Halo 4 isn't that good

SHAMAZING T4CO

Well I haven't been on this forum in like a year and I apoligize in advance for my grammar, I'm using my ipad, but back to the topic.

I don't know if its just me but halo 4 doesn't seem as good as previous halos. In my opinion they butchered forge because there are no maps suited for it and they tried to make it to much like COD. I'll admit it, I like COD, but if I wanted to play call of duty, I would play call of duty. Halo seems to be taking a step in the wrong direction with halo 4. They added classes which completely messes up what halo originally was about. Not only the multiplayer is the problem though. Halo 4's campaign just doesn't keep me entertained it has a good story but it seems so repetitive. Here's what happens on every campaign level: you fight some covenant, then some promeatheans, then more convenant, then you see the didact, then cortana makes a portal and you go through it. I'm not saying I hate halo 4, it's just I had high expections for the game and 343 kind of let me down. That is all I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy but that's my opinion.

• Like 2

The Taco returns!!!!!!

Your comments are spot on, Halo 4 is potentially the best game ever on the 360, it's just that 343 needed another 6/9 months to finish it, but obviously Microsoft wouldn't allow that. The problem with the Halo 4 we have now its around 75% finished, and with this it is driving the players away. Fans are getting bored of Halo 4, even more than they did with Reach, isn't that a scary thought???

People will disagree with my comments about game being incomplete but here is one example

Remember Frankie saying the ranking system that will ship with the game will appeal to casual and hardcore gamers? Where is it? Oh yeah it's coming in March ish!!!!!

Halo 4 is a brilliant game, or would of been if it was complete.

• Like 3

The Taco returns!!!!!!

Your comments are spot on, Halo 4 is potentially the best game ever on the 360, it's just that 343 needed another 6/9 months to finish it, but obviously Microsoft wouldn't allow that. The problem with the Halo 4 we have now its around 75% finished, and with this it is driving the players away. Fans are getting bored of Halo 4, even more than they did with Reach, isn't that a scary thought???

People will disagree with my comments about game being incomplete but here is one example

Remember Frankie saying the ranking system that will ship with the game will appeal to casual and hardcore gamers? Where is it? Oh yeah it's coming in March ish!!!!!

Halo 4 is a brilliant game, or would of been if it was complete.

I completely agree with everything you said, it's always felt like its almost at the level of previous halos but missing it by an inch. And I would have rather waited a few months and get a polished game, then get a half baked game.

• Like 1

Halo 4 is like the Scatter-shot; it's a great game, but it's inconsistent, and as such, most of the time doesn't compare to many other games.

343's game could have been amaaaaaazing, but they didn't have enough time to work on it. Forge 3.0 is a practical downgrade from 2.0, Theater is just bad, Matchmaking and gameplay has soooo many bad things that could be fun.

Loadouts? Awesome! The lack of a classic playlist isn't. Ordinance? Awesome! Except the lack of a competitive version doesn't exist. Competition? Sadly, CSR isn't visible, which is BAAAD.

Guns? Unbalanced. WHy use the LR, BR and Carbine when you have a DMR? Shotguns as well. Why use any when you can have one with massive range in your pocket?

Maps? Bad. Most are BTB sized, and most have slow gameplay; it's been based around Dynamic spawns, which sucks. WE NEED BTB!

If 343 spent more time, it'll be a great game. Even better if they had a great updating system that can allow them to upgrade many things in the game to what they should've been when the game released.

Halo 4 is like the Scatter-shot; it's a great game, but it's inconsistent, and as such, most of the time doesn't compare to many other games.

343's game could have been amaaaaaazing, but they didn't have enough time to work on it. Forge 3.0 is a practical downgrade from 2.0, Theater is just bad, Matchmaking and gameplay has soooo many bad things that could be fun.

Loadouts? Awesome! The lack of a classic playlist isn't. Ordinance? Awesome! Except the lack of a competitive version doesn't exist. Competition? Sadly, CSR isn't visible, which is BAAAD.

Guns? Unbalanced. WHy use the LR, BR and Carbine when you have a DMR? Shotguns as well. Why use any when you can have one with massive range in your pocket?

Maps? Bad. Most are BTB sized, and most have slow gameplay; it's been based around Dynamic spawns, which sucks. WE NEED BTB!

If 343 spent more time, it'll be a great game. Even better if they had a great updating system that can allow them to upgrade many things in the game to what they should've been when the game released.

I agree with most things you said other then loadouts. Do you remember the days when people used to scramble for power ups or overshield? Well now that there are loadouts those days are gone. Now if you want a DMR, yo spawn with a DMR. Other then that I completely agree especially with forge 3.0. Sure they added lighting, but anytime you switch from monitor to player it has to render the lighting. I wish there was an option to turn off the lighting because when I play with friends it becomes insanely annoying.

Also, I think ordinance has a lot of untapped potential. It would be cool if as an ordinance drop you could drop a warthog to your position. That would change the course of the battle, and would add anew layer of strategy to the game.

• Like 1

well i do admit i love halo 4 and think it is the best yet though 343 did do things wrong but u must forgive this is the first halo apart from cea they have ever made halo 5 will be better

That is true and I don't think it was necessarily 343 Industries fault. I think the reason it was sort of bland was because Microsoft didn't want them to change to much stuff as it seemed to work. I can honestly say after playing halo since 2003, halo needs a change. And by change I mean like a new faction, or the next halo should take place in a different time(forerunner flood war?) Halo 4 didn't ruin the series for me at all, it has just started to show the age of the gameplay, I mean we have been doing the same stuff on halo and fighting the same enemies for quite some time and I hope 343 does something huge and shocks the gaming world.

I agree with most things you said other then loadouts.

Loadouts are fine, as they are easily rendered useless by Gametype pre-set loadouts, like Halo: Reach's matchmaking. Having gametypes with Played Loadouts is fine, but lacking a playlist like the all-new Team Throwdown (YES!) is the main issue.

Loadouts are fine, as they are easily rendered useless by Gametype pre-set loadouts, like Halo: Reach's matchmaking. Having gametypes with Played Loadouts is fine, but lacking a playlist like the all-new Team Throwdown (YES!) is the main issue.

That's true but it makes me feel like I'm playing "other FPS games" and I have always felt like halos gameplay was based around where which weapon spawns. I still know where the energy sword spawns on Everymap on halo 3. That was part of the fun to me, just running wildly to the sword. That doesn't happen when everyone has a DMR