Commander Prime - Introduction

Commander Prime

Hi All!

Allow me to introduce myself,

My name is Greg; you can address me by that, my username (and gamertag), Commander Prime, or Gregatron. I am a college student hailing from the United States who loves Halo. Specifically, I enjoy the lore of this series and the creation process associated with the story and campaign.

Recently, I did something that may interest you:

After enrolling in school, I joined the Honors College at my university with a focus in Digital Cultures and Creativity. For the two years I was there, I worked on a Capstone project concerning the future of the Halo universe. Although it initially was a shot in the dark, I discovered that I had a talent for both writing and drawing, especially the former.

I graduated from the Honors Program this past spring and when I presented the project to the Director, he was so impressed that he strongly urged me to share it with the developers. However, I am not here to toot my own horn, the focus should be the project. Anyhow, after hearing his remarks I worked on the project over the summer in order to keep it up to date and am currently trying to bring it to 343 Industries for them to use.

Before anyone says the "why would they use anything you have to say?", know that this was not simply 2 years of writing a fan-fiction. A majority of the time was spent researching the themes and direction already established in the Halo franchise and analyzing how other similar franchises, such as Star Wars and Transformers, handled comparable themes and directions then making the necessary connections. As a result, the written portion was both accurate and flexible. Through the research, I was able to predict the Librarian and Didact's presence in the next part of the saga (not Halo 4 - I would be lying if I claimed I knew both would be involved so soon, especially when the project still in its early stages) as early as March 2012 and the revelation of the Organon in October 2012. Due to the accuracy of the research, I don't want to reveal much else until after I at least show them the project. 

Whether they see it and like or loathe it entirely is not really my concern; I would rather not say anything now and they hate it than reveal everything and they love it but now have the element of surprise torpedoed. In other words, I want to afford them the ability to tell me not to ruin the (awesome) surprises in store for us should they review the material and deem it accurate enough to merit being concealed. If anyone knows contact information, I would appreciate it.

Anyhow, if you'd like to play some Halo or just talk on Xbox Live, I would be happy to. I like listening to and helping people and although I am holding out on some elements of the project, there are other pieces which I really think some people will enjoy hearing about and can share. My favorite game modes are Big Team Slayer and Fiesta Classic and my favorite weapons are the Beam rifle (Mother of God...) and Incineration Cannon (son of God and Holy Ghost...). I also enjoy playing around in forge or custom games.

Thank you all for listening and I hope this leads to many fun years!

Sincerely,

Greg

• Like 2

Welcome to the 343i community forums Greg I hope you like it here I have been writing some AC fan fic recently tell me what you think .....

One day Connor was walking and fell off a cliff and broke all the bones in his body son he was died of starvation and the world was a better place for all

DA END ! :D

Welcome to the 343i community forums Greg I hope you like it here I have been writing some AC fan fic recently tell me what you think .....

One day Connor was walking and fell off a cliff and broke all the bones in his body son he was died of starvation and the world was a better place for all

DA END ! :D

Ouch. You must really hate him. I can't see why, I mean, I recently finished AC3 and didn't have a shred of hate for the guy.

Anyway, hi. I see you're another Prime.

THERE WILL ONLY BE ONE--

no, no, just kidding, I'm not Sentinel.

This is all very interesting, there are..errr I mean were alot of great writers within the community at one time. I am going to one day bring as many of them back for they are friends and one should not turn his back on them. Whoops I am ranting, *sigh* my bad. Welcome to the community can't wait to play some matchs on Halo with you one day, seeya!!