Is Reach still out there?

Ranger Intel

I've completed Halo Reach on Legendary and read The Fall of Reach and I understand that almost all of reach was glassed (ONI's Castle Base wasn't), but is it still out there? Obviously now it's useless to the UNSC, but if they ever wanted to return, could they? Did it completely vanish, or was it just glassed and left in the Epsilon Eridani System? It would be completely out of the story if the brought it back unless there was a reason to. It was a key part of the Halo Universe. I'm not expecting them to bring it back, but if the UNSC wanted it back (possibly to train more Spartans), could they recolonize it? They already train on Spartan-IV's on the UNSC Infinity. Maybe they could use it for more space/power/control or more resources or to dig up artifacts. What do you guys think? Could it be recolonized by the UNSC, and if yes, why?

post-74986-0-19055900-1382637687.jpg

I've completed Halo Reach on Legendary and read The Fall of Reach and I understand that almost all of reach was glassed (ONI's Castle Base wasn't), but is it still out there? Obviously now it's useless to the UNSC, but if they ever wanted to return, could they? Did it completely vanish, or was it just glassed and left in the Epsilon Eridani System? It would be completely out of the story if the brought it back unless there was a reason to. It was a key part of the Halo Universe. I'm not expecting them to bring it back, but if the UNSC wanted it back (possibly to train more Spartans), could they recolonize it? They already train on Spartan-IV's on the UNSC Infinity. Maybe they could use it for more space/power/control or more resources or to dig up artifacts. What do you guys think? Could it be recolonized by the UNSC, and if yes, why?

attachicon.gifReach-Halo Reach.jpg

At the end of halo reach there is a unsc ship in the background and the planet seems to have recovered so I would guess the planet was recolonized. :)  

• Like 1

Yeah the ending scene takes place like in 2580 or something. And from the looks of it, it was Re-Terra-formed.

It was. Halsey was giving a speech which has to suggest that SPARTAN OPS SPOILER Halsey lives and rejoins the UNSC(After the Halo 4 Sops ending)

• Like 1

I had been wondering about this myself though the "ship" in the background looked more like forerunner tech then a UNSC ship IMO... thoughts?

Honestly I haven't seen which ship everyone is talking about or I don't remember seeing it, but I'm sure it wouldn't of been a forerunner one. There aren't even that many forerunner ships that have been designed by Bungie and 343. Little is known about them.

The ship is right after they show you're helmet in the grass if I recall and in the background there is a ship. Since there is grass I'm assuming its been Terra formed and if they needed to I guess they could use it as space to train Spartans. But then again the Covenant is in a civil war and if the Storm Covenant find out about Reach well they still have the coordinates to Reach and could attack it. So chances are they wouldn't use Reach for anything other than a farming planet or a military outpost.

• Like 1

The ship is right after they show you're helmet in the grass if I recall and in the background there is a ship. Since there is grass I'm assuming its been Terra formed and if they needed to I guess they could use it as space to train Spartans. But then again the Covenant is in a civil war and if the Storm Covenant find out about Reach well they still have the coordinates to Reach and could attack it. So chances are they wouldn't use Reach for anything other than a farming planet or a military outpost.

Thanks. ;) I was going to ask what would it be used for. I don't think the Storm Covenant would have a chance against the UNSC though. :) Imagine in the last Halo, Reach is attacked again but far worse than in 2552, the UNSC and other enemies that attack Reach have the biggest battle in Human history and at the end Chief has a moment similar to Noble Team's. That would kind of repeat the story again but it would be interesting to think of it and it can be changed to seem less repetitive. What if Reach takes on another big role in Halo?

Well it usually takes 50 years for a planet to recover from a glassing. In the end of reach that was 30 years, Its just about healed. And with the peace with Arbiter and what not, I'm sure they can go back.