To all the complainers. Be grateful.

BaconShelf

Now, I have seen a lot of hate for Halo 4 and 343 in general. I am not saying this is you, but I feel I should put my opinion out there. One sentence; be grateful for what you have.

Be grateful, that 343 clearly does care about this game and its community. They constantly release new playlists and updates they DIDN'T HAVE TO TO.

Be grateful that they released a new forge map , as per community request. And what's more? It was free! Again, they didnt have to!

Be grateful that they clearly put a lot of hard work into this game, with the CGI cutscenes, WEEKLY Spartan Ops missions and cinematics. Again, they could have just renewed firefight, but no. They took a shot in the dark that they could have avoided and gone the safe route with a tried and tested game mode. They did not have to do this either.

And think about this; people complain now about sprint, DMR, AA's and custom loadouts. Think of how many of those people would complain if they were removed, which 343 could have done. They did not HAVE to reintroduce the BR, or DMR. They did so because the fans wanted it.

Likewise, people complain how it isn't like Halo 2/3. If it were a reskin of those games, you would complain about going the 'CoD route' of not changing at all.

For the competitives, think that they did not HAVE to make CSR at all. They did it for the fans. They could have just left it at SR.

Be thankful that they nerfed the Boltshot and Guass turret, which they did not have to do, but did for the fans. For their feedback.

Finally, be grateful that this game exists at all. Bungie and Microsoft didnt have to create 343 Industries. They could have ended the franchise with Reach.

Many if you believe 343 only makes Halo now for the £££. But answer this; if they only cared about cash, why would they put millions into the production, advertisement and running of the game? Remember, they are a company, they still need to make a profit, just like any business. But you thinking that they only want money because YOU didn't like a paticular feature makes you (in my eyes) a very selfish person indeed. Think about the hard work, money and time that has gone into the game and think about this. Was this your rage, blaming people doing their jobs for one thing you didn't like? Or do you actually believe this? Because I bet 80% of people like this are simply in spur of the moment frustration.

As my final, overall point. Be happy you have a brilliant game, with years of effort put into it by a company that CARES about the fans. And about the game, the story, forge, online, SO and expanded universe. If they did not care, they would not recirve and act on feedback, nor ask for it in the first place.

Think about it. Be grateful, for what you have. Think of this post what you will, but i am sick, and tired of people complaining about a game with (what seems like) little to no forethought. Rant over.

Edited by BaconShelf
  • Like 3

There was aspects of the game and new features that I wasn't happy with right away. But, not many people like change right away. I loved the addition of AA's in Reach but, despised the removal of the BR(Never got used to that). I still enjoyed the game though. At first I didn't like have to earn being able to have certain weapons and equipment in my loud outs but, it gives you a sense of accomplishment when you earn things instead of them being handed to you. 

People will always complain when they don't get what they want and will always find things to complain about no matter how good a game is. Not everyone can be pleased and 343i is doing what they can to make the masses happy. At least they're doing what they can instead of sitting on their thumbs and laughing at the whiners complaining about the BS, Gauss, and no rank. Instead they nerfed those two and worked the @$$'$ off creating a CSR for every playlist and releasing THREE map packs in 5 months. When it took Bungie 3 YEARS!!! to release 4 map packs. 343i is doing their best to fill the enormous shoes left by Bungie and IMO they're doing a very good job. It may not have met everyone's expectations but, give them a break. If you got so much to complain about and that things need to be fixed go become a game dev and fix it yourself you selfish SOB!

If this game would have been more successful, you'd seen the map packs we got until now spread out for a much longer time Kasper. Also XBox just got about two years left at the the release day of this game, they can't have a three year release plan. I sometimes wonder how good online would have been if 343i/Ms decided to have two of the map packs released within the game for free. This was probably the original plan. Until devious milking plans came about.

If this game would have been more successful, you'd seen the map packs we got until now spread out for a much longer time Kasper. Also XBox just got about two years left at the the release day of this game, they can't have a three year release plan. I sometimes wonder how good online would have been if 343i/Ms decided to have two of the map packs released within the game for free. This was probably the original plan. Until devious milking plans came about.

