Tonight was my last night on Halo. Its been fun..

cwb

What I do not understand: If you do not enjoy Halo 4, why not go and play 3 or Reach or Wars? I know I can find games very easily on each of these playlists and enjoy them all.

I don't see why you play and bot enjoy it when you can play you enjoy and let us who like the game play it. Sometimes, it seems like people who do not like the game want to stop everyone from playing it. Heh, maybe I'm reading it wrong.

The thing is, it is a company that has had no experience making its own game, do you expect something of the refined quality that bungie gave after 10-20 years of making games? I was surprised by it.

And ask yourself this, if it was not packaged HALO 4, and was not affiliated with halo, would you complain then? Or do you not like the change? Did you actually enjoy the gameplay, forgetting 'being like Halo 3' and 'its too different'

What I do not understand: If you do not enjoy Halo 4, why not go and play 3 or Reach or Wars? I know I can find games very easily on each of these playlists and enjoy them all.

I don't see why you play and bot enjoy it when you can play you enjoy and let us who like the game play it. Sometimes, it seems like people who do not like the game want to stop everyone from playing it. Heh, maybe I'm reading it wrong.

The thing is, it is a company that has had no experience making its own game, do you expect something of the refined quality that bungie gave after 10-20 years of making games? I was surprised by it.

And ask yourself this, if it was not packaged HALO 4, and was not affiliated with halo, would you complain then? Or do you not like the change? Did you actually enjoy the gameplay, forgetting 'being like Halo 3' and 'its too different'

well i'd be playing halo 3 everyday if they fixed connections issues on that game..

But if were not able to complain about what we dislike how does the game improve? were trying to bring back this game to its former glory as being the best fps to date I'm sorry if people don't want that and are ok with watered down gameplay, Sure It might be fun but in all honestly This is not a game that should be a Triple AAA Xbox only game.

If the game was named anything But halo i'd have enjoyed it Like all the other c-d rated fps out there.  Halo has never been about Herp derp give everyone a broken unfinshed game then wait months and months for half assed updates.

They had people from halo working on this game heck If i was running this game i would have done a much better job then them because everyone who played all of the halos knew what to have in this game for it to be successfull, When making a game you appeal to all gamers Not 1 type, You don't fix features no one complained about. you don't make all the map packs before the game is out then sell them months at a time. Its common sense. And Do whatever you can to keep that game lasting for 3-5 years like halo 3 and 2 because then you can make money of them with dlc map packs.

Edited by TornadoFlame

With every new installment since CE there have been critics. It's the way of things. And I like it that each Halo is not like the previous one. My only contribution to this topic is keep evolving the game, but: 1. Keep it fresh and unique ; 2. Keep it from becoming CODish. There is nothing more insulting in my mind than Halo feeling like COD or outsourcing to a map making group that makes COD maps; 3. Weapon balance should be compared to Halo 3, which was ideal from a Halo perspective; 4. Stop limiting Forge and custom game functions. When all else fails it has been the Forge community that has kept Halo alive. Listen to our requests. Bring all vehicles /weapons/granades/back. I'm glad the br is back and the dmr, but our weapon options should be growing not diminishing; 5. Bring back the Flood, keep Promethians (I want Flood infected crawlers) Bring back Brutes, visit another halo ring. More Forerunners.

I also think slowing the dmr rof makes more sense than beefing up all other weapons. Having it take more shots not less is more like Halo and less like COD. I'm not one of the big critics of H4. I actually see it as a step above Reach and more similar in movement and jumping to H3. With Reach certain armor types were too OP while others were less. And they removed the BR. And despite the precision editing and zoom glitches, and the not always perfect magnet system the H4 Forge is still leagues ahead of Reach, as witnessed by the improvement with forged maps.

