Halo RPG.

BaconShelf

So, after playing Fallout and Elder Scrolls and Dead Island recently, I have been thinking about a Halo Role-Playing Game.

My basic idea would be set on a planet under siege from covenant forces. Your character is an ODST dropped into the planet just as the UNSC bugs out. Your character, and all of those in-game, are unaware that your ODST battalion was dropped to make the aliens busy while the human ships pull out. Over the course of the game, you complete missions assigned by your original command but eventually get the choice to join insurrectionist or UNSC forces when you find out you were dropped on a purposeful suicide mission. You would also fight civies, Marine/ODST personnel and Rebels, depending on your choices as well as always enemy covenant.

There would be many clothes and armours available in-game. Including ODST, marine, riot and police armour. There could also be a UNSC base on planet that can give you training necessary to wear S-IV MJOLNIR GEN2 armour as well as civilian clothes etc.

Another possibility is Jul 'Mdama/other Sangheili commander 'recruiting' you into their forces, only to betray you later. Either way, your choices will affect wether the colony survives or is glassed.

Character creation would determine what your soldier looks like. Also, rank would be a part of the game and determine which areas and personnel you can go to or talk to etc. much like reputation in fallout.

Thoughts? I know I have been pretty vague, but this is a quick idea. Not a fully thought out one.

• Like 1

Would be a nice idea, but Halo, at it's core, is still Multplayer FPS, so creating something like this would be like a spin-off that probably won't get as many hits.

But DESTINY, though.......

In any case, RPG's aren't limited to video games, and so keep an eye out for that!

just to make you a bit sad there were a halo RPG in development several years ago but they canceled it for unknown reason,

but who know 343 may make a of trilogy game like ODST and halo wars but as an RPG

im correcting myself it was an halo MMORPG that was in production

Edited by skummgummigubbe

good idea but I was hoping if they did make a halo rpg I was hoping that when u have different classes to choose from and every one of there classes ability missions etc unique to them for example u could play as

a sparten

a odst

a marine

a elite

oni scientist maybe?

that's all  I can think of right now

• Like 1

I love RPG's, and a Halo one would be awesome, the only problem is, the chances of it happening are very slim.

But disregarding that, this Idea could hold some merit if you extended it. I happen to know my way around Table top RPG's, and I could easily see this one either being a story for an existing system, or possibly a stand alone system in itself.

The story would need more expansion though.

• Like 1

I can see there being a Halo RPG after the Reclaimer trilogy is completed. But for now, I will stick with the RPG we have been given.

I'm speaking of the Rocket Propelled Grenade launcher, of course. Getting that 50 in Action Sack--that's Rockets 'n Rails for you.

Would be a nice idea, but Halo, at it's core, is still Multplayer FPS, so creating something like this would be like a spin-off that probably won't get as many hits.

In my opinion he nailed it It might be possible but its like making a flamethrower from paper it would most likely explode in a fireball. Honestly i love the idea it just doesn't feel right to me

• Like 2

same here wildfireC and caboose. i love the idea and i wouldn't mind it either. i definitely like the options caboose pointed out, elite, spartan, ODST etc... i actually here'd that 343 was considering of making a game which is halo but it was a game like TOR where you are a marine that if you make the right choices you can be an ODST or you can start as a like a spartan or something. and it would actually be more like WOW. being a spartan, marine, ODST or someone like that as the alliance type of people. or being an elite, jackal, grunt, hunter or another covenant like the horde. and there are all sorts of classes. i'd play that. so i just wanted to point that out

Actually, what I would do is create a story in which you are and ODST (Legendary/Heroic mode) or Spartan (Normal/Easy mode), with the story revolving around characters of scientists, ONI teams, etc. And less about fighting.

If it's a role playing game, it needs to be ingrained in the story, yet allow sandbox ways to play it.

• 5 weeks later...