Revolver Pistol for Halo 5?

I have been thinking about new ideas for halo 5 over the past few days and I think they should have a Promethean/UNSC/Covenant revolver. It could act like the 44 Magnum. I would make it extremely powerful yet easily portable.

Hell yes, and i can think how all 3 might work, UNSC, a standard magnum like our mdern one, but obviously more powerful, or have it an even smaller Railgun slug (both 3 hit kills), Covie, Simply overarched plasma that is (a 3 hit kill) and as for the Pro one, a single shot from the rebound (after intial inpact of the Four things) of the Incineration Cannon

• Like 1

I know Im gonna get rained on for this... But revolvers are obsolete technology in our time, let alone 510 years in the future. As an alien weapon such as the Mauler it is cool, but the UNSC is using better weapon systems. Thats why all the rifles (minus sniper) are bullpup. We have the two magnum models; the Auto mag and the M6D varient which were both badass. Do we need a UNSC revolver which will either be super powerful slow reload (replacing the awesome M6 series) or just retextured pistol with a revolving chamber. Im all for an alien varient though! The mauler was Awesome!

• Like 3

Please don't swear as much. It could, and would most likely work as an alien weapon.

In a less harsh tone, I agree. Revolvers are not needed now, especially so 500 years in the future. The only revolvers they have then would be collectors items, most likely. They're impractical for military service when you can have an automag.

• Like 2

the magnum is a .50 cal pistol. Any bigger than that and you don't have a pistol anymore. How about replacing the boltshot with a 4 shot promeathan pistol that kills in 3 shots, with the magnum firecap, and no headshot bonus.

that would be a cool idea. i'd like it

I liked the mauler in Halo 3 better. And besides people, this is like 2500+ in years than we are in now...(2013), why need revolvers? we can have more Hi tech stuff but still,  wouldnt mind them in the game. Im just saying to have something so old tand been around for ages feels a bit weird to have in the VERY far future

In the aspect of a revolver existing y have any of the UNSC guns? Cause there are better ways, develop plasma weapons, more guns like the Railgun or Spartan Laser, see my point, and revolvers pack more of a punch compared to other handguns cause they can hold larger bullets

And less Ammo/clip, incredibly slow reload times, slow ROF and accuracy. The UNSC use bullets because Spartan Lasers cost too much to outfit every soldier with them, nor are they good for infantry combat.

Plasma tech is a complete mystery to scientists in-lore. They cannot make plasma guns.

Railguns require a charge up and cannot be put fully automatic.

In short- anything other that bullets are impossible/ unfeasible to do.