HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare

Sputnik117

One might actually state that CoD is becoming Halo. Which one had "super soldiers" in physically enhancing armor first? Which one had jetpacks first? Exactly...

Ok now I let this sit long enough to stop laughing at the stupidity here I will actually finish this post.

Who are you to decide what is and is not Halo? Who are any of us to decide that for everybody else? Only the games creator can say what is and is not Halo. Thus the title on the box. If you don't like it that is fine, but that doesn't make it any less Halo than any other Halo game out there.

The shear amount of arrogance in forum users to say what is and is not Halo is staggering to me. I truly do not understand where people like that get the idea that they have the power to stay what is and is not Halo for the entire community. I could be like this and say that CoD: Advanced Warfare isn't CoD anymore because I don't like it (granted I don't like any of the CoD games) but that doesn't make it true. CoD: Advanced Warfare is still CoD irregardless of my personal feelings on it. CoD is on the cover therefore it is a CoD game. Assassins Creed didn't magically stop being Assassins Creed when they went from AC1 to AC2 and so on... It is still Assassins Creed. Getting the picture yet?

As I said earlier, the game doesn't give a crap about you not liking it. You not liking it will not change that it is still Halo. Live with it. 

you are an idiot obviously the game doesnt give a crap youre talking about it like its a person?the creators should care if they dont want halo to go down the drain like h4. its about

how long people continue to play not how many copies sell on release night. They are taking away the oringinality of halo by bringing in all these other traits and sprint. who are we to decide what halo has in it?  WE ARE THE COMMUNITY? WHO ARE YOU? a former 343 employee probably lol remember h4 got droppped by mlg ( first time halo stopped being part of mlg) IF 343 wants to see any success they neeed to bring back h3/ h2 br because at this rate destiny  will surpass h5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING BUNGIE BACKK they did better with the xbox 360 343 gets an xbox one and cant even get the game to work. A RED DOT SIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the br lmfao idiots

how long people continue to play not how many copies sell on release night. They are taking away the oringinality of halo by bringing in all these other traits and sprint. who are we to decide what halo has in it?  WE ARE THE COMMUNITY? WHO ARE YOU? a former 343 employee probably lol remember h4 got droppped by mlg ( first time halo stopped being part of mlg) IF 343 wants to see any success they neeed to bring back h3/ h2 br because at this rate destiny  will surpass h5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING BUNGIE BACKK they did better with the xbox 360 343 gets an xbox one and cant even get the game to work. A RED DOT SIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on the br lmfao idiots

post-37094-Tom-Cruise-WHAT-gif-Oblivion-

• Like 1

How long people continue to play not how many copies sell on release night. They are taking away the originality of Halo by bringing in all these other traits and sprint. Who are we to decide what halo has in it?  WE ARE THE COMMUNITY? WHO ARE YOU? A former 343 employee probably lol. Remember Halo 4 got dropped by MLG ( first time Halo stopped being part of mMLG). IF 343 wants to see any success they need to bring back Halo 2/ Halo 3 BR because at this rate Destiny will surpass Halo 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRING BUNGIE BACK. They did better with the xbox 360. 343 gets an xbox one and cant even get the game to work. A RED DOT SIGHT on the BR lmfao idiots.

Ok first off I had to fix your spelling errors and punctuation as I could barely read your post as it was. 

Secondly the community does not develop the game. Hell the community doesnt have any actual input upon the game. The closest we come is with open beta's and even that just barely counts. Most "community input" is in the form of forum users (seemingly like yourself) who put up rage threads and whine about what is OP and unbalanced from their perspective. Then they have the gall to demand it be fixed to their own personal specifications, as though 343 Industries were their personal butler. This occurs before a game is released even, which is mind boggling to me. 

The community has absolutely no say in what is and is not Halo. Nor with any other game. That begins and ends with the developers. As I said prior to your "reply", the game doesn't care if you like it or not. Your feelings on the matter are immaterial. It is titled Halo, therefore and forever more it is Halo. 

post-37094-Tom-Cruise-WHAT-gif-Oblivion-

1: I loved that movie.

2: That was just a perfect reply. I applaud you.

:clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

This klipp will make you cry. Warning dont look if you dont want to get depressed.

