why do all u haters keep playing??

paulic83

I understand u hate the game but a lot of the changes u want are not gonna get done so why dont you go back and play reach or 3 which ever it is u like I would not put myself through the torture you lot seem to be enduring. Fact is I think a lot of you made your minds up before the game released!! Sure there are problems but nothing major that ruins the game, if u think otherwise why do you play?? I used to play gears of war 3 and its the exact same thing they all moan and fill the forums with how much they miss " the good old days" of gears 1 but yet there they were week in week out moaning about how they hate it!!

• Like 1

I couldnt agree with you more, Gears 3 is very alike to Halo 4 at the moment, its put the franchise on hold for a lot of people, Halo 4 like Gears 3 was a step too far for a lot of people, whilst either game doesnt have that much wrong with it, its enough of a change to make a lot of fans leave/moan.

Lets hope Gears of War Judgement rekindles the fire for the Gears franchise and the Halo 2 Reboot (you know its coming, especially due to the fact Halo 4 has not set the community alight) rekindle the love for Halo

Nice OP

I understand u hate the game but a lot of the changes u want are not gonna get done so why dont you go back and play reach or 3 which ever it is u like I would not put myself through the torture you lot seem to be enduring. Fact is I think a lot of you made your minds up before the game released!! Sure there are problems but nothing major that ruins the game, if u think otherwise why do you play?? I used to play gears of war 3 and its the exact same thing they all moan and fill the forums with how much they miss " the good old days" of gears 1 but yet there they were week in week out moaning about how they hate it!!

gears 1 compared to gears 3 is not the same as halo 2 3 to halo 4. 

Gears 1 is the same game as gears 3 to me. Gears didn't decide to go and  copy other things from other franchises like halo 4 did. When i first played halo 4 i was Wowed i mean the Br is back my shots registering To me it was a good game But slowly i started seeing the things that made me dislike what happened to my halo game. the first was how halo 4 just forced us to play there style there was no wait to disable some of these broken features they didn't seem to test before hand. The boltshot was a Op people, Half the AA were OP or annoying. I used to play halo because no other xbox game was like it. It was the only xbox Exclusive out there that gave me the kinda gameplay i wanted. i remenber because a bad kid in halo 3 and Working for my 50 and getting good. Now I wish they would have changed the name of this game and i might enjoy it more, This does not deserve to be called halo. Without the charater models, weapon and enemy models. i honestly wouldn't be able to tell what game i was playing, i'd probably think of a cod with sheilds or another watered down shooter.

It sucks when you exspected halo to just be halo and you get a completely different product. File share wasn't out day 1. Popular halo playlist weren't added till about 4months in and some haven't yet made it *multi team*. Theres more bad then good for me. Instant respawn was not ment for halo and doesn't work. Loadouts do not work for halo either Just look at the DMR.  They even came out and said they made mistakes i mean they admit there game isn't that great LOL.  from 450k on midnight down to at times 20k on the day i mean come on a triple AAA xbox exclusive down to this?

I have been so to say "hating" because i want this game to be halo i want it to be the best game ever not because i'm randomly trollen and i have no idea what i'm talking about.

i didn't exspect a halo 3.5 when playing but i just wanted A halo game that brought the casual there thing and competetive there thing and all we got was a Cod like casual shooter that untill 2 weeks ago is trying to bring back competetive to this game.

people say Oh halo needed to be mordernized now it needed to be fast paced to catch up with other games. Um no. reason we played halo cause it was different then any other game around and now thats gone. I feel like i'm play every other shooter out there now and it sucks that my favorite game has sunk so low as to Give up being its own game and just Play it safe so to say copy other games features and release it.  It might have sold well but had those people who bough halo 4 knew what they were buying, i bet this game wouldn't have sold over 2million copys. if people had known what they were buying i know i would have just gameflyed this and not bought this. Heck by december halo 4 was 30 dollars. Halo 3 never hit that untill 2-3 years after it LOL.

i can probably write a book on whats changed in halo and how each feature has killed this game But this is short and quick.

Edited by TornadoFlame
  • Like 1

They couldnt just keep refining the same formula again and again, i'm glad they took a punt and altered a few things, and im sure im not the only 1 fair enough they got somethings wrong but they got a lot right too! Reach was more like a 3.5 than a sequal we didnt need another!! true gears fans will tell u different I personally liked gears 3 till turbo pads and corner campers ruined it, but the hardcore fanbase cant stand it its pretty different to the 1st game I tell u!!!

