Precision Editing!

Forge Features  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Miss Anything in Forge?

• Yea I do!
    • Nope don't care!
    • Some things...

Man I really miss some features about Forge! 

Like precision editing! Now I have to use Coordinates!

And also the zoom ability while in Forge mode. I know it's not much but at least I could view things from afar!

It's sooo sad to see some of these features gone!

What do you miss?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do not like how you have to be a certain distance from an object to hold it. You can not get close to a col. wall and grab it because it will shoot you back 20 feet. I wish the controls felt more like halo reach with the additional updates such as the highlighting and duplication/magnets.

• Like 1

Man I really miss some features about Forge! 

Like precision editing! Now I have to use Coordinates!

And also the zoom ability while in Forge mode. I know it's not much but at least I could view things from afar!

It's sooo sad to see some of these features gone!

What do you miss?

I think precision editing introduced with Reach as well as the zoom feature used while holding objects (we can zoom when not holding objects? WTH) are the only two things that are missing with this forge, which sucks. Precision editing would be great with those instances when coordinates are too bulky and the magnets just won't help; zoom works when the Forge pushes the monitor far out, such as with forging in tight spaces, and the two functions combined made forging much better as well. 

343i could easily put up an update with Forge patches included--it is not unheard of. In fact, they could include other suggested updates in the patch suggested by myself and other Forgers in these forums--but I don't really expect it--they have yet to connect the XBL Halo 4 fileshare with the 343i accounts. That would be a nice thing to have too. WTH is the hold up 343i? Battlefield 3 uploads major patches every time it releases a new map pack.

This Forge is much better in many regards, aside from these two issues, and the recycling of objects from Reach, which annoys me. You would think by now that the Forge would include all the vast improvements it is capable of--improvements that the community have been requesting for years.

CV

I think precision editing introduced with Reach as well as the zoom feature used while holding objects (we can zoom when not holding objects? WTH) are the only two things that are missing with this forge, which sucks. Precision editing would be great with those instances when coordinates are too bulky and the magnets just won't help; zoom works when the Forge pushes the monitor far out, such as with forging in tight spaces, and the two functions combined made forging much better as well. 

343i could easily put up an update with Forge patches included--it is not unheard of. In fact, they could include other suggested updates in the patch suggested by myself and other Forgers in these forums--but I don't really expect it--they have yet to connect the XBL Halo 4 fileshare with the 343i accounts. That would be a nice thing to have too. WTH is the hold up 343i? Battlefield 3 uploads major patches every time it releases a new map pack.

This Forge is much better in many regards, aside from these two issues, and the recycling of objects from Reach, which annoys me. You would think by now that the Forge would include all the vast improvements it is capable of--improvements that the community have been requesting for years.

CV

Exactly! But I'm still bummed that they're not in Halo 4.

• Like 1

Exactly! But I'm still bummed that they're not in Halo 4.

Me too, but like I said, it is not impossible to think that 343i can't patch this in in a future update. Battlefield 3 does some major patches with updates to it's online multiplayer experience all the time based on community feedback. CV

I'm gonna be honest here, I didn't even know precision editing mode existed until everyone started complaining about it being gone in Halo 4 and even then I didn't know how it worked.

In Reach it was a great way to align objects more precisely if the coordinates or basic aligning methods failed to make it work. I think 343 falsely thought that magnets would do the trick, but as someone who spends at lesat half of my Halo experience in the Forge, precision editing gives you that seemless connection with merged objects where magnets fail. Magnets are great when aligning objects where the magnets meet, but it is not always perfect and sometimes downright frustrating. This is where precision editing comes into play. Additionally, the zoom feature should be brought back. There are times when you are editing maps in tight spaces and the Forge program will push the monitor far out or simply at a bad angle, and being able to zoom while holding the object made this problem less annoying.

CV

There isn't too much I miss from Reach's Forge. I would like some upgraded gametypes, though.

Also, there is a way to do something very similar to precision editing.

I know you can adjust the monitor's angle to slow down movements, but it is not really the same. Still, while frustrating, the lack of precision editing/zoom does not stop me from forging my maps the way I want to. CV