My comment on that video:

So HALO 5 is Call of Duty HALO Warfare now? Listen now 343i. Are you trying to kill HALO? I think that you are trying to milk this game series as much as you can right now just to get "easy" and fast cash. But remember. If HALO will fail XBOX will fail. HALO is why manny people buy XBOX instead of Playstation. How hard can it be for a big company as 343i (Microsoft) to get things right? How hard can it be to get all the little details in HALO right? How hard is it to have a logical explanation to why design in the game changes (AN explanation that make sens in the HALO univers)? I remember that time when other games/companys copied HALO and not the other way around. 343i, how does it feel that a 10 year old HALO (HAlO 2 anniversary) will be way better then somthing you have made from scratch? HALO is dead now. The only HALOS we will buy now will be the remakes of the HALOS Bungie made.

(End of comment)

How are you guys on this forum fell about this? 343i is (In my opinion) trying to make HALO to a COD game and trying to say that what we se in HALO 5 is not ADS but instead the same scope system we have always had in HALO (Not true in my opinion). From what I can see from that klipp is that you will have a big advantage is you will use ADS. I know the spread will be the same but it is clearly you will be able to aim better (see alot longer and clearer) with this "not ADS system". I think 343i is doing this because they want to make HALO a real ADS game with time and are now just trying to prepare us for it.

But we're not gonna let 'em have it! What we will let 'em have is a boycott of the game, and a empty wallet of their own failure to drown in! Am I right, HALO gamer?

So far you haven't given one legitimate reason for why it will kill Halo. All you've shown is how much of a self-entitled jerk you are.

P.S. Halo is still well alive and kicking

Also don't be surprised if people and the developers completely ignore you and others like you. You all haven't gave any real reason why these features are bad.

All the weapons are more accurate when scoped, Delpen. That's...kind of how it's always been.

But they didn't reduce unscoped accuracy from previous games.

You've got a bit of a misunderstanding of what happens when smartscope is enganged vs when zoom is engaged in previous Halo games.

Smartscope has been confirmed to tighten spread when scoping in, which means descoped players are punished with more randomness in their spread. Whereas in previous Halo games, the only benefit you gained from being scoped in was that the enemy became larger in your screen relative to your reticle. There were no benefits in terms of spread.

ADS in Halo 5 literally does act how it acts in other games, the only difference being that movement isn't hindered.

As I said earlier, the game doesn't give a crap about you not liking it. You not liking it will not change that it is still Halo. Live with it. 

I don't think this response is helping anything. If people are not personally happy with the way Halo 5 is turning out, then they shouldn't have to "deal with it". They should be entitled to providing their thoughts without being told that their thoughts don't matter.

As for the comparisons to Call of Duty, that's for anyone to decide. If a person wants to make comparisons between the combination of mechanics CoD is known for, and the combination of new mechanics that are being introduced to Halo, then that's up to them. You don't have to agree with them, but it's not arrogant for them to hold that particular opinion.

It has nothing to do with whether or not the OP is developing the game. Is it up to the OP whether or not 343 make something he doesn't like and call it Halo? No, of course not. However, that has no bearing on whether or not the OP thinks those decisions are right for Halo.

We need to stop with this overly defensiveness for 343 and Halo 5. People should be allowed to like the game without being bombarded with criticism, and people should be able to dislike the game without being bombarded with criticism. You don't have to agree on whether or not the new features are good, but criticising someone for making a comparison to another game is not helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

He is right. One of the best things about Halo, Especially in multiplayer, is the shield. The shield allows for a whole new strategy, instead of just running and gunning like you do in COD. You can actually think about what to do and execute, instead of panic throwing C4. I honestly will buy the game either way, which might be the root of the problem. But I don't write the code. 343 is turning Halo into COD, and I know deep down they know its wrong.

He is right. One of the best things about Halo, Especially in multiplayer, is the shield. The shield allows for a whole new strategy, instead of just running and gunning like you do in COD. You can actually think about what to do and execute, instead of panic throwing C4. I honestly will buy the game either way, which might be the root of the problem. But I don't write the code. 343 is turning Halo into COD, and I know deep down they know its wrong.

Uh...what?

The shield means Halo isn't like COD, but 343 is turning Halo into COD? I'm pretty sure you still have a shield in Halo 5. And they took out the COD-like loadout system. Pretty sure they're moving it further away from COD now.