They couldnt just keep refining the same formula again and again, i'm glad they took a punt and altered a few things, and im sure im not the only 1 fair enough they got somethings wrong but they got a lot right too! Reach was more like a 3.5 than a sequal we didnt need another!! true gears fans will tell u different I personally liked gears 3 till turbo pads and corner campers ruined it, but the hardcore fanbase cant stand it its pretty different to the 1st game I tell u!!!

look at call of duty they have done the same thing over and over and they are a very successfull franchise there much more successfull then halo now. Reach was no where like halo 3. I'd be ok if they changed it little by little but they changed the entire game.  I can't seem to find anything right with the matchmaking Unless you just like to go in there shoot up people for 15minutes and on to the next fight, No talking no nothing Yeah really fun. Gears was a good game They did there core they didn't have instant respawn or add loadouts and all that crap because it wouldn't belong in a gears game Just like halo 4.

Edited by TornadoFlame

Call of duty is just the same rehash over and over if people want to keep buyin that let them, see the changes were always gonna be an issue no matter what they where there were some huge changes but not to a point were I dont recognise the game it still feels like halo! Maybe the ordances can be unfair, there are a few balance issues and to be honest over all the maps arnt quite as good as old 1s but I still find myself drawn to it!! The fact call of duty does so well is a the direct reason halo maybe didnt do as well as u all seem to think it should though selling 5 million or so I would hardly say is a falure, halo 3 came out before the big call of duty craze took over, where as 4 got released the week before a COD game so in direct competion with it!

I know, I'm sick of people who complain and own the game constantly trying to tell everyone how much it stinks or is terrible in their opinion. If they hate it so much then don't play.

i never said i hated the game. i'm dissappionted what 343 did with my beloved franchise i can still give feedback for a game i payed 60 dollars for. Mommie and daddy didn't buy it for me so i didn't get a free game or i'd be happy.

Call of duty is just the same rehash over and over if people want to keep buyin that let them, see the changes were always gonna be an issue no matter what they where there were some huge changes but not to a point were I dont recognise the game it still feels like halo! Maybe the ordances can be unfair, there are a few balance issues and to be honest over all the maps arnt quite as good as old 1s but I still find myself drawn to it!! The fact call of duty does so well is a the direct reason halo maybe didnt do as well as u all seem to think it should though selling 5 million or so I would hardly say is a falure, halo 3 came out before the big call of duty craze took over, where as 4 got released the week before a COD game so in direct competion with it!

Call of duty Just changes enough to make it successfull. Thats what halo should have done.  Halo 3 managed 100k players online With Cod Mw 2 Out. Cod mw was out and halo made it look silly because it was halo it was different By Making it similar to other shooters you just lost all of what made halo halo.

the 5million people who bought it bough it for the sake of it being halo.. I Know me and my 30 friends who bough it midnight release bough it because it was halo. But after 1month everyone had already moved on to Cod or other games.

Do u not realise COD took a lot the players from halo after 3 cod 4 was what it was all about far easier to get into it doesnt need to change people go out and buy it regardless, now there isnt anyw!ere near the amount of balancing issues with halo as COD has had MW2 being the worst by far!

it is easy becase in every game there will always be haters saying this posting that and when a sequel comes out they post this and say that for exaple

343 makes halo 5 alot more like halo 3 but then peaple would say and post

this game is ***** it unoringal and just halo 3 all over agin just like cod does

or 343 changes then game a bit more adding new ideas and stuff to halo 5  peaple would say and post

i miss the old days of halo 3 it was so good but this game has no true skill no this no  that

so to recape there will always be haters

"I would not put myself through the torture you lot seem to be enduring."

This is my favorite thing ever.

Edited by LiQuid BioniX
  • Like 1

one reason noobs love it they just hate when there weapons are use against them that's the truth of the mattherus that noobs loovve to camp and spawn kill and that's why we have complains up here 

Complain fair enough but the way u all go on and u are 1 of them I seen a post of yours a few weeks back its not constructive its just moaning about how you all hate it!! Caboose you hit it right on the head it was always gonna upset people no matter what they did I personally love it!

BEFORE they released some of their larger updates I was still playing the game. I understood that things take time to fix and that 343 are real people working at a real company with real projects and other deadlines. I don't understand much about the industry, so I tend to be pretty patient when waiting for fixes.

AFTER some of these larger updates which have already taken place, I'm just disgusted anymore. I know enough about the industry to know that when you update the maps in matchmaking, you can update the maps in matchmaking. I'm not a single-issue critic, but do it long enough and you start seeing canaries.

