New Armor Ability - Horn

HaloWithStyle

I've been thinking about what abilities could be added to Halo5 that would feel new and fresh... 

One interesting idea I had was Horn, when acitivated it would emit a loud horn type noise that would be used to frighten and confuse the enemy.

For example you could be hiding around a corner and when someone from the other team runs past without noticing you you could sound your Horn giving him a hell of a fright then while he's spinning around in all directions trying to find the source of the Horn you can sneak up and assasinate him from behind.

Perhaps steam could issue from the joints in your armor while the Horn in sounding to give it extra effect?

Discuss.

• Like 1

I like how your trying to bring new ideas for armor abilities, but I just don't see this bring practical for multiplayer. Someone could just turn off their game audio and this ability would be useless. I can kinda understand how this can be implemented in Campaign or Spartan Ops with some kind of noise that would confuse the enemy AI controlled unites. 

Like it!

If it's to under powered:

You could make the targeted person get slowed down, just like after you get hijacked.

And/or

The screen blurs out and shakes like in halo 3 when the gravemind starts to get inside your head.

For this not to get to over powered:

You will have to make the AA only work at really close range,

and/or

Have a sertain chanse to work like 2/3 chanse that it affects the enemies, which makes the user unsure if it worked and therefore making it a more difficult assasination cheat.

That sounds pretty cool. But there are some flaws with that usually you dont turn around in game everytime something explodes so this may just give up your position.  Second, for some playlists it may be prettty weird to have it like CTF because it ells them your coming you know?

I'm one of those troll assassinations. any ways it's an OK idea but not too great. and i know you just said it was a jk. any ways if it would become an armor ability then one adjustment is it could send a shock wave shaking the screen if hit. and two maybe it could be something like a gravity hammer strike. just some thoughts.

• 3 months later...