Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition Limited Edition Unboxing

Ranger Intel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92wj_sGYwww

Today Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition was released in Europe. My copy came through the door and I thought I'd make a video showing you what comes with it if you pre-order it. It comes with an Art Book full of amazing Concept Art. You have character designs, some nice illustrations of Hong Kong, you see Wei Shen in action, and some of the in-game scenes. I think it looks amazing.

There's not much for a bonus overall, but I think it looks great and is something I'm happy with. The game itself is remastered and contains all DLC free of charge. It is released on the 14th of October in North America. If you played the original Sleeping Dogs and really liked it, you should definitely purchase this. If you've never played it before and you've got an Xbox One, PS4, or PC to game on, then you should give it a try.

Are you going to get Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition? What do you think about it?

Edited by Shinya Kogami
  • Like 4

What do I think of it?

Well, 2014 so far until Shadow of mordor arrived has been a total mess ( game wise ) full of unfulfilling hype trains, downright dodgy advertising. Broken games, crazy promises etc.

Not too great. But the worst of all of those were the last gen remasters.

Now some of them are sort worth the money or make sense to buy them or a truly next gen.

Examples: Gta V, Resident evil 1, Last of us.

But then comes the downside, Tomb raider fraud edition. But Sleeping dogs definitive edition is the worst.

Why you ask?

Because all this game is, is all thee bad dlc and updated visuals for 60 pounds. :(

Can you really say that is worth the money?

When you could pre order/ get other great games like Gta v, Shadow of Mordor, Halo the mcc,Last of us. To name a few.

There is many better deals in gaming right now than this outright cash cow.

I mean if you are dying to play Sleeping dogs go get the original on Pc, 360 or Ps3 get all the dlc for a heck of a lot cheaper. And there you go minus the visuals it is the same game.

What do I think of it?

Well, 2014 so far until Shadow of mordor arrived has been a total mess ( game wise ) full of unfulfilling hype trains, downright dodgy advertising. Broken games, crazy promises etc.

Not too great. But the worst of all of those were the last gen remasters.

Now some of them are sort worth the money or make sense to buy them or a truly next gen.

Examples: Gta V, Resident evil 1, Last of us.

But then comes the downside, Tomb raider fraud edition. But Sleeping dogs definitive edition is the worst.

Why you ask?

Because all this game is, is all thee bad dlc and updated visuals for 60 pounds. :(

Can you really say that is worth the money?

When you could pre order/ get other great games like Gta v, Shadow of Mordor, Halo the mcc,Last of us. To name a few.

There is many better deals in gaming right now than this outright cash cow.

I mean if you are dying to play Sleeping dogs go get the original on Pc, 360 or Ps3 get all the dlc for a heck of a lot cheaper. And there you go minus the visuals it is the same game.

Have you played it and all the DLC?

It costs 38 pounds, no 60. Massive difference there.

Also, I love the way you "carefully" unboxed the game.

XD Yeah, only had one hand to work with. The book wasn't damaged or anything though, it was made well.

Still.... 38 pounds.... lets round that up....

At my local game store I can get Sleeping dogs for the 360 for 5 pounds. < true

Then all the dlc for an additional five. < True

So that is 10 pounds compared to 38 for the Ps4, Xb1 edition.

So minus the visuals they are the same.  :)

Still.... 38 pounds.... lets round that up....

At my local game store I can get Sleeping dogs for the 360 for 5 pounds. < true

Then all the dlc for an additional five. < True

So that is 10 pounds compared to 38 for the Ps4, Xb1 edition.

So minus the visuals they are the same.  :)

:orly:

I would love to see this game with all it's DLC for 10 pounds.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/sleeping-dogs-167234?pageSize=20&searchTerm=Sleeping%20Dogs%20(Xbox%20360)&catGroupId=

The game itself costs over 10 pounds. With all the DLC it'll cost well over 25 pounds, possibly up to 40.

Some people who really liked the game would buy it again, I understand that you aren't one of those people. I personally enjoyed it enough to buy it remastered with all DLC on Xbox One.

You could always get a pre owned copy.  And to be honest it is a lot cheaper and works about the same. :)

Anyway..... if you already have the all the dlc and the game then what is the point of buying it again?

It is the worst of the last gen remasters because apart from visual wise, that does not put it on par with pc even still, it is the same game.

Take Gta V one of the best examples of a next gen port had it makes use of the next gen hardware.

For example:

Animals in Gta online.

Denser traffic .

More diverse character models.

New single player missions.

Bigger drawn distance.

Upgraded visuals.

First person mode.

New easter eggs.

Better framerate.

Smoother textures.

and this is just from the top of my head, There may be more.

And then compare this to Sleeping dogs.... and it falls flat.

If you really like Sleeping dogs that much then fine with you, I hope you enjoy it.

But for anyone else just get a 360 version and save yourself the money.

The problem is why I cannot get my head around this idea is because it does nothing to attempt to upgrade the game in anyway. When Tomb raider definitive edition was announced I was all over it left and right. But comparing even that to Sleeping dogs it is much better.

You could always get a pre owned copy.  And to be honest it is a lot cheaper and works about the same. :)

Anyway..... if you already have the all the dlc and the game then what is the point of buying it again?

It is the worst of the last gen remasters because apart from visual wise, that does not put it on par with pc even still, it is the same game.

Take Gta V one of the best examples of a next gen port had it makes use of the next gen hardware.

For example:

Animals in Gta online.

Denser traffic .

Bigger drawn distance.

Upgraded visuals.

First person mode.

New easter eggs.

Better framerate.

Smoother textures.

If you really like Sleeping dogs that much then fine with you, I hope you enjoy it.

The problem is why I cannot get my head around this idea is because it does nothing to attempt to upgrade the game in anyway. When Tomb raider definitive edition was announced I was all over it left and right. But comparing even that to Sleeping dogs it is much better.

A lot of people sell their consoles and games to be able to afford the next gen consoles, especially so with the current cost of the new gen consoles. Which is the primary reason that we're seeing a lot of these remasters. That and if I recall, X-Box 360 games aren't backwards compatible with the Xbone. Which means that the people that do sell their 360's to be able to afford the Xbone might as well sell the games as well. Meaning that if the games aren't available on Xbone, then they won't be able to play those games ever again.

• Like 1

A lot of people sell their consoles and games to be able to afford the next gen consoles, especially so with the current cost of the new gen consoles. Which is the primary reason that we're seeing a lot of these remasters. That and if I recall, X-Box 360 games aren't backwards compatible with the Xbone. Which means that the people that do sell their 360's to be able to afford the Xbone might as well sell the games as well. Meaning that if the games aren't available on Xbone, then they won't be able to play those games ever again.

This.

For example:

Animals in Gta online.

Denser traffic .

Bigger drawn distance.

Upgraded visuals.

First person mode.

New easter eggs.

Better framerate.

Smoother textures.

I do not have all the Sleeping Dogs DLC, I had none of it and hadn't played any of it.

Sleeping Dogs: DE does include denser traffic and population.

Again like the Director said, some people will only be playing on their Xbox One so this is a great way to bring a very successful game to next-gen. It isn't hurting anyone by just bringing a game to next-gen. There's no reason for this to bother you. It just benefits all those who only play on Xbox One and love Sleeping Dogs.

If you truly loved the game, hen you would be one of those people to buy it or consider buying it at one point. If not, then there's no reason to rant at Square Enix for re-mastering this game.

• Like 1