Season 2 Thoughts

Trifle10

I have not a clue what could be in store for season 2 other than Halsey working to get some sort of revenge on the UNSC. To be honsest I HATE what they did with Halsey. She was presumably good in all of the books until Glasslands where she was made to look evil and then there was The Thursday War and now in Spartan Ops they've made her to be a one armed evil scientist bent on revenge against the UNSC??? COME ON 343! WHY?

• Like 1

Its weird Halsey is being attacked so much and Sarah Palmers has such a hate on for her. Last time I checked, ONI and the UNSC backed Halsey on the S2's and the entire program on Reach. Why 5 years after the war are people wanting to burn her? I dont get it, Palmer woulnt be here if it wasnt for the program Halsey created! I'm not really knowing how season 2 will start out. Its been driving me nutz how the surviving S2's dont know John is alive and John doesnt know about them. There are still S3's alive aswell WTF?!?! Why is this storyline not allowing them all to know eachothers still alive?? All i know is now you have Halsey on the side of the elites wanting revenge and a handfull of Spartan 2's and 3's that would die for her and have also been lied to over the years from the very people they have been fighting to protect. I think lines will be crossed, sides will be chosen and the UNSC/ONI will loose the Spartan 2's and 3's to Halsey.

• Like 1

Its weird Halsey is being attacked so much and Sarah Palmers has such a hate on for her. Last time I checked, ONI and the UNSC backed Halsey on the S2's and the entire program on Reach. Why 5 years after the war are people wanting to burn her? I dont get it, Palmer woulnt be here if it wasnt for the program Halsey created! I'm not really knowing how season 2 will start out. Its been driving me nutz how the surviving S2's dont know John is alive and John doesnt know about them. There are still S3's alive aswell WTF?!?! Why is this storyline not allowing them all to know eachothers still alive?? All i know is now you have Halsey on the side of the elites wanting revenge and a handfull of Spartan 2's and 3's that would die for her and have also been lied to over the years from the very people they have been fighting to protect. I think lines will be crossed, sides will be chosen and the UNSC/ONI will loose the Spartan 2's and 3's to Halsey.

Halsey is dangerous as ally and enemy because she does things she thinks are right things to do. She is not brainless slave to ONI or UNSC and that makes her dangerous and great character. She may want revenge to UNSC(we don't know for sure. It may be just a trick) but it will propably help humanity in some way like getting the key half from Jul.

In my opinion she is just like in Eric Nylunds books. I haven't read Traviss's books so I don't know about that. Anyway I like how she has now very important role in games too.

As for season 2...I wouldn't buy it for gameplay I just want to see the cutscenes. Do I have to watch them from internet?

• Like 1

Halsey is dangerous as ally and enemy because she does things she thinks are right things to do. She is not brainless slave to ONI or UNSC and that makes her dangerous and great character. She may want revenge to UNSC(we don't know for sure. It may be just a trick) but it will propably help humanity in some way like getting the key half from Jul.

In my opinion she is just like in Eric Nylunds books. I haven't read Traviss's books so I don't know about that. Anyway I like how she has now very important role in games too.

As for season 2...I wouldn't buy it for gameplay I just want to see the cutscenes. Do I have to watch them from internet?

Most likely.

And interesting theory on it being a trick me and my friend were talking about how cunning Dr. Halsey really is and how she could be making it appear that she's an enemy but could ultimately help the UNSC and take the second half of the key.

On another note, the technology is now in human hands to navigate the galaxy with pinpoint accuracy. They found reqeium pretty easy....I wonder if they could ever find the Spirit of Fire floating around with an entire batallion of marines, 3 spartan 2's and a scientist like Halsey (Anders). They were lost at the start of the war...surely they could be found an introduced into the story......Why do they always insist John is the last remaining spartan??

• Like 1

On another note, the technology is now in human hands to navigate the galaxy with pinpoint accuracy. They found reqeium pretty easy....I wonder if they could ever find the Spirit of Fire floating around with an entire batallion of marines, 3 spartan 2's and a scientist like Halsey (Anders). They were lost at the start of the war...surely they could be found an introduced into the story......Why do they always insist John is the last remaining spartan??

This could theoretically be done IF they knew the coordinates of the Spirit of Fire. Mind you that it's been 27 or 28 years since the story of the Spirit of Fire destroying a Forerunner shield world full of Dreadnoughts and saving our galaxy.

Spoilers for those who haven't read Forerunner saga

Maybe Guilty spark could make an appearance or is it too early? Maybe we see Spark in Halo 5. I would love to see both Librarian and the monitor coming back as the ending of Primordium suggests. Librarian can't be permanently dead yet can she?

but didn't he die on halo 3 the guilty spark????

Season 2 could involve the Infinity searching for the other Forerunner planets, or it could involve helping the Arbiter's forces against the Covenant Remnant on Sanghelios.

Personally, I'd like to see some more Prometheans. They truly test your skill, and sometimes, your patience. I'm sure we're all familiar how annoying it is to have to focus on Watchers and Crawlers or Knights at the same time. Watching the sky and the ground at the same time is a serious challenge, a lot of the time too much of one, lol.

Remember when Cortana said to the Chief in campaign "They might even give you another me if Halsey allows it" This could be 343's way of setting it up for halsey's character to either clone herself again or she allows herself to be mapped for the sake of refurbishing another cortana or the chief finds a fragment of the original but needs halsey to decide.

They had to get rid of Requiem.

Now the story is in free fall again and can be taken to where ever rather than be stuck around Requiem.

It would be great to see mixed units of old covenant wanting to be unsc citizens allowed to serve, it kind of looks funny  how these squishy pink things managed to get the upper hand over several races. It would be even better if we had our own combat droids to help the smaller original humans to help balance it out a bit.