Halofight [Forum Game]

Is not JL

And the win is based on better posts, so how did this points thing start anyway? Please tell me. And the kill respawn thing started with someone kinda just said '______ was killed by ______' and said they slowly faded away, right?

So now it's turned into Who-the-hell-started-the-points-idea? for me.

• Like 1

Also, with the new skull that takes away auto-hits and god moding, what happens if a player that is attacked does not respond to the post? For example, i post "Fear shot his DMR at Jacob" but Jacob does not reply for duration of that round. That leaves Fear completely helpless and doesn't allow him to make any other moves until Jacob responds with a post describing the outcome. I do really want to have more player interaction between each other, but it will be hard to do with this flawed system

Then it is up to you as a player to find a creative way to get back into the combat. Lets say, in a real Halo slayer game, you have a sniper and you shoot someone. Immediately after, you go and look for someone else to shoot, right? Its the same thing; its just that you don't know if your first shot hit, and you can't do anything about it.

In terms of inactivity, there is definitely an aim to try and keep players posting as much as possible, and, while of course there is never a way to guarantee a player's activity, if more interaction was forced out of them (which this skull should do) then perhaps they'll stay about and around some more. As for policy, there is one - if you don't plan on being able to continually post then you can excuse yourself from the current game list to rejoin at whatever time you like.

since we are still deciding on some of the rules, why don't we postpone this next round? It's not completely clear how we are interacting with players and the kill/respawn issue yet. I think it would be best to wait for some more feedback about your general concerns before we allow for a new round to start

Hmmm......

How about we postpone this round for 24 hours, and once it's 6AM eastern time the round will continue. Any objections?

I completely agree with you, I want the game to be like the first two rounds, where only minor characters and troops were killed. 

And we don't really need the new skull. We could slightly control other players' movements and reactions, but in a more logical way. For example, one wouldn't post "Player 1 shot his BR at Player 2, who stood there staring a P1 until he was knocked out."

We should make it more fair, especially for other players' character.

Yet, there are many ways 'logic' can be applied to a post and what another player does to your character will almost definitely be logical. Take Cunning's killing of Fear; the only illogical part was when he sliced off both arms with plasma swords and then still had them bleed, it was certainly logical, wasn't it? But it wasn't fair to Victory Element in that VE didn't have any control over what his character could do, and even more so unfair with the reasons described by VE as the death/respawn 'system'. Would that be an issue?

In my opinion, I have the feeling that skulls as game modifiers can help cater to multiple people, such as this skull for those who want interaction and less puppeting of their own and other characters, and another skull that allows killing like what BaconShelf and Zachary enjoyed. But in the end, this is a fight game, and having a continual cycle of 'player spawn, player kills' posts doesn't seem to involve much fighting, which usually involves more than one person.

I like having both. I'm just still confused how you get kills. Is it your responsibility to decide when your character is killed?

You dont. Its a rule that people for some reason disobeyed last round, possibly because the name said 'Team Slayer'.

And the win is based on better posts, so how did this points thing start anyway? Please tell me. And the kill respawn thing started with someone kinda just said '______ was killed by ______' and said they slowly faded away, right?

So now it's turned into Who-the-hell-started-the-points-idea? for me.

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/29675-halofight-forum-game/page-4?do=findComment&comment=271925

Although I do think part of the blame rests on me. Despite the fact that 'No Killing' was a definite part of the rules, maybe it was my choice of calling it 'Team Slayer' that started kills.

Because people didn't seem fazed by suddenly having their characters die, I simply left it so I could ask, at the end of the round, if the violation of such a rule was fun.

Edited by SEED Factor

@SEED factor

I'm still not clear with the scenario that a player does not respond to post that involves him. You compared the situation to firing a sniper shot, and then immediately looking for a new target. With all due respect, I just can't comprehend how that solves the issue of a player not responding to an action towards him.

When a sniper fires a shot, it is outcome of the shot that determines their actions immediately after. If they score a kill, then they look for a new target. If they miss the shot, then they fire another shot to finish the player. If the other player shoots back, then the sniper will find cover. All of the same applies to this game. If I fire at an opponent, how am I supposed to decide what I do next if don't know the outcome of the shot?