"IF 343 cannot figure out that ______ issue is a very serious problem as well as a stupid problem to have, and they demonstrate this by failing to _________ (update or correct the issue), then chances are they will NEVER correct ________ issue or if they do it will be long after you're sick to death of playing a game with ________ issue."

Or the abridged version:

"If 343 doesn't fix this **** I'm outta here."

Followed by:

"343 didn't fix this **** when they did a bunch of other 'fixes' in a similar vein, I'm outta here."

So I haven't been playing Halo 4 lately, and after I've played the game I'm playing right now to death, I don't foresee checking in on Halo 4. I don't declare this often because I don't really see one person playing the game as relevant, and this isn't a "I quit 343 YOUR LOSS" type of post, it's just in response to the OP's questions.

I've even refrained from correcting someone recently when they said the DMR was 4-shots to kill (Someone else said the same about the BR), because I haven't been playing the game, there HAS been an update, and I know better than to talk about something I might no longer know about. A couple weeks ago when I was playing they were both still 5-shot, but I didn't correct anyone because my info may be outdated.

I actually knew almost nothing about Halo 4 before I got it. This is not a good purchasing practice, and I recognize that. It's very different from my normal approach (Which is to do a LOT of research before getting game). Lately I've been working full time consistently (Which is a good thing) but have found less and less of my free time available for things like game research and gaming in general (I'm even supposed to be working right now).

When I first got it I was pleased, I first played through Spartan Ops with a friend and then couldn't get on for another week or two due to work. When I finally did get back on, I was excited about things like the BR returning (Immediately I put it in my mid-range loadout) and I enjoyed the "faster" features of the game.

As other people have said though, over time I started hearing or experiencing things that made me curious. It's important to note the combination of "hearing" AND "experiencing" because whether or not people told me about problems with the game I was discovering them.

I hated killcams the moment I discovered the game had them. I hate them still.

I flat out didn't believe my friend when he told me the BR was 5-shots and that it killed slower than the DMR. It wasn't until my horrified tests in forge that I accepted the fact as a fact.

I felt like my shields were taking a long time to return, but I couldn't confirm it in-game. I'm the type of person that wants proof before I make a statement. (I also thought the turrets on the warthog turned slower in this game, turns out they turn just as fast as they did in Reach which is faster than they turned in Halo 3. Things like that keep me from making a lot of unconfirmed claims.)

I also noticed how wherever your were on the Halo 4 maps you had a good chance of getting pincer'd. That is you had a good chance of getting flanked and shot from multiple angles, but not due to the enemy's superior plays, just due to how the maps were designed.

I didn't even realize there was only one Gauss on Exile for a while. BTB games can be so chaotic for a random, especially when the map first opens, that you don't know what's gone on on most of the map. I remember I had a pretty good random driver who got me 24-25ish kills before we got taken down, and I just thought the enemy Gauss had been taken out. I never occurred to me that they'd place just one Gauss on that map, because that's absolutely insane. No one would be that stupid. Later of course I found that someone WOULD be that stupid, and that someone works at 343.

Over time you notice the flaws, and in my case I tried to just accept a lot of them. I complain about how bad the maps are, but I know for sure that those are the maps we're stuck with for the rest of Halo 4. You just can't change the maps; if the game shipped with them, you're stuck with them. You can add new ones, but you can't ever make meaningful changes to the old ones.

Some flaws are unacceptable though, and that's what got me on these forums. As you play, more flaws become unacceptable not because their actual impact on the game has changed (Although that DOES happen, now that everyone knows Exile is completely imbalanced even randoms know how to capitalize on spawning blue team), but they become unacceptable because they haven't been fixed yet.

There is no excuse for failing to re-balance a map when you've successfully added new ones and edited others. Almost every update they release has the chance to fix the 6 second shield recharge delay, yet not one of them does. Things like the DMR being the king of all the other guns might take a bigger patch, and I've long-since accepted that. Other flaws are just painful to keep seeing after they've released so many other updates that could have fixed these things. Why don't the killcams work yet? I hate the killcams and I'd be happy if they just didn't work at all, but why half-ass it?

I still check in on here and post critiques because the basic failures of Halo 4 have not and will not change. They spent a lot of effort imitating another game, that failure will not change, it's history now. They shipped a game with enormous flaws and failed to fix them before I stopped playing the game, that fact will not change.

I can be "a hater" all I like whenever you do something so catastrophically stupid that its ripples are felt for years, and that's what 343 did with Halo 4.

I will continue to criticize 343's failures until we see proof they've learned their lesson. You don't get a break until you redeem yourself, otherwise no one would ever change. I know this isn't their official site, but it IS a site of official fans like myself and some of the other harsher critics of the game. We want it to work, we want 343 to do well, but they are not doing well, and so I show up here and on waypoint to make that known.

