all but taken out of multiplayer. And I don't want the rocket hog (which sucks) or the gauss (which is too overpowered for MP), I just want the chain gun warthog! It's simple, its fun, it works!

Please reserect it and put in Team Slayer, Arena and Squad Battle. Throw it in Blood Gulch and in some other maps. I don't wanna have to play BTB to jump in a warthog, then have half the other team quit, or get lit up with a scorpion, or a banshee "grenade" (which is also overpowered). I just wanna show off my driving and gunning skills in the staple of Halo. Why do you think it was the first thing you drove on "Halo" and the last thing you drove on "Halo"?

Forza 4 did a whole thing dedicated to it for God's sake, but you can't even put it into regular rotaion for a God Damned map in multiplayer? WTF?

To be fair they can't even put DLC maps into a regular rotation for multiplayer making them $20 worth of electronic bricks consuming your hard drive.

But totally agree, I miss warthogs in maps as well, it didn't even matter which side I was on, blasting the crap out of the enemies with endless rounds or the challenge of toasting them with a couple of well tossed grenades only added to the excitement. To be honest I've been getting more and more bored with the MP and actually have been craving CoD which is just sad :thumbdown:

• Like 2

I have to agree. MP is nothing like Halo 3, the maps arn't the same, in Halo 3 you would have fairly big maps that you would get in a mongoose or a warthog to get around, but in Reach, all the maps are too small. I think the 1st map pack is good for MP, the maps are the correct size, the are a little big which makes the vehicles useful, but you never get them in MP. Would be good to have them back.