Messed up Headset

TDM

Hey everyone, I'm having some trouble with my Tritton Universal Kunai headset. I had been using it earlier talking to a friend when I went and plugged it into my computer to try recording lines. I tried having the controller plugged in with the cord plugged in like I always do, It doesnt work. I set up the entire thing to my laptop and that doesn't work either. I then plugged it back into my Xbox and it didnt work again. I checked my plugs, All correct, And there were no tears in the wiring. The only sound it picks up is if it is really close, And is really loud... I don't know what has happened. And I really need help. If anyone out there knows enough to help me, It is very much obliged. Or in this case, I'd be very grateful and probably kiss your feet.

Tritton = Poor quality brand
Me and my little brother went through a total of 4 headsets. I had 2 of the lower end ones while he used the higher end models. All 4 broke in less then 7 months, His lasted  around 5 months until he had to get a new one 2 months ago, which actually happens to be breaking now. My Halo 4 Tritons lasted a good 7 months until any issues(But it had sound issues those 7 months) I recently replaced them with Turtle Beach X12s. Very good headset for the price. All of my friends have also had a variety of issues while using trittons too. Me and my little brother take very good care of stuff I mean my Gameboy Color still works like a charm so obviously we weren't reckless with it. 
Your headset is most likely pooped start investing in a new one. Another word of advice if you're going to do audio recording(Music, Voice, etc) the best beginner hardware you can get your fingers on is a Blue Snowball USB Microphone. I got mine for only 60 bucks off amazon and it was an AMAZING purchase. Great audio quality, easy to use, easy to setup(You just plug it in)

Tritton = Poor quality brand

Me and my little brother went through a total of 4 headsets. I had 2 of the lower end ones while he used the higher end models. All 4 broke in less then 7 months, His lasted  around 5 months until he had to get a new one 2 months ago, which actually happens to be breaking now. My Halo 4 Tritons lasted a good 7 months until any issues(But it had sound issues those 7 months) I recently replaced them with Turtle Beach X12s. Very good headset for the price. All of my friends have also had a variety of issues while using trittons too. Me and my little brother take very good care of stuff I mean my Gameboy Color still works like a charm so obviously we weren't reckless with it. 

Your headset is most likely pooped start investing in a new one. Another word of advice if you're going to do audio recording(Music, Voice, etc) the best beginner hardware you can get your fingers on is a Blue Snowball USB Microphone. I got mine for only 60 bucks off amazon and it was an AMAZING purchase. Great audio quality, easy to use, easy to setup(You just plug it in)

Are you cereal?

I got Halo 4 Limited Edition Tritton Trigger headsets for $70AU. They've lasted me an entire year and haven't shown any faults whatsoever as of yet. They're absolutely amazing.

Turtle Beaches on the other hand, are very fragile and break incredibly easily. I wouldn't advise getting them at all. Tritton Triggers are the most sturdy and reliable of all the headsets I've ever owned.

• Like 1

Are you cereal?

I got Halo 4 Limited Edition Tritton Trigger headsets for $70AU. They've lasted me an entire year and haven't shown any faults whatsoever as of yet. They're absolutely amazing.

Turtle Beaches on the other hand, are very fragile and break incredibly easily. I wouldn't advise getting them at all. Tritton Triggers are the most sturdy and reliable of all the headsets I've ever owned.

I've had 2 Turtle Beach headsets in my life

Both lasted almost 2 years. I am on my 3rd one now

I've had 2 tritton headsets both lasted around a year.

Early turtle beach headets sucked but the newer models are better then ever. 5 of my friends who also had trittons and they had the $100+ lasted a year until issues started happening

So yes I am cereal. I would never call something a poor brand unless I have firsthand experience with it. 

I just don't know why headsets last only 1 or 2 years for you guys. I bought the first xbox 360 like 6 years ago and the headset coming with it is still working lol.

Turtle beach are in my opinion the best choice for headsets. One of my friends got one and he said it is a really nice headset.

it could be the actual mic cos i can hear with my mic but im deaf so i play it through speakers but the bit i speak into came out and i can hear it rattling around inside so it might have done something similar but maybe without the rattle