Sorry if it sounds like I am always complaining. I sincerely want to make this game the best experience possible, so I am just trying clear up anything that's unclear

Edited by Victory Element
  • Like 1

@SEED factor

I'm still not clear with the scenario that a player does not respond to post that involves him. You compared the situation to firing a sniper shot, and then immediately looking for a new target. With all due respect, I just can't comprehend how that solves the issue of a player not responding to an action towards him.

Again, if one player is gone and your post was directed to him, then it is your job to find a way to get back in to the action.  The player who is gone will then have to respond to that sniper bullet and then he, too, must find a way to get back into the action.

Outcome of the shot - the dude goes away. Do you sit there for the next 10 minutes staring for him to come back?

When this skull is implemented, in simple terms, the fighting turns into a roleplay based fight, with all of role playing's rules that prevent unfair characters and unfair posts. If in a roleplay you can fight on if one guy has to go into limbo, you can most definitely continue fighting, especially since even if 1 guy is gone about 8 others will still be here.

But in the end, its down to two things you can do, and nothing else. 1. Stay there, have your character in limbo, and only break him out when the other guy responds or someone else interacts with you. 2. Move on and continue.

I don't mind if you complain; Its just feedback.

Edited by SEED Factor

Well I had no idea that my last post would cause such repercussions regarding rules and what not. I do apologize with the OP acting of Cunning. Even though it must have seemed that I was just being unfair and playing just to win, instead of fun, I assure you it was just to seem cinematic, which was quite evident with the samurai-esque battle between Cunning and Des'. Since I write film scripts and draw storyboards in my spare time,I have a bad habit of making things that shouldn't or wouldn't normally be cinematic, overly cinematic. So I apologize in hijacking the match in my last post, I'll refrain from it in this match and the others that follow.

@Victory Element Again I apologize for the gruesome death of your character, it certainly wasn't my intention to gross you or anyone out, it was just to show how unstable, animalistic and brutal a Yanme'e could be. Which I did take significant inspiration from the bugs in Starship Troopers (which I was watching before I posted). The whole death scene was me just going a bit too far in displaying how brutal the conflicts between Human and Covenant combatants are and me just over complicating a simple vengeance kill. I'll be sure to go easier on carnage displayed in future fights since I am even slightly disturbed reading it now. I also agree with a implementation of something regarding inactive players.

@SEED Factor I have a concern with the "chance to hit" thing.It seems like a good idea to stop the controlling other players thing that went on last match (which I admit, I did as well)  its that I'm just concerned of whats stopping that from becoming an endless cycle of  evasion an example:"Bill Murray calls in an orbital strike on Bruce Campbell. Bruce Campbell blocks the MAC round with his chin, survives and then snipes at Bill Murray. Bill Murray detonates the bullet with his proton pack etc etc etc" Not that I think anyone currently playing will do such things, but with other players joining be likely, it might happen. Also the more "Cinematic style of play" should occur once in a while to change things up from other matches. It just should hold no bearing in the scheme of things, with no MVP, and no choosing of a special weapon. It should just be a way for people to try new ideas and be creative with "story telling" if thats what we could classify this forum game as. In regard to what you mentioned about my killing of Victory Element being unfair since he had no say in the fight, I just want to point out that the same thing happened when Fear killed Cunning, whom I had not moved since my first kill. I'm not taking what you said as an attack or anything, just pointing that out.  I also have an idea for a new mode. Hyper realism. Similar to what is displayed in the books, with energy shields being able to be taken down in two shots, people being able to survive wounds, exhaustion, plasma weapons being vastly superior to traditional firearms etc. I will post in the current match tomorrow since I'm tired currently, and sorry for making another essay post.

• Like 1

The thing is, when we play a text based game that doesn't allow things like auto-hits, we will end up enjoying the ability to block yet also be forced into a state of praying for common sense. It's up to the player to input common sense to their own posts, and this would include being hit when you get hit. Despite invincibility in a game like this, you aren't unhittable.

And if you do just evade evade and evade, you can continue doing that for the rest of the game as nobody gives you a special weapon. If someone new chimes in and does something like this, we can kindly offer them tips to say 'its not really fun to do that' and if he continues you can either not attack him or lend me a chicken to ride on.

