Survive 2 sticks in a warthog with this loadout!

Chris Hansen

Primary weapon: Doesn't matter (DMR most likely since it's big team)

Secondary weapon: Plasma pistol

Grenades: Plasma grenades

Armor ability: really doesn't matter for this, whatever you want

Here is where the actual build is made:

Tactical Package: Wheelman

Support Package: Explosives

Explanation: I haven't heard anyone try this combo so I gave it a shot the other day. It makes your vehicle MUCH tougher.

In a warthog you can take two plasma grenades and not be destroyed, which was utterly shocking to me so I tested a couple more times and sure enough, if you get stuck anywhere not right next to your driver seat you will survive two sticks.

In a ghost you can take 3 Gauss shots, up from two and small arm fire does much less damage.

The banshee is also much tougher with this on, I've used it a couple of times with this load-out on exile and it seems like it can take much more DMR fire without degrading. I didn't get stuck in the banshee so I'm not sure if you can take more then two direct sticks but I think you can.

In the scorpion tank, I felt like I was almost twice as tough as compared to not using Wheelman and explosives. Taking grenades like they were nothing and shrugging off most damage besides the biggest things hitting me. Normally it's pretty easy to demolish the tank with just a couple of plasma grenades and a plasma pistol.

Anyway I saw such a drastic improvement in my vehicles longevity that I felt compelled to come post about it. Wheelman + explosives (it reduces grenade damage you take by about 10% people report) but I suspect it reduces ALL explosive damage on you.

• Like 5

Thanks, yeah, it's usefulness is only in big team battle. It actually makes using things like the ghost viable.

I wouldn't say only btb. Operator was actually the first specialization I used, and have done this since I got it, and it's actually REALLY helpful in capture the flag as well. When you get your flag carrier and gunner in your warthog, you almost always get your point, the rest just depends upon if your flag carrier can get the flag and get back to the warthog.

After a full day of playing with this set up, I've survived some truly outlandish things. My favorite moment was taking 4 rockets in the scorpion tank, and then a plasma grenade before a second grenade finished me. The rockets were staggered of course, but they were all direct hits. but usually a tank can only take maybe 3 rockets total before it's destroyed? I think when I have a friend on later I'm going to test in a custom game exactly the difference with not having the set up, to only having wheelman, and then wheelman + explosives.

• Like 1