What Halo needs

Assassinaded

• 2 weeks later...

There needs to be a legitimate ranking system like a combination of halo 2/3 this CSR ranking system in absurd. The assault rifle is wayyyyy to strong period. Add in dcope with some dedicated servers and the game can turn itself around. What are your thoughts?

Legitimate ranking system, agreed. Assault Rifle overpowered, I disagree. It has limited range and accuracy and takes 1 more round to kill than a Battle Rifle. Descoping, agreed. Dedicated servers, that's already confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...

Just trust in 343i, they'll look at what the community wants and well, of course 343 themselves. The ranking system will definitely be different, Halo 4's Ranking System I personally thought was lazy and pointless. Don't get me wrong I loved Halo, but 343 will definitely improve this, especially now that next gen is out, I can't wait to see what they do with Halo 5. I would love Halo 3's Ranking System to make a return but with a new twist, or new look. I would like Social Games and Ranked Games back, I think it's what a lot of people want but all we can do right now is wait and see.

Oh and I don't think the Assault Rifle is at all OP, considering the Battle Rifle and DMR, are the best weapons to use (Long range, medium range and powerful etc), the Assault Rifle needed to be on par, the Assault Rifle is close range as most of us know, so it's not OP.

Oh and I think environment change would be good during matchmaking, I know Call of Duty have done this with Ghosts, but with Halo it could work out so well! I think it would bring something a little new to Halo Matchmaking too.

By environment change do you mean like rainy, cloudy, sunny, possibly even snow? Weather changes? Or do you mean that there should be a variety of different map environments to play on? I agree with a bigger variety of maps and environments. Lots of people don't like the re-used maps that are in War Games and Spartan Ops.

By environment change do you mean like rainy, cloudy, sunny, possibly even snow? Weather changes? Or do you mean that there should be a variety of different map environments to play on? I agree with a bigger variety of maps and environments. Lots of people don't like the re-used maps that are in War Games and Spartan Ops.

Both really, weather wise and map wise. :)

Then I agree with your point. That would be a very advanced feature to add into Halo and would definitely make a memorable difference to the game.

Considering it's next gen, developers should be thinking out side the box and going to the extreme or at least adding as much as possible that next gen would allow. Talking about this is making me excited to see Halo 5 game play. Saying a lot of what has been said in this thread could work out in Destiny too.

Considering it's next gen, developers should be thinking out side the box and going to the extreme or at least adding as much as possible that next gen would allow. Talking about this is making me excited to see Halo 5 game play. Saying a lot of what has been said in this thread could work out in Destiny too.

Very true. We may be receiving more than expected from Halo Xbox One. Seems like 343 will be keeping these surprises until around mid-2014. I would also like to see gameplay because when we look at Destiny we are astounded by the gameplay. If Bungie can do this in 2014, 343 should be able to pull something impressive off too. Unfortunately they have no where near the amount of time Bungie have and I believe they will satisfy us with the next Halo game. This is something I like about 343 Industries, they are hard working and won't give up no matter what time they have left. They deserve more respect than they actually get. Bungie have had years to create Destiny, they were hinting at it since Halo 3: ODST. 343 Industries have nowhere near that amount of time. I still think they can make the future Halo games memorable and I have complete faith in them.

Edited by UNSC Spartan-II

• 3 weeks later...

Ranking systems could be better i agree. But the assault rifle is good as it is after the tweeks. It can compete with other weapons in CQC now. Because getting outgunned by a long range rifle (DMR) in CQC feels a bit wierd.