For a 'cinematic style of play', I have to questions to players. 1. Should I allow death? 2. This means you guys do get to control other players? Is that ok?

And for hyper realism, I think that the idea would work if we ended up with a human team against an alien team.

The thing is, when we play a text based game that doesn't allow things like auto-hits, we will end up enjoying the ability to block yet also be forced into a state of praying for common sense. It's up to the player to input common sense to their own posts, and this would include being hit when you get hit. Despite invincibility in a game like this, you aren't unhittable.

And if you do just evade evade and evade, you can continue doing that for the rest of the game as nobody gives you a special weapon. If someone new chimes in and does something like this, we can kindly offer them tips to say 'its not really fun to do that' and if he continues you can either not attack him or lend me a chicken to ride on.

For a 'cinematic style of play', I have to questions to players. 1. Should I allow death? 2. This means you guys do get to control other players? Is that ok?

And for hyper realism, I think that the idea would work if we ended up with a human team against an alien team.

I will provide the all mighty Super Death Mecha Chicken 3.0 Beta for you ride in on, laser eyes, a sonic squawk, titanium talons, built in toaster, and an Xbox One. She will be well equipped should the situation occur.

In regard to the "cinematic style of play", Death should be allowed since it makes it seem more like a battle that would take place, whether respawing or set lives come into the equation, I'll leave to you.

On the controlling other players thing, I think that it is okay, within reason. Even though I'm being highly hypocritical since in my last post in the match, I, maneuvered, and killed the entire team without any of their input, I think there should be limitations.

One limitation would be that when controlling other players deaths, they must be in response to their last post. An example would be that if Des' Xavum moved into the forest, and I make the next post after Des' moving, I can kill him. But if Des' moved into the forest, fifteen posts are made before mine, and I say I chop Des' head off, it doesn't count since the poster has absolutely no control on what his character has done for fifteen posts, but if I directly reply to his, he walked into a trap in a sense if you get where I'm coming from.

Also controlling the opponents movement should be done with common sense. Like in the last match where Pluton went with another player and Spark and Des' went another way. Jacob killed Spark, and I controlled Des' movement with the reasoning that it would be logical if he stayed low, and began to stalk Jacob, and that he was in Sparks vicinity in the first place. Even though I totally dictated what the enemies did without their creator's input last match, I think it shouldn't be allowed when looking at it practically, but from a cinematic standpoint yes.

Controlling the minor details of characters, how they crouched, talked among one another, whether they sniffed the air for scent or other similar details should be allowed in all matches as long as it doesn't go against the way the creator makes their character act. For example with the whole rivalry between Omegaman Infinity and Cunning I cooked up should serve to reason that Cunning wouldn't be sitting in the garden having tea with Omegaman Infinity, or that cunning would just suddenly hate Des' Xavum after respecting him as an equal unless I dictated it. It just makes the characters seem more lifelike than if they stood where they were last moved to and stayed until their creator moved them again. 

Also having a human vs covenant method of play in hyper realism would allow the creation of rivalries or friendship between the common alliances and one allow for interesting details of how the characters move in attacking foes, communication, and who would be the makeshift leader based on rank or prior structure in the Covenant military.

• Like 1

OK. Well, I'll create both a skull that allows killing and cinematic gameplay, and its only when that skull is on that killing is allowed; this'll be the direct opposite of the current Thunderstorm skull we're testing right now. Minor things like speech can be controlled by others but nothing too much. Simple things like a pat on the back is, of course, allowed, but this doesn't apply to swords to the back.

I'll also make a hyper realism gametype where it goes into UNSC VS Covenant, and if you guys want, we can test that next round.

Back to round 4. Try to refrain from out-of-game posts from now, and if you have anything more that you feel I should know that involves more than a short sentence, PMing me would be the best way to talk.

Round 4 Re-continued.

