Ughh 343 better keep cortana dead and be more creative

pitbull2

Ok, this whole cortana love story has gone too far. I feel like I played a soap opera rather then a Halo game. Keep her dead. Cheif lost part of his "soldierness" in Halo 4. Look at the Navy Seals, read their books. Master Chief reminded me of them but now not so much. He has become EMO!!

Ok, now the other part is this game is now starting to look too much like Tron to me. Orange/Red light for bad, blue like for good. If Cortana comes back and is any way human... Quorra!! Disney did that already with Tron Legacy.

And in the end, let the Chief die a soldier's death, out in the field doing what he loves. Dont make him "settle down" or become a trainer. I think 343 should go interview some SEALS and get their take on stuff and incorporate it into Halo.

Ok, this whole cortana love story has gone too far. I feel like I played a soap opera rather then a Halo game. Keep her dead. Cheif lost part of his "soldierness" in Halo 4. Look at the Navy Seals, read their books. Master Chief reminded me of them but now not so much. He has become EMO!!

Ok, now the other part is this game is now starting to look too much like Tron to me. Orange/Red light for bad, blue like for good. If Cortana comes back and is any way human... Quorra!! Disney did that already with Tron Legacy.

And in the end, let the Chief die a soldier's death, out in the field doing what he loves. Dont make him "settle down" or become a trainer. I think 343 should go interview some SEALS and get their take on stuff and incorporate it into Halo.

343 are taking the halo story to new levels and I think halo 4 had the best story yet and halo 4 was just the start who know what halo 5 will bring to the table and after all isn't that what the trilogy is about making chief face his humanity :thumbsup:

• Like 1

If we dewelve into Halo Lore, the books, and now Spartan OPs, Cortana will by all means be coming back. Cortana is a Foreruner AI running through the mind of Halsey. I believe Halo 5 will be about MC trying to get Halsey and the half of the Janus key from the Storm. Then, using the Janus key and through the discovery of new Forerunner technology and sites, the Chief will eventually become reintegrated with some sort of Forerunner AI similar to Cortana. It may not be her exactly, but the way she was "created" and "died" leaves the possibility that she will return, and not just some "shade  AI" of her.

• Like 1

If we dewelve into Halo Lore, the books, and now Spartan OPs, Cortana will by all means be coming back. Cortana is a Foreruner AI running through the mind of Halsey. I believe Halo 5 will be about MC trying to get Halsey and the half of the Janus key from the Storm. Then, using the Janus key and through the discovery of new Forerunner technology and sites, the Chief will eventually become reintegrated with some sort of Forerunner AI similar to Cortana. It may not be her exactly, but the way she was "created" and "died" leaves the possibility that she will return, and not just some "shade  AI" of her.

Could you run by me about cortana being a forerunner AI, I forgot all about that last time a read about that was like 2 years ago. Whats all that about again?

I believe 343 has something in mind, something that will shock us but also please us, I'm looking forward to see what 343 does with the story. I do think Cortana will be back and I'm ok with that because we [really] don't know if she's dead or just lost so the story has a lot of different directions to go.

• Like 1

Could you run by me about cortana being a forerunner AI, I forgot all about that last time a read about that was like 2 years ago. Whats all that about again?

Basically: Cortana was "created" by Halsey underneath Castle base. She was tapping into Forerunner memory banks and using the knowledge (without understanding it) there in conjunction with UNSC AI programs and a replicated piece of her brain tissue.  So she created an AI that thinks similar to her, but with UNSC knowledge and processing power, in addition to an underlying Forerunner tech that is unlocked through contact with Forerunner tech. So in Reach when Halsey says something to the effect of "It's something that will tip the war in humanity's favor" when talking about Cortana, she believes that the super AI she created will help MC and humanity stop the Covenant attack on Earth, not knowing that Fortuna would accidentally use the Forerunner knowledge to send the pillar of Autumn during the random slip-space jump movement  to Halo during one of the jumps.

Regarding the E3 trailer, When chief sees the war sphinx he immediately looks at the chip, it's possible that it, the sphinx, is related to cortana's return, However it could represent how chief is "facing his humanity" which is "alien" to him, do you get what I mean?  :lol:

Also loss can be a great way to develop a character in fiction or reality so in the midst of her death chief grows. I dunno maybe I should do an analyses video or something.

I have a few questions for you.

1) Why would they keep her dead when she is SO important to the game and it's development?

2) How, and in what ways, did Halo 4 make you feel like you were playing a soap opera?

3) Why would they actually kill off EITHER Cortana or the Chief when you can't have any Halo related game (other than Reach) without them?

Now I have some statements to make.

1) Halo 4 is in NO WAY like Tron Legacy. Especially since Tron was all about a man creating a game, and then finding a way to transport himself into the game and then the game trying to escape and enslave humanity, or eradicate it. The only possible link you could make is the advancement in technology, and even then you could relate Halo 4 to thousands of other unrelated movies, games, books, etc. just on that concept.

2) Cortana already is in "any way" human as she was created using Forerunner technology AND a piece of doctor Halsey's brain tissue.

3) If you think of saying anything about O.D.S.T. stop in your tracks. That game was THE WORST of the Halo series to date and really was a waste of money. Maybe the ending made it possibly, to some minuscule degree, worth a dollar or two, but I'm not sure as I either did not finish the game or forgot the ending and before you ask, Yes, I do remember every ending to the other Halo games. The highlight of that game was the institution of silenced weapons and even then that wasn't all impressive or necessary, as you were always thrust into an endless onslaught of enemies who always knew you were there, even if they didn't know your exact location. Also, as far as I can remember it had NOTHING to do with ANYTHING that the Halo series is about.

I really hope they give us a jump scare and show at least the back of Chief's head. Maybe have his whole head visible but too dark to see anything. Idk they should save that for Halo 6, but come on I want to see him damn it!

Anyway I think Halo 4 delved more intimately into the story than the other games did. The Halo games 1-3 was more of a Space Opera/Epic, and Reach's story was solemn and doomed (in a good way), while Halo 4's story really explored the chemistry between Master Chief and Cortana like never before, and Chief's fight against an Enemy that can finally best him. For once we got to see through the hard outer shell of his armor and really view his emerging humanity.

Do we really need to discuss this? Halo 4 had one of the best campaign's ever. Does it really matter what 343 does? We don't have to complain about a wonderful game un-folding right in front of us. If Cortana comes back, she comes back. If she doesn't, good for her. I will love 343 the same, whatever choice they make.