questions before i buy this game

itz R3SiST

1. Does Halo 4 have a matchmaking ranking system similar to Halo 2 or 3? In particular, I'm looking for a system which lowers rank after loss.

2. Are there matchmaking playlists that turn off loadouts, sprinting, and classes? Most importantly that everyone starts with the same weapon.

1. Does Halo 4 have a matchmaking ranking system similar to Halo 2 or 3? In particular, I'm looking for a system which lowers rank after loss.

2. Are there matchmaking playlists that turn off loadouts, sprinting, and classes? Most importantly that everyone starts with the same weapon.

1. It does have a skill-based ranking system but it's only visible on Halo Waypoint, take that for what it's worth.

2. You can vote for legendary gametypes that turn off your preset loadouts, but not sprinting.

I wouldn't disregard Halo 4, it's actually a fun game to play if you're not a serious gamer, it's not as bad as people make it out to be if I'm being completely honest.

I am a serious gamer, I play Halo for fun and competitive. The games has been adjusted since launch to balance out any unbalanced loadouts, If I were you I'd give it a try, you might just like it.

it is a fun game to play and it does have a skill based ranking system but you cant get rid of sprint because it is a passive thing but you can turn off the ability to have custom loadouts in custom games and you cant use them in legendary slayer

Halo 4 has a ranking system that you ma out rather quickly if you compare it to the previous titles. However it is still an awesome game! I would pick it up if I were you!

And what do you mean with a titanfall port?

I am a serious gamer, I play Halo for fun and competitive. The games has been adjusted since launch to balance out any unbalanced loadouts, If I were you I'd give it a try, you might just like it.

Fair point, I should've also pointed that out. My bad, just trying to make out the point that Halo 4 is a fun game but of course you can be a serious gamer and also enjoy the game. :)

1. yes there is a 1-50 system. it was added last year around April

2. Sprinting cannot be removed without a mod. The mod doesnt exist in matchmaking. There are playlist without loadouts and classes but they are re-occurent; meaning that they arent permanent additions to matchmaking. 

Thanks for the answers. Is there any word on Halo 5 regarding my questions? 

It will be a real disappointment if they don't have an in-game ranking system like Halo 2/3. 

On another note, why the hell wouldn't they? It almost seems absurd that Halo 4 doesn't. 

Because it encouraged DDOSing and other such things, which ruined people's gaming experience.

It could possibly be done now on XB1, since there is no way to DDOS (Correct me if im wrong)

• 1 month later...

When you are a lower rank and you are doing matchmaking you often get grouped with players with levels close to yours. At my friends house I wanted to play Halo 4 but she was rank 1, and I didn't mind playing a little with her starting over again. I noticed that it was significantly easier for me because I'm really a rank 83 hehehe. Plus I've been playing Halo since Combat Evolved!

Some of the playlists are different. There is Rumble Slayer, Slayer Pro, Infinity Slayer, and many others. Some of these you don't get to choose your custom loadouts, you get to choose from default ones.

I really recommend Halo 4, it's an awesome game!