The mistakes of Halo 4 should never be forgotten, otherwise we'll just take the "4" out of that statement and have a cautionary note in gaming history.

........................eh? U be a hater all u want sunshine!!! Half of this last post is jiberish, u sit there and let your blood boil over a game u dont intend to play again:-/!! The fact is 343 were never going to win there is nothing there gonna do thats gonna change your mind so ur going to carry on carrying all ur bitter resentment round for a game u no longer play........fair play to u!!!

Ugh, you completely missed the point, but that's what I get for making a long post.

First: I didn't make up my mind about this game before I bought it, I hadn't done any research or any thinking on it at all. I wanted it to be good because I bought it, I wouldn't have bothered buying it if I was determined to dislike it. This entire idea you have that people just planned to hate 343 and Halo 4 is ridiculous.

Second: Halo 4's harshest critics are also big fans of one or more Halo games. We criticize the game because we want better for Halo. Most importantly you cannot accurately critique something if you haven't really experienced it on one level or another.

Third: Everyone's a critic, get used to it. It will never change.

• Like 1

Im used to it and I understand what ur saying I liked all the previos halo game I understand reach to be another game people seem to love to hate but I liked that too! But my point to u is halo 4 is made all the updates in the world are not going to solve the problems a lot of people want fixing they can balance wepeons and adjust quite a lot but the things people have been askin for would require a full new game! Therefor why do they carry on playing just to see if the hatred for the same game has passed then post about what they still hate about the game! U arnt really a problem because the OP asks why they still play it and u clearly dont!!

First off, this is a Community Forum. You don't like being "tortured" by complaints? DON'T COME TO A COMMUNITY FORUM. I thought that was an easy fix. Community forums are for people to voice their opinion, and there are plenty of good topics as well as bad topics. I don't like Halo 4, think I judged the game before it came out? If I did that, I wouldn't have bought it. I wouldn't have looked forward to it for months on end, preorder it from halfway across the globe, and waste money on dlc. I got Halo 4 the day it came out, and was SO excited. I actually liked it for a while, then when they ruined swat and infection, and then I realized the gameplay was pretty horrible aside from a few select gametypes, so I stopped playing. Think I like having to drop what was such an amazing game? Heck no! Halo was THE game I got an Xbox for, and Halo 4 was just a dissapointment. People voice their opinion because they don't want the next game to be as bad as this one, because unlike me, they still have hope. I really hate having to drop my favorite Xbox game because the game changed so much.

Do u not realise COD took a lot the players from halo after 3 cod 4 was what it was all about far easier to get into it doesnt need to change people go out and buy it regardless, now there isnt anyw!ere near the amount of balancing issues with halo as COD has had MW2 being the worst by far!

MW2 being the worst by far? Just stop talking. OP was awful, and now you really don't know what you're talking about. You probably thought Black Ops 1 was a great game too, eh?

........................eh? U be a hater all u want sunshine!!! Half of this last post is jiberish, u sit there and let your blood boil over a game u dont intend to play again:-/!! The fact is 343 were never going to win there is nothing there gonna do thats gonna change your mind so ur going to carry on carrying all ur bitter resentment round for a game u no longer play........fair play to u!!!

Again, ridiculous. He was saying he gave it PLENTY OF TIME before judging it. I thought 343 was bringing great changes to the table, when all in all they were pretty bad. When 4 came out, I jokingly cherished the case with friends, and thought it was so cool when I started playing. The campaign was great! They killed it on that one! But multiplayer? Not so much. A lot of really cool ideas, but a lot more really bad ideas. If anybody hated the game and 343 before it came out, they probably would NOT have bought it in the first place, so stop assuming the worst in people because that's NOT how it is.

Good point... I swear I've seen about 10 players on Halo 4 that won't stop complaining about the game.... and most of the time they suck.

And this. You think I don't like the game because I suck? I had something like a 1.5 ish k/d on there, and have plenty of killing sprees, multikills, all that crap and hardly use vehicles. No, that's not amazing, but do I suck at the game? Heck no. I'm almost always in the top 3. Does that have anything to do with my opinion on the game? No way. I used to suck at Black Ops Zombies, doesn't mean I hated it. I always had the least amount of kills and points, and yet I thought it was frikkin amazing.

So all in all, you people might think you know why people hate the game, but each person's opinion is different. You can't tell people what to do or judge them for their decisions on the game because you honestly don't know them. So back off, and let the complainers complain, and voice your own opinions as well. That's the only way this game is going to go in a direction where everybody is happy.

