Halo 5... $99!

Silent Orbis

Okay, I'll just leave this discovery here. This is a screenshot of what I just saw... I have no idea what's going on here...

post-29121-0-44630800-1382811687_thumb.png

NOTICE THE $99 PRICE TAG!

As you can see... it's just as much as the Halo 4 LE, so it could be a LE, or just a glitch in the systems. We all know what the third possibility is...

As Microsoft being the publisher, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1

Okok calm down man no need to be surprised,  it is most likely just a glitch in the system or it could be the LE edition. Do you really think Microsoft is stupid enough to price a standard edition of the game this high? Next gen games are $60(or your regional equivalent) Microsoft would never dare hurt the sales of one of their best selling franchises like this I mean Sony and Microsoft already sell their consoles at a loss(Sony loses $60 for every PS4 bought) They make money on the software and services so pricing a standard edition of a game this high will only hurt them. 
Trust me Microsoft would never pull something like this(So the comment "Microsoft is the publisher I wouldn't be surprised" is quite off putting). It is most likely just a glitch in the Walmart systems which has happened before with places like Tesco or Target. My bet is that this is the LE edition of the game instead of SE 
Thanks for posting this though it makes me think that they are going to announce something soon :laughing:

Or maybe because it will not be out for at least another year and the £70 price is filler for the fact that the bloody price will not be announced until June earliest (Presuming it releases 2014 at all.)

MS have stated that all X1 titles will be the standard £40 that they are now. You can go home people.

Or maybe because it will not be out for at least another year and the £70 price is filler for the fact that the bloody price will not be announced until June earliest (Presuming it releases 2014 at all.)

MS have stated that all X1 titles will be the standard £40 that they are now. You can go home people.

Exactly. They mentioned this a while ago. Any unusual prices are probably not the real price of the game.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O7QU08RmlGZlDQQOwSu3KxLgcfIsNwgzOoxnrn6I718/edit?usp=sharing

this is what i found on amazon. so im sure it was a glitch. but still i really like your find. thank you for that

also on amazon they have the full release date for halo 5... or at least what is listed now. but the date is december 31st

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O7QU08RmlGZlDQQOwSu3KxLgcfIsNwgzOoxnrn6I718/edit?usp=sharing

this is what i found on amazon. so im sure it was a glitch. but still i really like your find. thank you for that

also on amazon they have the full release date for halo 5... or at least what is listed now. but the date is december 31st

Yeah, that's a more reasonable price.

Microsoft aren't that stupid. I think it's just a placeholder, as there are little-no details on the game yet. This was similar to Halo 4, there were preorder listings all over the place on eBay, on Amazon, etc. We don't even know if this is the official cover art, as with Halo 4 they didn't confirm it until a few months before the game's release.