Elite

Best game music?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Best game music?

• Mass Effect
    • Halo
    • They're both equally as good
    • Not sure, I wouldn't know both.

I love both and in the poll I am picking both but if I really had to pick one I would go with Halo.
The soundtrack for Halo fits the uniform Military Sci-fi that Halo is. 

Then again the soundtracks are both perfect for their respective games. 

I love both and in the poll I am picking both but if I really had to pick one I would go with Halo.

The soundtrack for Halo fits the uniform Military Sci-fi that Halo is. 

Then again the soundtracks are both perfect for their respective games. 

Mass Effect is military science fiction and many more. :)

Plus Mass Effect pumps of more emphasis and make things much more grand than Halo ever has.

I actually think both franchises tend to lack in the music department. The original had a pretty competant score (and Halo 2 had some moments of brilliance as well) but overall I'd say the music in Halo is unimpressive. I think Marin O Donnell creates really generic and uninspired music. The score for Mass Effect is in the same situation. I think it's lifeless, the music only works to "tug at your heartstrings" rather than express any true emotion. I would say games like Castlevania, Metal Gear (excluding MGS2 and MGS4), and the Streets of Rage series have much more interesting music that not only works to assist the mood of the game but is listenable on its own.

Mass Effect is military science fiction and many more. :)

Plus Mass Effect pumps of more emphasis and make things much more grand than Halo ever has.

Mass Effect didn't feel  like a military scifi. It feels more like something like Star Wars. Even though it is. 

I disagree with Mass effect being more grand. I love Mass Effect but I really feel as if Halo hit me more at home so I guess it just depends on opinion. 

So many Halo votes... xD

I bet it has nothing to do with us being on a Halo forum. 

Edited by Buns
  • Like 1