Halo 5 for 360?

Rue

So, I'm in Spanish class, right? A buddy and I are discussing the soon to be ultimate awesomeness of Halo 5. 

Him: I wonder what they'll do for weapons!

Me: Probably something awesome.

Him: I hope they have new vehicles!

Me: Of course they will, they're gonna be awesome.

Him: I'm curious of what the plot will be...

Me: Awesomeness.

Then, we both look each other dead in the eye. We both know what the other is thinking, but nobody dares to ask the question yet, because this moment is superbly spectacular because it's like through telepathy or something that we both thought of this question at the same time. Six more seconds pass before we both say, "Will it be on Xbox 360?" That's it. The golden question.

Him: Of course it's going to be on Xbox 360!

Me: I don't think so... It's exclusive to Xbox One.

Him: Whatever, you're just a girl. What do you know?

Me: I'm pretty sure that's what I heard.

Him: You believe everything you hear?

Me: Well the special graphics that make Xbox One so awesome probably

aren't compatible with 360 games. That kind of defeats the purprose. They

would pretty much have to make a whole new Halo 5 version to put it on

360, why would they do that?

So now, I may be wrong, or he may be wrong, but I thought I'd ask you guys just to be sure. Do they have plans to make Halo 5 for Xbox 360? That'd be kind of cool if they did, but I think that for the Xbox 360 players they would be missing out on some of the best things that make the Xbox One version amazing (I'm assuming it's going to be amazing). 

I'm pretty very sure that I read online they were not making it for Xbox 360, but this discussion with my friend this morning has made me a little unsure of my knowledge on the next Halo game. All help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

• Like 2

No Halo 5 will be an X1 Exclusive and that is an AMAZING thing.

The 360 is old, outdated, dying. the X1 is new, powerful, not so beautiful, and gives Halo 5 the potential to be the best Halo game yet.

Also M$ wants to sell more X1's and 343i doesn't want to work on old hardware. 

• Like 1

Plus I doubt there are impulse triggers in the 360 controllers...and It says on the OFFICIAL XBOX.COM website that it is an Xbox one exclusive, if you go under xbox 360 games you will not find it...but if you go under xbox one games you will find it there...hope this helps! :D

• Like 1

Him: Of course it's going to be on Xbox 360!

Me: I don't think so... It's exclusive to Xbox One.

Him: Whatever, you're just a girl. What do you know?

Me: I'm pretty sure that's what I heard.

Him: You believe everything you hear?

I'd give him a swift kick to the gentleman's area for that. :mellow:

Yeah, Halo 5 is supposedly going to really take advantage of the new gen systems, it would be silly to release it for old gen. The new Halo game I believe will make or break the franchise, not to the point of complete failure or anything. They need to focus on new gen, not old... which is what they're doing unless they change their mind. But, it needs to be good if they are to take over from Bungie. I have complete faith in 343i, of course but I think many will agree that Halo 5 will need to live up to the hype and expectations. Not to sound demanding or anything, I love Halo and always will. It's just, I don't want them to go too far off road with implementing a variety of new things that could turn the new Halo games into something less Halo and more, lets say COD like (I hate referencing COD). Man I do have a tendency to drag on, haha.  :laughing: 

• Like 1

I think in order to keep Halo 5 as presumably high quality as possible, it needs to be specifically made for Xbox One.

If they had the idea in mind for it to also release on the 360, they would have to hold back some things so it could be compatible with the less powerfull Console.

I've heard that 343 had problems with Halo 4 since the old 360 hardware (I think that's right) was too restrictive, and kept them from including more content in the final game, but with Xbox One they'll have a crapload of breathing room to add whatever.

• Like 1

343 industries anounced in a waypoint bulletin, that they have moved all of their future development over to the xbox one. I don't see it coming for the 360 nor will it ever be.

Don't get me wrong, they pulled every bit of power out of the 360 and Halo 4 is graphically impressive, but it is time for a new era and I am anctious to see what they can do with the power of the xbox one.

• Like 1

I wouldn't want them to create it for the 360. As much as I love the console it will just keep Halo 5 reaching full potential.

I'd say go for the Xbox One to make it as awesome as it can be and don't let the Xbox 360 keep you from doing that.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

As you said, if they were porting it to 360, a completely different (inferior) version will need to be made and would decrease sales of the Xbox One because Halo is a huge selling point for the Xbox game consoles. It has already been confirmed to be an Xbox One exclusive. Why are so many people hell-bent on getting an Xbox 360 port anyway? I don't remember people complaining that Halo 3 wasn't on the original Xbox...