energy sword good Idea

i think duel wielding energy swords withe other two handed weapons is't a bad idea. the energy sword is under powered anyways, it not like the energy sword from halo 2 with far range. and its not like you will have a dmr with energy sword. the duel wieldable weapons in halo 5 (if they are duel wieldable) will be weak not to mention that there going to add bloom to them too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Duel wielded swords would look badass i admit, but the balancing would ruin it. One hit from a sword kills 99.9% of things, the only advantages I could see would be its unblockable (so over powered since you couldnt bulltrue, halo 4 has enough sword kills after death as it is) and that you have double the battery life. Maybe in campaign for some point and for specific gamemodes... But the sword is pretty much stuck the way it is now. As Caboose and TheReach2134 pointed out; its one hit Kill, therefore duel wield is virtually pointless.

Duel wielded swords would look badass i admit, but the balancing would ruin it. One hit from a sword kills 99.9% of things, the only advantages I could see would be its unblockable (so over powered since you couldnt bulltrue, halo 4 has enough sword kills after death as it is) and that you have double the battery life. Maybe in campaign for some point and for specific gamemodes... But the sword is pretty much stuck the way it is now. As Caboose and TheReach2134 pointed out; its one hit Kill, therefore duel wield is virtually pointless.

As I said, why did the flag gain a weapon if that's the case?

• Like 1

The Flag gained a gun because it was one specific game mode in a new game with weapons that would destroy a flag carrier. They also removed the ability to juggle making it nessesary for the bearer to have at least some form of defence. The Flag carriers pistol is buffed to balance out gameplay and so people would want to carry the flag instead of camping to get kills on the one team player. How is that relevant to duel wielding swords? Which I still think would be awesome, but never implimented because of impracticality and general uselessness-ness...

• Like 1

The Flag gained a gun because it was one specific game mode in a new game with weapons that would destroy a flag carrier. They also removed the ability to juggle making it nessesary for the bearer to have at least some form of defence. The Flag carriers pistol is buffed to balance out gameplay and so people would want to carry the flag instead of camping to get kills on the one team player. How is that relevant to duel wielding swords? Which I still think would be awesome, but never implimented because of impracticality and general uselessness-ness...

It is relevant because, other than being able to switch weapons and having a longer lunge range, the sword is basically another version of the flag. They could allow you to dual a non-buffed magnum or PP with it to help defend yourself from a distance. The dual could nerf the pistol slightly if it makes anyone feel better, I just think simple mechanics like this can easily be balanced out. I just think it's a shame to keep out a feature that can be done IRL when it is easy to balance.

Not so impractical and useless when you need to cross that hallway with someone waiting for you to pop out.

Edited by Ryu♥Hayabusa
  • Like 1

i would like that idea. it sounds really cool. i also think it would look beast if you could dual wield energy swords. but i totally agree more with ryu hayabusa. i strangely had a dream about me being a spartan in halo on reach when it was glassed. any ways in it i had an energy sword and was holding a magnum in my other hand for more defense against covenant. so i really like the idea of being able to dual wield the pistol and energy sword together, but only those two weapons for a dual wielding energy sword type beside holding another energy sword. i love ryu hayabusa idea

• Like 1

i would like that idea. it sounds really cool. i also think it would look beast if you could dual wield energy swords. but i totally agree more with ryu hayabusa. i strangely had a dream about me being a spartan in halo on reach when it was glassed. any ways in it i had an energy sword and was holding a magnum in my other hand for more defense against covenant. so i really like the idea of being able to dual wield the pistol and energy sword together, but only those two weapons for a dual wielding energy sword type beside holding another energy sword. i love ryu hayabusa idea

Why thank you, good sir!

• Like 1

i still say if it is in the game it should be only in the campaign or in a cut scene. like the others have said it would make you a god in multi-player. The only way i can see it in multi-player is if they made a game type where it was the sword weilder verses seven( i said seven because it would be an eight player game) players like flood mode but the other enemys have short range weapons. and there is no one else on the sword weilders side. the object would e to see which spartan could last longest, and the spartan who's time was the longest wins. 

• Like 1

i still say if it is in the game it should be only in the campaign or in a cut scene. like the others have said it would make you a god in multi-player. The only way i can see it in multi-player is if they made a game type where it was the sword weilder verses seven( i said seven because it would be an eight player game) players like flood mode but the other enemys have short range weapons. and there is no one else on the sword weilders side. the object would e to see which spartan could last longest, and the spartan who's time was the longest wins. 

i like that idea. i think it would be good to make a game type for it. the pistol would need to be nerved to be fair against seven other people. but i really like that idea it's very good

• Like 1