Do you like the Boltshot?

AnimalDenWinter

On youtube there is a channel called saucey soars he made a video about he was making a revolution to bann boltshots.I disagree, the boltshot i think 

is the best secondary weapon in the game its like a pocket shotgun. When you're running away you normaly hide, if you have a boltshot let them come for you, then pull out the pocket shotgun...SHABAM!! Bolt them in their faces and earn 10 to 15 credits without having to regain shields and face your enemy on a 1v1.

Reasons there good:

1. You can get practicly 4 shotgun shots with a secondary weapon.

2. You can get at east a overkill in map centres if you're quick.

3. If you're running away from an enemy with low shields. Hide lead them to your hiding spot, then incinerate them. Practicly

leading them into their own doom, ha ha ha!!

On youtube there is a channel called saucey soars he made a video about he was making a revolution to bann boltshots.I disagree, the boltshot i think 

is the best secondary weapon in the game its like a pocket shotgun. When you're running away you normaly hide, if you have a boltshot let them come for you, then pull out the pocket shotgun...SHABAM!! Bolt them in their faces and earn 10 to 15 credits without having to regain shields and face your enemy on a 1v1.

Reasons there good:

1. You can get practicly 4 shotgun shots with a secondary weapon.

2. You can get at east a overkill in map centres if you're quick.

3. If you're running away from an enemy with low shields. Hide lead them to your hiding spot, then incinerate them. Practicly

leading them into their own doom, ha ha ha!!

This is exactly why the boltshot should NOT be in loadouts. It is over powered and unbalanced.

I never had any isssue with it, other than my inability to kill anyone with it. I have more Plasma Pistol kills or Pulse Gernade kills than Bolt Shot. As for "best seckondary", I maxed the Magnum out before any other weapon, So my vote is the Mag, but if you like it use it, I'll be that guy killing you from over there :)

Do I think the boltshot is powerful? Yes. 

Do I like it? No. 

Why? Because I'd rather out BR/DMR my opponents from range than to try and fight up close. It's not that I don't like the Boltshot, I just won't use it. 

Edited by LiQuid BioniX

I never had any isssue with it, other than my inability to kill anyone with it. I have more Plasma Pistol kills or Pulse Gernade kills than Bolt Shot. As for "best seckondary", I maxed the Magnum out before any other weapon, So my vote is the Mag, but if you like it use it, I'll be that guy killing you from over there :)

why dont you try?

If everyone used the boltshot no one would care about how OP it is

And if everyone used one OP weapon against each other without so much as using another weapon, Halo 4 would become a game for no skilled hacks. Bolt Shot doesn't belong in load outs and I feel sorry for the people who use it as their main weapon. 

• Like 1

And if everyone used one OP weapon against each other without so much as using another weapon, Halo 4 would become a game for no skilled hacks. Bolt Shot doesn't belong in load outs and I feel sorry for the people who use it as their main weapon.

It probably would, but the whole point of what i said was that if everyone had the same OP weapon, they would be equal, so it would be about skill.

I love it!... almost as much as ANY OTHER GUN!

I agree. It's useful when you're on low health and being chased by you're killer.

hardly anybody uses it as a main weapo. Well I just use it occasionally.

Im indifferent.

People tend to express hate towards it, but I can't really understand why. I'm SR38, so I've been playing quite a bit, yet I've only seen the gun used 10 times (give or take), and used effectively even less. I may have been killed by it once or twice.

The only ones who use it religiously are those players that literally just sit crouched in a corner, waiting for unsuspecting players to walk by. The way I see it, if anyone wants to waste their time playing like that, then I guess they deserve the odd kill.

do i like the bolt shot? no for a few simple reasons 

1. First off halo has never in its history had an instant kill weapon that you start with (excluding special game types) but typically the weapons that you start with takes a degree of skill to use. examples include the DMR, BR, AR, pistols, etc. all of which could not kill you in one shot and required a lot more skill to use.

2. Second having an instant kill weapon right off the bat makes weapons that take skill worth a lot less. I can't count the times i have been on a roll got an ordinance sniper, saw, shotgun,etc and walked around the corner to be killed by a camping noob with a bolt shot. 

3. As compared to other weapons the bolt shot takes a lot less skill. on saying this i don't mean to offend anyone i'm just pointing out that when you use a bolt shot you can just hold the trigger and point and hope to kill them. If you don't get them that time you can re-spawn and try again where with another weapon, like a shotgun, you would lose your power weapon and how to work back up to get it again. this also makes it so that you can camp so much easier.

Having explained my dislike of the bolt shot i would also like to add i recognize its power. I use it in most of my load outs and have killed tons of people with it. So when i say i wish they would remove it from the initial load out, or change its power. i don't say it because i suck at using it or am annoyed by people who do i say it because i think its unfair and needs to be fixed to make the game better. So in my eyes there are two possible solutions to what i see as a problem. The first like i just said is to remove it from the initial load out and make it a drop or have it spawn on the map. The second solution is to weaken the power and only have it deplete their shields similar to a plasma pistol. This poses a new interesting skill to the game which would make the bolt shot actually take some skill. Because you could weaken them up close using the first shot to take down their shields and then finish them with the next shots assuming their accurate. In my mind this makes it a little more fair because it prevents people with bolt shots from killing someone with a shotgun in one shot giving the shotgun the upper had that it should have since its a rarer gun.

if you have any other thoughts on this i'm happy to hear them

~Sharktooth73 

The 2nd option is totally pointless as like you said it would be like the plasma pistol so there for who would use it? I think they should nerf it by stopping the abillity to hold the charge for a couple of seconds at the end so it istantly fires as soon as it fully charges making it much harder to time, I think thats the only way you can nerf it and still make it the ohk wepeon it was intended to be!