Binary Rifle Flaw

Velganice

Why would a highly advanced civilization incorporate a design flaw into a weapon that shows exactly where the shooter is aiming? Aside from gameplay reasons, if this part of the Binary Rifle operation is canon then wtf?

it is mostley for gameplay reasons becase it is a very powefull wepon so thye made the red dots on it so players could see the sniper

It may not be canon BUT the binary rifle was meant to be used against flood. The infected are quite simple minded and the laser does not help them in any way. Also when your allies see where you are aiming it reduces friendly fire. So it isn't so weird after all and as it has been said it is like that because gameplay reasons

I wonder if the OP has noticed the distinct trail left by the beam rifle and sniper rifle when they fire that would surely get any real sniper spotted and killed every time they took a shot.

...Or the fact that the "Assault Rifle" is really just a very large Tec9, which isn't to say large caliber, it's just a Tec9 in a larger gun-shaped box.

...Or the lack of sights of any kind on said assault rifle...

...Or the presence of dual-wielding in previous titles being completely out of line with reality...

...Or the UNSC and Covenant's fondness for generally less accurate weapons....

...Or the peculiar capacity of Halo weapons to deal their full damage no matter how far the projectile has traveled, never losing any velocity or force...

...Or the critical design flaw in the Scorpion tank that allows people to simply shoot the operator in the face...

...Or the Halo protagonists' general limited flexibility that keeps them from going prone...

...Or... I'll stop now.

Edited by Bloody Initiate
  • Like 1

When I first saw this, I thought it was about how massive the reticle was without a scope. The hilarious part is I used no-scope it to kill a Knight who stupidly decided to teleport right in front of me on Spartan Ops.

But yeah, like everyone said, balancing. It's a sniper that is always a OHK with a body shot, it needs that laser to keep the balance.

Would you rather have Active Camo snipers with AA efficiency moving through the map with a sniper rifle that can pass through multiple players, killing all of them instantly regardless of where it hits them? The laser is the only thing keeping the Binary from being an undetectable god of a weapon.