Did the XBox One excel in getting customers? Or has XBox 360 remained the Victor? (-POLL-) By TMM

Helix Amell

XB1 Vs XBox 360  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which Console have you played more over the past 2 months?

2. 2. Do you think the XB1 has done really well at drawing in consumers?

• Yes, I do think so.
    • No, I disagree.
    • I don't know.
  3. 3. Did you like this Poll?

• No! Get outta here!
    • Yes :3 Tis very interesting.
    • Sorta. Yeah and no.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for reviving an old topic but I saw it and I couldn't resist :)! Yes I think that so far Xbox One has had a much better shot for marketing than the Xbox 360, if you mean sales wise then no, not yet at least. The reason the Xbox One has had a lack of sales so far is because Don Mattrick was so adamant that the policies were right at E3 2013 :). However the sales shot up as soon as Phil Spencer came into power as the new Head of Xbox. The reason that the sales shot up in the first place however were the fact that they took the DRM and bad policies away. The sales went up even faster after that though because Phil Spencer loosened up the policies even more by saying that the old Xbox One is completely done and that he is going to look at it in the view of "By the gamers, for the gamers.". Basically much more gaming orientated than the original idea.

Don't worry about the huge lead in sales of the PS4 so far though because just you watch with the recent price drops of the Xbox One and the recent vote by many people of Microsoft winning E3 2014 and having all of the best exclusives come Christmas the sales will have boomed and Xbox will have it's community back and all will be fine back at Microsoft. Also the sales will definitely go up by the end of 2015 as obviously the début of Halo 5 will have taken place. Xbox has had a fine run this generation with absolutely amazing trailers. The games shown in the trailers have been absolutely amazing. The trailers being very professionally presented, hype generating and very, very dissapointing for the Sony fanboys. Although however, reverting back to the original question the console had an extremely bad launch with the console getting a bunch of hate and Don Mattrick being quite frankly a bit annoying. So first impressions matter as clearly shown with this generation of Xbox and it's lack of sales up until Phil Spencer came along and fixed it up. Although overall the marketing hasn't been that bad, and much better than that of the 360's.