when do you think destiny will come out?

I was wondering when is destiny going to come out so i  thought that it was going to come out in January but then I see a video and the commentator was thinking it is to come out in may or April so I don't know any more so I ask the question when do you think its going come out in 2014 :thumbsup:

Bungie usually plays things pretty close to the vest so it is unlikely that they will give a date for quite some time. However, it wouldn't surprise me if it was sooner rather than later. from the looks of the trailer, they have already done some beta testing and are nailing down the gameplay reality.

:chaingun:

If I had to guess I'd say October or November 2014. It just seems like a reasonable time to be done.

hmmm  that's a thought but I don't think bungie will do destiny that late as I am more think January or February march or April also halo 5 is most likely coming out late 2014 :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm gonna break this down with some logical thinking.  Activision is producing the game.  They ultimately will say when the game needs to be released.  That being said, late in the year is when they release their annual CoD game, and they are not going to want two games competing against each other.  With that in mind, I think a spring release is more likely.  April or May would be my guess.  But again, just logical thinking, and not all game companies, especially Activision, always think logically.

• Like 1

Bungie usually plays things pretty close to the vest so it is unlikely that they will give a date for quite some time. However, it wouldn't surprise me if it was sooner rather than later. from the looks of the trailer, they have already done some beta testing and are nailing down the gameplay reality.

:chaingun:

Deej did say in an interview they are still early in development, I did feel confused by that statement as destiny has been in the works for quite some time. But I don't know game development works in the sense of time it takes to actually start making the game, especially a game like destiny, the idea of destiny may have been around since 2009 but the actual creation of it may not have started untill 2010 or even 11. But as I said I don't know but a spring 2014 release seems to be where it's going.

hmmm  that's a thought but I don't think bungie will do destiny that late as I am more think January or February march or April also halo 5 is most likely coming out late 2014 :thumbsup:

But if Halo 5 and Destiny both came out at the same time it would be nice to see Bungie's Destiny up against 343's Halo 5. Oohhh, the irony xD

Found this in another thread I was updating:

-Reach's reveal to the public was on June 1 for E3 2009, a full year before it's release-

-ODST was first 

in 2008-

-Halo 3 was 

at 2006 E3-

-Halo 2 was revealed via 

in 2002-

-Halo CE was 

shown at Macworld way back in 1999-

All revealed, usually at E3, at least a year before an autumn release.

, Did some digging and found some more release dates worth throwing out there:

• Infinity:
    • October 15, 1996
  • Durandal:
    • November 24, 1995 (Macintosh)
    • September 6, 1996 (PC)
    • August 1, 2007 (XBLA even!)
  • Marathon:
    • December 21, 1994
  • Pathways Into Darkness:
    • August 1993

Personally I don't think Activision, as powerful as they may be, can throw enough weight around to shake Bungie from a Fall/Winter release.

Oni, as far as I know, was delayed because of Rockstar Games' involvement. It released for PS2 in March of 1997, and PC/Mac in January of the same year- much later than expected. I don't think Bungie had very much involvement in the development of Halo Wars at all, which released February 28, 2009.

They really love their Fall/Winter release window, however as of now we have no real leads.

• Like 2

I agree with those who feel a Beta may come this year. Bungie has already backed off of a release for this years Christmas season and thankfully Activision appears to have no problem with that decision considering it was in their signed contract. Bungie is determined to release a completely finished and tested game to it's fans. They had long been under pressure to release games early due to their previous game publisher and there current contract with Activision along with the release date change would signify Activision wants the same as Bungie does. I am happy to see this type of working relationship and I think anyone would have to admit that Bungie could release the game at any point they feel it is ready and will get the sales that Destiny rightfully deserves.

On a side note, a summer release could be just a profitable considering that many younger fans are entering the work place with summer jobs and have their own money, parents are looking for different ways to give their kids something fun to do for the summer and what better time to release when a vast majority of young gamer's will have an abundance of time for gaming during summer break.

• Like 3

On a side note, a summer release could be just a profitable considering that many younger fans are entering the work place with summer jobs and have their own money, parents are looking for different ways to give their kids something fun to do for the summer and what better time to release when a vast majority of young gamer's will have an abundance of time for gaming during summer break.

Ha! That's the complete opposite view of my parents. Their view is to get me to work more (which I'm fine with), and to make me work at home and at our cabin. The only reason I have more time to play games is because I  don't have homework. School for me turns into Summer work.

• Like 1

Ha! That's the complete opposite view of my parents. Their view is to get me to work more (which I'm fine with), and to make me work at home and at our cabin. The only reason I have more time to play games is because I  don't have homework. School for me turns into Summer work.

In our house the younger kids still are in bed by no later than 10:00 PM. We wake them all at 8:00 AM and take them on 2 to 3 mile long walk in the park with us every morning, weather permitting. It is required of them if they want to use the XBOX, watch TV or use electronics in the house.

• Like 1

In our house the younger kids still are in bed by no later than 10:00 PM. We wake them all at 8:00 AM and take them on 2 to 3 mile long walk in the park with us every morning, weather permitting. It is required of them if they want to use the XBOX, watch TV or use electronics in the house.

My parents hate it if I play my Xbox and the sun is up :(

I agree with those who feel a Beta may come this year. Bungie has already backed off of a release for this years Christmas season and thankfully Activision appears to have no problem with that decision considering it was in their signed contract. Bungie is determined to release a completely finished and tested game to it's fans. They had long been under pressure to release games early due to their previous game publisher and there current contract with Activision along with the release date change would signify Activision wants the same as Bungie does. I am happy to see this type of working relationship and I think anyone would have to admit that Bungie could release the game at any point they feel it is ready and will get the sales that Destiny rightfully deserves.

Good point about the summer release, I hadn't really thought about that. In the past their games have been primarily targeted for a much older audience. 

Betas I know nothing about but that also makes sense, especially with a summer launch.

And of course we know we both have the same attitude about the fruition of the game and final release date.

• Like 1