CV

I didn't care for Reach much and this game is worse. The dmr being able to 4 shot you across Vahallah really ruined the game. They should have left the dmr out of the game. Its to powerful at all ranges. That's the only weapon you can use to get kills and have fun.. The invis and ordnance drops didn't help the game at all. What happened to having to strategize with your team to get the sniper or rockets? Now its just the luck of the draw. Multi team isn't fun because the maps are to small. You kill someone and they spawn close enough to one shot you after u just killed the guy. I understand 343 are rookie at this but taking stuff from cod was not the route to go for a Halo game. I like Cod but sometimes I want a change and halo didn't change that only thing it changed was I was using a Spartan instead of a soldier.. You guys have fun. Ill go back to BO2 until the new Battlefield comes out. Oh, and btw 343 take out the kill cam.. That is the most worthless pos I have ever seen in a game. Did u guys even test it out before u released it? I have never seen that thing even close to accurate.

about the only thing i agree with you on is that they should have let COD do its own thing and have Halo do its own thing if i wanna play COD ill play cod not some screwed up Hybrid child
  • Like 1

I'm all for progressing the game so long as we don't use COD as our model. COD is destroying a generation of gamers. CV

i strongly beleive had cod been unpopular or never been around halo would be doing just fine and going in the right direction.

Everyone played halo cause it was the only game to offer so much now its just like every other watered down shooter only the name is halo.

• Like 1

I don't think it's too late. I'm not giving up on this game. It has so much potential to rise above the death pool created by COD. We need Halo more than ever before to take fps gaming to the next level. It would be nice if 343 let us play a H5 beta so as to get some community feedback. I played the Reach beta. Given the state of things that's probably a way to go to please the fan base. CV

One thing I'd like to see is more UNSC weapons, vehicles and technology influenced by Forerunners, Covenant, Promethean, etc. It's impossible to think we would not be influenced by these cultures. Esp if the USNC scientists are always studying it. There should be some results. CV

The dmr being able to 4 shot you across Vahallah really ruined the game. They should have left the dmr out of the game

the dmr is a good weapon which is the only weapon i can use. the weapon that should of been left out is the BR. around every corner is some guy with a br who manages to beat my dmr, playlist doesnt matter. plus the dmr was in reach

If you aren't enjoying it, there isn't a point playing

there are plenty of other games to play that are way worse or better. it all depends on how you play with it. like i could say i dislike minecraft because those nasty creepers sneak up on me and explode on me making me lose all my items that were not in a chest. i can also say i hate black ops 2 multiplayer because i either lag or my action for the kill such as melee didnt even register when the enemy killed me and the killcam shows that my melee didnt happen

Cod multiplayer was always the same from the first Cod game that had multiplayer. only difference is the cod developers add "new" things to make multiplayer seem fresh when its not. its the same old broken multiplayer it was

I'm happy for them to remove multiplayer entirely

amen to that Bacon. im not a multplayer addict like some players who are like "ill die without multiplayer" or "multiplayer is what makes the game awsome"...well you get the idea there. on halo 1 pc, i dont go join multiplayer matches, ill play a local match batteling the ai. if even halo 1 pc server's are taken offline, ill still continue to battle the ai locally

ps: im not trying to be a fanboy or a troll because no one likes those. im just stating things how they are and from what i know and seen

• weapons will get nerfed/changed/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. 343 gets final say on what gets changed. if you dont like it, theres always another game to try
  • again with point 1, the "if you dont like it..." part. instead of complaining about the game, just stop playing and go find something else to do
  • its amazing how much of a big deal can be made over a single feature of the game. if you dont like multiplayer or forge or some other game mode, then play then ones you like or look for another game

let me tell you this, will your reply actually change my mind or are you just trying to plug the plug into the outlet, pull it out, plug it in again, and repeat

• Like 1

When I compare to Halo 3 it is just for the fact that it seemed to work so well. I like that the game is progressing so long as it does not devolve into another COD hybrid. Advance the game, just keep it Halo. You will never please all the people all the time. That would be insane. CV

Halo 4 is NOTHING like COD. The added loadout and abilities are very shallow and does very little change to core feel. Drops does more, but the game is still very Halo compared to other games. If you feel like playing COD while playing Halo 4 I strongly suggest you actually try COD BEFORE you spout such nonsense.

• Like 1

Halo 4 is NOTHING like COD. The added loadout and abilities are very shallow and does very little change to core feel. Drops does more, but the game is still very Halo compared to other games. If you feel like playing COD while playing Halo 4 I strongly suggest you actually try COD BEFORE you spout such nonsense.

I have to agree at least you dont get helicopters minigunning down players who happen to be out in the open or RC bombs or artillery strikes etc these things are all integral features of any cod game and halo 4 has none of them.