The game has been successful. Look at the sales and the daily population of MM. Doesn't matter that they couldn't do a three year plan because of the time limit. The fact that they pumped out three map packs in 5 months shows they're trying to make consumers happy. And I'm sure there will be more map packs to come.

Daily population in Matchmaking..... lolz

On a weekend the most popular playlist is BTB, which occasionally hits 10,000... I've seen playlists with a massive 67 (yes SIXTY SEVEN) people playing in them.... It has fallen below a game released a YEAR before it in the activity charts!

Reach had it's issues, but Halo 4 blew all those issues out of the water with it's terribleness (multiplayer wise as I enjoyed the campaign) and that is the point.  Things were changed that didn't need changing, things were added that really didn't need adding but it was all done anyway..  

At the end of the day 343 are owned by Microsoft, Microsoft enjoy making money... Who has the final say in the game?  The makers or the owners of the makers?

• Like 1

The game has been successful. Look at the sales and the daily population of MM. Doesn't matter that they couldn't do a three year plan because of the time limit. The fact that they pumped out three map packs in 5 months shows they're trying to make consumers happy. And I'm sure there will be more map packs to come.

all those map packs were made before halo even came out if anything they should have been free on the disc.

I'm not thankful for this game at all what so ever, if I could return it right now for half the price I paid for it I would do so in a heart beat. I would have been happier if the series had ended with Reach if it wasn't for the fact that I wanted to know what would happen to The Chief after Halo 3. I grew extremely bored of Halo 4 fairly quickly, hell I didn't even get bored of Reach as fast as I did Halo 4. As a long time Halo fan it saddens me to say that Black Ops 2 has a far more enjoyable multiplayer and that I haven't touched Halo 4 since I bought it over a month ago.

Side note: Halo 4 was the single worst impulse buy I've made to date and I have no intention of buying another Halo game on impulse, if I ever purchase one again.

• Like 1

Why should anyone be grateful?

I didn't HAVE to kick my dog in the head this morning. Should he be grateful I did just because I had the option to not do it?

P.S. I didn't really kick my dog in the head, I love that dog.

Edited by FleshBack

What they need to do to make people happy is re release halo 3. Add a couple new weapons maybe a couple new weapons and only have it online. I would buy that and be happy. But 343 wants to be cod so bad it hurts there pride seeing this game fail..

Well. Either way, the endless turning friendly discussions into arguments about Halo 4/343 is really tiring. If nothing else, please don't turn EVERY SINGLE thread about it. Some of us enjoy the game. I happen to think 4 is the best game in the series.

@York. So... Not even for the story of 5?

@cwb I imagine a halo game would make 343 even more unpopular with the fans. A good portion of the fanbase (me included) buy almost exclusively for the story. Taking that away would t be a good idea. For a Halo 3 remake, they wouldn't add new things. Just update the graphics.

Grateful for what exactly?

They constantly release new playlists and updates they DIDN'T HAVE TO TO.

This is customary. It's also a basic reality of the digital age we live in, products need support nowadays. Machines can no longer be explained in a short class on modern engineering, they're complex and a lot of things can go wrong with them.

Failing to do this would have singled 343 out as an incredibly neglectful company.

Be grateful that they clearly put a lot of hard work into this game, with the CGI cutscenes, WEEKLY Spartan Ops missions and cinematics.

What's the difference between CGE cutscenes and cinematics?

The updating of Spartan Ops isn't too bad, I'll grant you that. Is it still really laggy when done via Matchmaking? I don't know because I haven't played Halo in awhile and I didn't play Spartan Ops when I did.

They did not HAVE to reintroduce the BR, or DMR. They did so because the fans wanted it.

...and what would they have done if they DIDN'T return the BR and/or DMR? I also don't personally complain about the return of either weapon, just the failure to balance them at all.

Likewise, people complain how it isn't like Halo 2/3. If it were a reskin of those games, you would complain about going the 'CoD route' of not changing at all.

