343i 1st Weekly Community Create

Buns

Welcome everyone to the 1st ever Weekly Community Create!

tumblr_n9ujlzed0u1txb1imo1_500.jpg

Since this is the first ever week and you guys have 0 idea what exactly is going on. This as the title say is Weekly Community Create! The whole goal is to motivate forum members to partake in creative challenge; usually focused around Halo, and gaming. The format will be nearly identical to the Weekly Community Poll, and each week I will showcase some creations from the previous week in the spoiler below!

Hopefully this explains the gist of it. Good luck and get creating ;)

Showcase!!!

This Weeks Task:

ONI has assigned you to create new weapons for the UNSC with using the newly found Forerunner technology from requiem. You can design any type of weapon. Just make sure it is lethal.

Mandatory inspirational images(To help get your creative juices flowing)

Halo4_underscore_weapons.jpg?uid=2020477

promethean-weapons.jpg

Below are this weeks examples! Just in case you have no clue on what to do.

Written example

[Report on current progress for ONI Section 3]

Shrieker Type 3A(ST3A)

Designation: Machine Gun

The ST3A was created by reversing engineering the inner workings of the Forerunner Hard Light weapon </Supressor/> by reworking the mechanisms of the SAW and implementing Forerunner Tech along with creating a Hard Light Magazine capable of holding 80 rounds. This weapon is most effective in ripping through organic materials; testing shows that shield penetration was not a goal of the Forerunners while designing Hard Light ammunition. The accuracy and range of this weapon best deem it a support role capable of being paired with defense perimeters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Art  example

amNhwVa.png

Deadline: 08/16/2014

Best of luck creators!

Remember you can use any form of art or writing to express yourself! This includes Haikus, Poems, Pixel Art, 3D Modeling, Short Descriptive Paragraphs, Parody Art, etc!

Please read the above information before posting/asking a question!

Also if you submit art for the weekly community create don't forget to submit it to Art Week too! http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/37168-official-art-week-august-2014/?do=findComment&comment=331532

• Like 3

XS-110 DEWS

With a wealth of forerunner weaponry being discovered on Requiem, the UNSC was eager to unlock the secrets of Hard-light weapon technology. While the full technology still remains hidden from the UNSC, partial success has been created in generating a weak hard-light beam, though the power of such a beam is minimal. A scientist researching captured forerunner weapons noted that the range of the hard-light beam was far greater over a long distance then a UNSC laser of similar power. While the laser was devastating at close range, it's power dropped vastly over a very short distance, while the hard-light beam remained consistent throughout various tests. The UNSC immediately began researching into it's potential.

Within a few months and at the cost of a frigate, the UNSC had developed a working prototype of it's revolutionary new energy weapon system. The weapon was a fusion of human and forerunner technology. A high-powered UV laser is protected inside a thin hard-light beam. The hard-light beam protects the laser from the negative effect of the atmosphere and dissipates on contact with the intended target, allowing the laser to deliver it's full power over a much, much greater range then was previously possible. The laser was powerful enough to cut through the hull of anything in it hit at a massive range of up to 2 miles. While the firepower is impressive, the visual trail is distinct and will give the position of the shooter away instantly.

While the weapon bears resemblance to the S-99 series of rifles, the weight of the weapon is much greater, due to the advanced power-system located where the clip normally would be. However, even this great burden could not power the weapon to be effective at any range beyond 200m. Thus the weapon can be modified to draw upon power from a Spatan-IV suit for a full power shot effective to over 2 miles. However, the firing the weapon drains full power from various systems, including the shields and servos, leaving the operator immobile and vulnerable for a brief moment. The damage however is devastating, far greater then any previous handheld weapon system and it's power supply is virtually limitless, leaving the only delay while firing is a few seconds for the power to return. The only limiting factor on producing more of these weapons is finding a sufficient power supply.

• Like 1

Am I allowed to draw mine out or is it strictly Digital art?

You're allowed to draw. If anything I encourage it since the result would be very original. 

Remember any form of art or writing is accepted. No limitations on what you can do. 

You're allowed to draw. If anything I encourage it since the result would be very original. 

Remember any form of art or writing is accepted. No limitations on what you can do. 

Alright, I'll edit my drawing in here.

Made this as a banner for the WCC, not my entry. Tell me if any changes are needed.

post-26953-0-94283500-1407709882.png

I'll add my own entry later.

XERR-01

Experimental Energy Reciprocation Rifle Mark 1

Mission statement:

Create a small, uncomplicated infantry weapon, usable without special training, with the ability to counter-act the Covenant's shield technology, while still providing enough stopping power to be effective. Initially conceptualized after the Sacking of Reach, this weapon had entered research and development on [Redacted]

R&D Log:

Day 1

The Idea was posed by one Sergeant [Redacted] to provide troops with a small arm capable of dispatching opposing elites with a minimum of difficulty. Professor [Redacted] provided a simplified goal: Supercharge regular projectiles with a form of energy that can disable an Elite's shielding.

Day 12

The first prototype of the XERR-01 is produced, utilizing heavily charged Ionization energy, contact with shields caused instantaneous overloads, eliminating the enemy's shield as a factor for extended periods of time.

Those involved are optimistic that this will grant the average soldier of the UNSC to wipe out any shielded opposition with a minimum of fuss.

Day 13

The first day of testing was promising, as the weapon surpassed expectations.

Day 14

The weapon was tested on [Redacted], in full [Redacted]. Proof of concept established. Plans are made to put into the hands of trained troops for a live fire experiment.

Day 15

Live fire experiment on a fully weaponized, hand held XERR-01 had unexpected bonus effect. Ionization seemed to spread to multiple targets, shorting out the shields of multiple enemies. Spirits are high as the SPARTAN-IV program begins to show interest.

Day 28

Spartan [Redacted] was sent to us to view weapon testing, and showed an extreme interest in testing the weapon for himself

Day [Redacted]

Facility attacked, Spartan [Redacted] Listed MIA.

//ONI OVERRIDE: AUTHORIZATION CODE: GREEN HAVOK

//WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS CLASSIFIED

The production of the XERR-01 was canceled after Spartan [Redacted] attempted to test the weapon in full armor. His personal shield enveloped the weapon as well, and when he attempted to fire, the Ionization caused a catastrophic chain reaction, resulting in a massive explosion, causing the death of many of the researchers and on-site staff. Research is currently suspended, and the prototype rifles are in containment at ONI Site-099-D.

Use by un-shielded ONI agents has proven effective, but has been limited to HVT Elimination operations.

• Like 1