Ask The Director 2.0

Would it be possible to genetically modify humans to have wings powerful enough for flight? If so what would be needed to make this happen, and how many times per 5 - 10 seconds would you have to flap the wings in order to stay above the ground? - Idea from storybook Maximum Ride.

Edited by Melody

Would it be possible to genetically modify humans to have wings powerful enough for flight? If so what would be needed to make this happen, and how many times per 5 - 10 seconds would you have to flap the wings in order to stay above the ground? - Idea from storybook Maximum Ride.

With our current level of technology? No. Even with advanced technology it would likely be impossible. The largest flight-capable birds are about 35lbs. The average weight of humans on Earth is about 136 lbs. 

The weight-wingspan ratio wouldn't work, because wings that are large enough to carry 136 pounds in the air would be too heavy to fly without propulsion assistance. Even if humans had such wings, the best they would be able to do is maybe float like a chicken, but not nearly as long.

Why is it that some videos with audio removed due to copyright claims are still audible when downloaded on the phone through a video downloader? 

Are you talking about on Youtube?

Cuz if so they don't ACTUALLY remove the audio from the video file. They simply mute their player, making it to where it won't play audio. So then when you download the file, you get the entire unmuted file.

Who would win in a fight? Superman? or Batman?

Which do you prefer? Superman? or Batman?

Batman is a billionaire who would probably be able to get access to kryptonite and therefor would have a really good chance of taking down superman, but superman could just pick up a building from far away and throw it at Batman, crushing and killing him. So, whichever one is the protagonist would probably win the fight.

I honestly prefer Superman over Batman because Batman was born of privilege while Superman grew up poor on a farm. Batman's 'powers' come from being able to throw money at gadgets and training, while Superman was born with his gifts. So while it is true that Batman has to work a bit harder than Superman to take down crime (for the most part), Superman grew up in an environment which could have fostered a criminal mind, but made the choice to do right by everyone. Superman has the powers of a God, but (excluding the dumb BvS story archs) he refuses to use this power to rule over people.

Tell me one thing. How do I know if she likes me back?

You ask her. That is literally the only way to know for sure. Any and all 'signs' that she may like you back could be inadvertently replicated by someone who doesn't like you back.

Asking her if she likes you back sounds like a daunting feat, but the only obstacle you have to overcome to accomplish it is yourself. If she doesn't like you back in that way, it frees you up to start liking other girls who might actually like you back. Then it's only a matter of time and patience until you find the one that actually does like you back and you two can live happily ever after.

Why would Xbox put two Keflings games in the starting backwards compatibility list, when they could have replaced one with Halo: Reach, and made all Preview members much happier?

Probably because they want to save something for their big reveal.

What is your favourite season of Red vs Blue? :)

Season 2 is my favorite, but I like them all.

Why is season 2 your favourite? :)

Well to me it has a great balance of funny+story.

Why doesn't other moderators have a "Ask me" thread? I think Red does, but haven't seen any others.

Will there be a 3.0? o.o

Well I've had an ask me thread since long before I became a moderator, so it's not a 'staff' thing lol

The reason there's a 2.0 is because when I first became a moderator I had trouble finding the time to answer questions, perform my duties, and do what's expected of me in my day to day life. So I had to lock the thread for a time. Eventually, I found time to answer questions again but the first thread had been locked too long. So, I created this one instead. So unless I have to lock this thread and it stays locked too long, no there won't be lol

Why does Azaxx occasionally act like Grouch from Sesame Street? xD

Also why do guys trick me into riding a slingshot ride at a local fair that nearly scared me to death? (In other words) Why do boys have to be tricky? :/ I don't mind it, buuut yeah.

What is your least favourite season of Red vs Blue and why? :)

Season 10. Obvious reasons.

Why does Caboose ask so many questions?

Either genuine curiosity or post boosting. Which is alright by me because he'll never catch me!  :diablo:

Why does Azaxx occasionally act like Grouch from Sesame Street? xD

Also why do guys trick me into riding a slingshot ride at a local fair that nearly scared me to death? (In other words) Why do boys have to be tricky? :/ I don't mind it, buuut yeah.

Well he has his bad moods sometimes, like everyone does lol

It's not just guys who do things like that. There are a lot of people who enjoy tricking someone into doing something scary/painful/foolish. That's why April Fool's Day is such a big hit lol

I've had a particular interesting in journalism for quite a reasonable amount of time now, and I've always seen the games journalism area as a destination of interest in my future career goals. Lately though, it seems this form of journalism is riddled with corruption and scandals, so I wanted to ask you, is it worth it to pursue a career in professional gaming journalism, or should I look to alternative paths in this wide array of branches?