I am going to be leaving the game I think. It's time consuming for me and I want to avoid having any unnecessary responsibilities. My life outside of the forums is becoming very tight on time and I have a lot to worry about

I did enjoy reading through previous rounds and getting to play in the last round, but I just won't be able to cherish the experience anymore. Best of luck to SEED factor and all participants. I hope the game continues to improve and attract more players. I may tune in occasionally to read some action, and I will see if there's time again to join in the future

Good luck,

Fear out

I am going to be leaving the game I think. It's time consuming for me and I want to avoid having any unnecessary responsibilities. My life outside of the forums is becoming very tight on time and I have a lot to worry about

I did enjoy reading through previous rounds and getting to play in the last round, but I just won't be able to cherish the experience anymore. Best of luck to SEED factor and all participants. I hope the game continues to improve and attract more players. I may tune in occasionally to read some action, and I will see if there's time again to join in the future

Good luck,

Fear out

Nooooooooooo D:

Y u do dis? :cry:

Anyway, in round 4, what skulls are active? I got a little confused...

And another question, if a UNSC vs Aliens battle occur, whose side will I be on since my character is a Separatist? :question:

Edited by Elite Sniper
  • Like 1

Nooooooooooo D:

Y u do dis? :cry:

Anyway, in round 4, what skulls are active? I got a little confused...

And another question, if a UNSC vs Aliens battle occur, whose side will I be on since my character is a Separatist? :question:

Is he human....or is he alien?

As for Round 4...

Skulls: Tough Luck -  When this skull is activated for a round, in that round, every player will lose meta-gaming, auto-hitting, puppeting and godmodding abilities - you can no longer say your attacks hit, only that you performed an attack, and you must wait for your target to respond accordingly.  Your character can't have knowledge of happenings in the game because you know it - they must, in-game, learn of it. You can no longer control other characters, nor say that happened to them in your post. The exception to this skull is Armies, and they can auto-hit and be auto-hit as they are disposable. 

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/29675-halofight-forum-game/page-5?do=findComment&comment=272393

[I AM BACKKKK! Sorry about that, I have been busy, and I REFUSE to read what is behind my post... HALF A LEAGUE ONWARD!]

Omegaman awoke to blinding white light and wind battering his chest, he was falling. He shook his head waved his arms in the air, screaming, he knew he was going to land, the question was, where? He barreled down from the sky and unto the carrier's aircraft deck, his head slammed into the ground, in full force. He groaned in pain as he was lain in the rusty rubble, he then heard a familiar cry, Sikslik7's. He jumped off the ground, hazed, his vision was blurrier then when he drank fresh Kig-Yar Ale, but he could see something, something he hated dearly, Cunning, patrolling for a target, his eyes turned red, as he stood straight and let out a screech, it maneuvered through the whole ship, reaching it's farthest corners for all to hear, he charged at Cunning, faster then he had ever run before. He put out his clawed fingers, but before Cunning could turn to his opponent, Omegaman grabbed his neck with full force, Cunning muttered, "You can't autohi-" as Omegaman interrupted in a scowling voice, "I am not going to kill you." as his hand gripped harder, he growled in his face, muttering, "How could you kill a man like that, with such viciousness that even I can't comprehend? You bashed the man's skull in, Vermin, I should do the same to you!" as he pulled out his Suppressor, putting it at the Yanm'e's chest, and letting out a single shot, only a damage shot though, as it didn't kill him, Cunning writhed with fear and pain, as the Jackal felt a familiar hand grasp his shoulder, Spark's, Omegaman turned to Spark as he nodded his head, the Jackal let out an angered face and once again roared in the Yanm'e's eyes, as he threw the Yanm'e across the carrier, Cunning hit a Jet's hull as he slid down, in a pool of his own blood, Omegaman walked up to him and stared at him with accusing eyes, and then he crouched down, and muttered in the Yanm'e's face, "You ever do something like that again, no matter to whom, and I will drown you in a pool of your own blood, Vermin." as he got back up, docking the suppressor on his back, and taking a run for the side of the ship, where there is a small hole in which he can avoid getting shot at, as he jumped he quickly turned and thruster pack-ed into the room, landing feet first in a crouched position on the floor.

• 3 weeks later...

I DEMAND RESURRECTION!!!!!!!!!! I do not wish to see this die. I throughout the past two days, I have thoroughly read all 123 posts, and have been looking forward to joining, only to see that it is dying. So, resurrect it and I will make a character. Don't, and I will be disappointed by the fact that I was unable to participate because of my weeklong vacation.