Do you like Shmeefs?

NinetysBorn

Do you like Shmeefs?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Shmeefs?

I used to love Shmeefs... :( Then, I discovered their filthy evil ways! :o lol

If I had to answer this thread, I would respond by saying no, I do not like Shmeefs. I feel as if Shmeefs are a forced meme and THFE abused their strong influence on the Halo community to do so. On THFE's YouTube channel you "can expect to see and download the best of Halo Custom Games." Thus, it is not easy to get a map recognized and featured by THFE. As long as you have Shmeefs on your maps though, you will have a higher chance of being recognized by THFE. Which, is not right at all and completely unfair.

Before you confuse me with somebody else, I love what THFE does. They're a great channel that show the community amazing maps and work hard to do so. I completely support THFE. I just don't like Shmeefs and believe they do not belong in Halo. Especially, on a YouTube channel dedicated to "the best of Halo Custom Games."

• Like 1

Aesthetically, they're cute, funny, and in all ways pretty cool. I've seen giganto shmeefs and dragon shmeefs, which are cool as well.

What ISN"T cool is how many of the maps with them are sometimes ones which.....I guess you could say, sucking THFE's ####. It's always fun to see one or two 'hey its a shmeef!' moments but if you're doing it out of trying to make your map 'kewl' then, nah. 

Ima put this here

They are destroying the forge community; it seems as though the people who watch THFE put them in every map and the channel are now basically self promoting. They seem to only ever do maps by THEM, their FRIENDS or the people who put these in.

Some channels have lost subs and views because of this and it is harder to get noticed, and because the community only knows a few large channels.

Don't take this the wrong way, I like THFE but this is an unintended side effect and its destroying unknown or smaller channels and groups who can't get noticed anymore.

My thoughts anyway.

• Like 1