• Like 2

Omg wtf mw2 was by far and away the most unbalanced of the cods secondary wepeons just took over black ops was awreyt yeah I wouldnt say grea but it were alright!! Now I didnt say dont call the game by all means but its the hatred that u all seem to have for it in what way is that even remotley constructive climb out of ur own ass u stuck up little ****! How long have u spent on that post?

And ur first point wtf is that I said the torture u lot endure all u haters putting urself through a game u cant stand I wouldnt do it its not about me reading the forums!! And also I would like to add this post was not meant to call the whole forum or any1 but asks why put urself through it, the game is what it is sure the updates can sort out balance and many other things as I say but theres quite a lot of the game thats here to stay!! Now dont talk down to me with ur rediculas essay!!

Omg wtf mw2 was by far and away the most unbalanced of the cods secondary wepeons just took over black ops was awreyt yeah I wouldnt say grea but it were alright!! Now I didnt say dont call the game by all means but its the hatred that u all seem to have for it in what way is that even remotley constructive climb out of ur own ass u stuck up little ****! How long have u spent on that post?

And ur first point wtf is that I said the torture u lot endure all u haters putting urself through a game u cant stand I wouldnt do it its not about me reading the forums!! And also I would like to add this post was not meant to call the whole forum or any1 but asks why put urself through it, the game is what it is sure the updates can sort out balance and many other things as I say but theres quite a lot of the game thats here to stay!! Now dont talk down to me with ur rediculas essay!!

Yeah man Mw2 was The Cod game. even after Cod mw3 it had  alot of its population for awhile. And It was out during halo 3 era and halo 3 was Beating it untill reach. Btw its hard for guns to be unbalanced in a game where you die in 1-5 shots sir, If you think the noobtubing was unbalanced you really must dislike halo and all there unbalanced guns they bring to the table.

Funny thing is we can write Pages of every broken unbalanced thing. Its hard for me to play 3 games a day without just wanting to quit and most the time i'm going postive on frenzy's and spree's and i'm still complaining and i play team throwdown Not those cod  like playlist infinity w/e crap. Heck i can run around the map with a AR and out AR a Br user at mid range when the br is suppose to be the mid range gun.

for a triple AAA xbox eclusive game this one failed. But if it was just any xbox game then it did good.

There were serios balancing problems with mw2 the duel weilding secondary shotguns were just rediculas the noobtube paied with scaverger made hq and other game modes almost imposible to play! U play harcore and ud be hard pushed to find a man not using the ump! Now halo is not perfect but the MASSIVE difference is u have to pick ur wepeons up on halo u start with these things on cod!! And yes there are some unbalanced load out wepeons as I keep saying but nothin close to cod!! I think were gonna be goin round and round with this, fact is I like it u dont:-/ cod churn out a slightly different version every year no inovations no nothing (and that quick scope ****e whats that bout?) year in year out and it will sell, id rather halo didnt become that!

That post took me about 5 minutes, while eating, if it's that important to you. We don't torture ourselves with a bad game, we had hopes of it being a great game and were let down. Is that just not sticking or something? We want the game to be good because we were avid Halo fans, but in turn it was a major let down. We don't want the same mistake to happen with Halo 5, and so on. We will list our problems with the game, and you can list what you like about the game, is that fair? I think so. I don't see why this forum must be totally about people loving the game, dancing and frolicking around in the 343 unicorn meadows. If you don't like the way people don't like something about the game, that doesn't need to be on this forum. Would this topic eventually help out the Halo community? No. Will a well organized complaint about a certain feature(s) in the game potentially help out? It can. So quit your complaining about complainers, it's not getting anything accomplished, whereas if you were talking about Halo 4 instead, you can potentially get something accomplished.

As for your MW2 rants, just stop. Anybody who is an avid COD fan knows that MW2 was one of the best COD games yet. Who gives af people want their nooby tactics, not everybody does it and it doesn't make it a horrible game. Black Ops 1 was a fail. Some people were okay with it, but everybody and anybody preferred Modern Warfare. Every game has had it's nooby gun/tactics, like the Striker in MW3, Shock Charges in Black Ops 2, and heck even the Boltshot in Halo 4. Do those ruin the game? Heck no. It might cause a little rage, but it doesn't ruin the game.

Now, if 343 could be like Treyarch and IMPROVE on their second game, then Halo will be right back in the fast lane competing with the best Xbox games out there. Until then, I'll stick to Reach and Black Ops 2.

• Like 1