I don't complain how it isn't like Halo 2/3, I complain that it learned nothing from either of those successful games, both of which were better in every way, if less modern. At the time of Halo 3 I thought Halo 2 was the weakest in the series. Then Reach came out and was worse, then Halo 4 came out and was somehow even worse.

Also, why should we be grateful for BAD changes?

For the competitives, think that they did not HAVE to make CSR at all. They did it for the fans.

6 months post release. I don't even care about CSR but I still think the people who wanted it got screwed.

Be thankful that they nerfed the Boltshot and Guass turret, which they did not have to do, but did for the fans. For their feedback.

I didn't really need them to nerf the Boltshot, and the programmed forgiveness of bad aim shows up in a lot more weapons than the Gauss Turret. Speaking of the Gauss Turret, how many are on Exile these days?

Finally, be grateful that this game exists at all. Bungie and Microsoft didnt have to create 343 Industries. They could have ended the franchise with Reach.

I wish they had.

Many if you believe 343 only makes Halo now for the £££. But answer this; if they only cared about cash, why would they put millions into the production, advertisement and running of the game? Remember, they are a company, they still need to make a profit, just like any business. But you thinking that they only want money because YOU didn't like a paticular feature makes you (in my eyes) a very selfish person indeed. Think about the hard work, money and time that has gone into the game and think about this. Was this your rage, blaming people doing their jobs for one thing you didn't like? Or do you actually believe this? Because I bet 80% of people like this are simply in spur of the moment frustration.

Psst, it takes millions to make a game in this weight class. That's just the cost of doing business.

If it costs millions to do a job but you make MORE millions in profit, that's just the business you're in. If it costs millions but makes you billions, it's an easy call if you have the money to invest.

My suggestions that 343 just wants cash come from the fact that Halo 4's success is entirely measured by its sales numbers. Its multiplayer was not nearly as good as it should have been and has declined quickly and consistently. It required a lot of work to make, I'm sure of that, but has very little creative energy invested in it. That shows me a studio who can make you what you tell them to make, but has little to offer of their own. They're sort of mercenary in that regard. They just took pieces from other games and compiled them together, subcontracting the job when it would save them time/money/effort. It's all very businesslike, which is fine, but not very creative or exciting, and it didn't produce a good game.

It DID produce a game that sold well. Given the carelessness evident in the rest of the product, clearly people have SOME evidence when they say 343 only cares about sales.

Be happy you have a brilliant game, with years of effort put into it by a company that CARES about the fans. And about the game, the story, forge, online, SO and expanded universe. If they did not care, they would not recirve and act on feedback, nor ask for it in the first place.

I would obviously dispute the "brilliance" of the game. I didn't like the story, I heard forge was very limited though I've never been a big forger, and the online multiplayer is where I've focused most of my criticisms.

They also take their time acting on fan feedback, and they don't actually demonstrate much affection or interest for us. They seem to me like a company pretending to be a Halo developer, but not at all fans of Halo.

As with other people who insist those of us with criticisms should just hush up and be grateful, I will respectfully do neither. The game isn't good, I am not grateful for it. The developer isn't good, I'm not grateful for them. They've shown very little knack or knowledge for this work, and they've definitely demonstrated no passion or prowess either.

Edited by Bloody Initiate
  • Like 2

Well. That's your opinion. I was mainly hoping to get people like those who say things because they want it. Not overall stuff like that.

As for online, I don't online play much anyway, but Guass (for me) has no noticeable difference.

I prefer Ops solo.

And I judge the game based on story, so I thought it was brilliant. It had plenty if character development and good plot, so I liked it. And the removals from forge I have been able to work around.

Either way, I think it's unfair for the flak they get, considering it is their first independent title. If Halo 5 is similar, then I can understand but they don't have experience at all.

Anyway, just rember that everyone else is sick of hearing the same thing. CSR, DMR, etcetera. When its just repeating what is said 1000 times before, it is annoying and that just adds to the heaps of topics. Especially I HATE 343 THEY DIDN'T PUT CSR IN GAME instead of a well worded post such as yours. In other words, this intended for caps lock ragers more than other people.