Halo Reach Playlist Changes (October 4th)

Spectral Jester

On or around October 4th, assuming things go according to plan, 343 are releasing the beta matchmaking playlist. 343 are primarily sweeping the cobwebs out of the corners, polishing a few things here and there, and performing some light housekeeping. Here are the specifics, for those of you that appreciate the small things in life:

• Beta Matchmaking Playlist added: This hopper will showcase the Title Update by introducing settings that you, the collective community, can check out and provide feedback on. It features a mix of Slayer and Objective (with DLC maps being optional), including the already released Zero Bloom Slayer DMRs gametype. Please refer to the 9.14 edition of the Halo Bulletin for additional gametype and map information.

• Team Classic Playlist removed: While we’re removing the Team Classic playlist, we’re not forsaking the classic community. We’ll be reintroducing the classic experience when Anniversary drops in November, and even giving the players a defining trait of Combat Evolved Multiplayer by putting the three shot pistol back into your hands, right where it belongs. Speaking of which, is that a Magnum in your pocket, or are you just happy to hear this news?

• Premium/DLC Playlists condensed into one list: Both DLC lists are being combined into one playlist. We’ll be keeping this list at the larger of the two team sizes so that teams of six can enjoy both Slayer and Objective gametypes as well as Invasion.

• Bro Slayer removed from Team Slayer: Spawning concerns and feedback regarding this gametype indicated that we will need to look at additional choices for spawning locations if we are going to reintroduce it to Reach Matchmaking in the future. Meanwhile, you’ll have to find some other way to spawn on your bro.

• Atom removed from Team Slayer: As part of our process of cycling through community content, older maps will occasionally be taken out of Reach Matchmaking. Don’t take it personally though, Atom. It’s not you, it’s me. Ok, so maybe it’s you. But whatever.

• Stockpile added back into Team Objective: The addition of Stockpile back into Team Objective will ensure that the Stockpile-based achievements are supported and attainable. Bleep bloop!

• Matchmaking updated to allow Co-Op Campaign and Firefight play with no HDD:

• Like 1

Spectral I can feel the love man! These are all great updates and should be greatly appreciated by the community. Remember our discussion on the "Classic" play list when you guys make the changes to it. There were some good points made in it and they seemed well liked by those who responded. Please read Coopd's new thread "No Love For Snipers" on the Reach forum. It is a playlist that has gone relatively untouched and needs some TLC. As always, good work and thanks again for the input and update.

• Like 1

hahaha yeah! Brilliant!!! Thank you 343 industries!

Please read Coopd's new thread "No Love For Snipers" on the Reach forum.

how about a ranking system so there is actually some competitiveness in this game. it's a joke how bad matchmaking is

Have to say, this would be a godsent. This is one of the worst things about Reach. I'm getting sick of playing Team Snipers, and I get matched against a team of 4 who have awesome K/D's, and on my team I have guests! That the original person has a bad K/D so you know the guest will be bad. Please fix :)

• Like 1

Halo 4 will not be released until 2012. I hope you meant CEA, which will be implementing Reach's multiplayer.

I knew this would be misunderstood lol. I meant that the company isn't going to want to update Reach when it's getting close to Halo 4's release. So there needs to be updates NOW and frequently until they put all their focus into H4.

You can't just release a game and then have all the bodies workin on the next one. There needs to be updates or it's no fun. Call of Duty has had like 4 more mappacks than Reach, whats that say about the Halo teams quest to better.

whats that say about the Halo teams quest to better.

Well Bungie were complete (insert offensive word here), and they didn't want to update Reach because they were too lazy.

With 343i taking over, they have had to get used to Reach's system and everthing. I have to say though, I did expect a little more.

is the MLG playlist being updated?

This would also be nice, update it to the V6 gametypes and maps, there are a couple of maps that have been released that would be awesome to play in matchmaking. :)

I got up at 7 am before work and only saw one playlist that says tu beta in it? Is there only going to be 1 playlist? I thought there were supposed to be multiple playlists? A zero bloom playlist and multiple others. If it stays the way it was this morning... I think people will be upset.

hm, there seems to be some problem (at least for me) in this TU beta. Couple of times i died from one meele (from the front) or one shotet with DMR. Also i killed dude with one shot.

can't put my finger on it but sometimes gunfight seems strange.

Also no 3 shot pistol in TU beta. Have shot dudes multyple times with pistol and it feeled like regular reach gunplay for me.

hm, there seems to be some problem (at least for me) in this TU beta. Couple of times i died from one meele (from the front) or one shotet with DMR. Also i killed dude with one shot.

can't put my finger on it but sometimes gunfight seems strange.

Also no 3 shot pistol in TU beta. Have shot dudes multyple times with pistol and it feeled like regular reach gunplay for me.

If you died from one melee, it's because your shields and health were low enough for the melee bleed-through to kill. They added bleed-through. If your shields were low enough, or you had no shields, you died from one DMR shot because of that. The same goes with how you killed someone with one shot. They said that the three-shot pistol wouldn't be in the TU Beta, and would be introduced in the classic playlists on the day Anniversary arrives. It takes four shots to the head to kill with the pistol.

I got up at 7 am before work and only saw one playlist that says tu beta in it? Is there only going to be 1 playlist? I thought there were supposed to be multiple playlists? A zero bloom playlist and multiple others. If it stays the way it was this morning... I think people will be upset.

no, the zero bloom gametype is in that playlist....... :crazy: