Halo 5: Hornet or Falcon?

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you rather have return in Halo 5?

• Hornet
    • Falcon

Sup, Spark.

I'd rather have the Falcon because it was so much more balanced in multiplayer. The fact that the pilot didn't control any weapons made it so that he had to position himself to benefit the gunners; this promotes a lot of teamwork. It would be nice to have the Reach Campaign Falcon variant, which gives the pilot a nice little machine gun. Also needed is an afterburner so a skilled pilot can splatter people and evade Banshee bombs. And let's face it; so many classic fails ended with someone getting sucked through the propeller.

For the sake of what's used from Halo 3 onward I'd have to say hornet. And personally I like them better :). Sure the falcon has the turrets on the side, but hornets look cooler imo. Falcon gameplay is better with the altitude control etc though.

But if 343 finished Halo 5 and there's enough coding to allow it they could put both in there.

Although we could have two gunner seats on a newer hornet design used in Halo 5. It's a nice possibility.

• Like 1

Hornet is a good light transport but the Falcon is the equivalent of the Sky Warthog; it's much faster, promotes teamwork, and handled better.  The hornet's ability to hover was cool, but it would never beat a banshee in a straight up fight.  Now that 343 is bringing back power vehicles, I'd like to see the missile hornet.  

If I had to pick, I'd pick Falcon because I had more fun piloting it, but the two vehicles are really in a separate class so I see no reason not to have both.  

i liked the balanced multiplayer for the falcon it was great but my friend never had live when i played with him at least every weekend so i couldn't attack him in it. i prefer hornet because of the hover feel and the rockets, i do think it should have had turrets on the sides as well. oh and if they put falcons in again they need to have two different types of fit like in campaign. they had the normal machine gun turrets and the grenade launcher turrets. i think they should put in a grenade launcher type too for multiplayer 

Either a better looking Falcon or a Hornet which 1. Don't have rockets except on like 1 map (Like with snow warthogs) and 2. Turrets over heat and exist only for the passengers.

So yeah, a Falcon. It let people evade locked on Banshee bombs if the pilot was good, flew at a high top speed, and it's turret is actually very powerful with good teammates. I loved it; it was both very useful and very fun to use. I loved killing teammates with the rotor blades.

My main issue would be for people to fall off the roof less.

I dont know which one.... Umm if it was Hornet probably but if it was the campaign falcon with that machine gun thing I would go with machine gun but honestly I dont know.... Sorry but Im just gonna have to go with....Falcon....or even better the Hawk from Halo Wars or else hav all 3 of them :D

Both, If this ends up on 720 or whatever the next gen system is, then I'm sure it can handle alot more then this gen xbox, so just throw both of them in there. Falcon I see would be use more online for matchmaking, but have them both for options in custom games/forge!

• 2 years later...

As i agree with everyone view point, i still say falcon but not the multiplayer falcon, the campaign falcon, reason being is you could have two gunners, three passengers, and the driver. This would make game modes such as king of the hill, territories, capture the flag, and assault much more interesting. it would also require allot of team work and coordination. Think of it. you drop a three man team into an enemy base they have to run through defending players whether its a flag a bomb or a capture point and grab it. it makes for faster battles, more team work, more strategy, like what guns that 3 man team will have, which one will grab the objective, who will try and defend the falcon from ground fire. Where as the falcon is what it was classified as, which is a transport ship, now say you add in the hornet or hawk they are mainly gunships with their load outs which could be used to A. take out an attacking falcon, defend the falcon from ground fire or another hornet or banshee or just cause complete chaos. because lets face it thats what gunships do they either go for an hvt or cause havoc or defend transport vehicles.i do agree with having both but i see a higher viability coming from the falcon in objective game modes. now if its going for lets see who can decimate who, by all means go for the hornet or hawk, you will get much more kills in a shorter period of time. but that also means if they bring back an "invasion type game play they should also have the equivalent for the covenant, lets face it unless you got lucky and had good gunners, the falcon was an easy triple kill for a unskilled banshee pilot. if you have anything to add or anything to argue with on points feel free.