Betrayals

THE ZOMGSPOON

I was curious as to if anyone else experiences constant betrayals. I get betrayed on average 3-4 times a game and I do nothing to instigate such behavior. I play mainly objective based games oddball/CTF. I do always take the Sniper Rifle at the beginning of the game but I believe I justify it by getting on average 3-4 kils every 4-5 shots.

I also never am given the option to boot these players either. Thoughts?

• Like 1

The only game type I really get betrayed in is Grifball(For obvious reasons) and Dominion because of bad drivers who don't pay attention and bad grenade placement. I don't see why you don't get the option to boot people. Had a game of Oddball on Haven and when we all spawned I rushed to top mid and a team mate threw a sticky trying to get to the other side but, got me in the back and it gave me the option to boot.

The betrayal system for this game is a little glitchy at times. Nothing you can really do about it.

It's sad to still see people betraying for power weapons.

I was playing CTF on Exile last night and I was betrayed once during the game and it prevented me from getting an Unfriggenbelievable (Do they still have that on Halo 4?) but instead I finished with 43 kills and 1 death. It has literally has gotten ridiculous the past week. My roommate has a Live Account and he doesn't understand why I get betrayed either. I dont attempt to betray others after they have done so to me either.

Back when bungie was running things it took 2 betrays for you get get the boot option. I have no idea how 343 has it. i got betrayed once by a guy and he got the option to boot. Sometimes when going for a sniper you will get betrayed by a jealous prick. My best advice to avoid that is don't take snipe if someone else calls it out and dont rush up behind someone and swoop it. Personally i ignore both those use mobility take the sniper and dust them :scooter:

I have played Griffball with people that betray intentionally, like they are the only ones allowed to get kills. They are like, "So you're gonna try and hammer people, eh? Not on my watch!!!"

It is the reason I stopped playing the gametype.

One time I played Infinity Slayer on Complex and went for the sniper. Dude on my team plowed me with the ghost and took it off my corpse. smh.

I have played Griffball with people that betray intentionally, like they are the only ones allowed to get kills. They are like, "So you're gonna try and hammer people, eh? Not on my watch!!!"

It is the reason I stopped playing the gametype.

One time I played Infinity Slayer on Complex and went for the sniper. Dude on my team plowed me with the ghost and took it off my corpse. smh.

Getting betrayed for power weapons has been going on since halo went xbox live and isn't going to end anytime soon.

I almost never get betrayed but i mostly play BTB and SWAT so thats probably why. But i have a question ive been wondering about. In previous halos when you get betrayed didnt the anouncer say "betrayed" in a sad voice. Now he says "betrayal" even if you are the one who gets betrayed.

Yes, I've noticed this and it's a little confusing when it says betrayal when I'm the one who was betrayed =/

Ahh Betrayals. This is my experiece with it:

Son says dad try this OL so i give in, game is dominion, on Longbow. Match starts i sprint to A? on way i see an rocket launcher, son's are yelling 'get it dad', so i toss my trusty magnum & get the hammer of god, err rocket launcher. I run in the base sons are yelling 'capture it dad'. So i start the capture process & hear a sound from a sticky grenade enough time to say 'uh oh' & boom i'm dead.

Teammate killed me for the RL8(. So i run back in smack him, & force him to kill me again, then i get option to boot him sons are yelling 'do it dad' so i do & wallah i got my RL back :D. So i run outside to go to Charlie, get halfway their & get run over by a teammate in a ghost. :D;

Hand controller back to sons 8P.

Regards, John

Although I do not get betrayed too often, just the odd time by someone running me over by accident I assume, I have seen it happen for power weapons, I watched a guy kill someone in our base in ragnarok for his sniper (ran him over in a mongoose), he did this twice that I saw for power weapons and did not get kicked.

The system seems a bit silly the old one worked and should still be there friendly fire or not.

The option to boot should be given on anyones second betrayal, then it might stop this but even then you lose nothing by being booted so people will probably still chance it.

Bottom line is that people are jerks. If you take their power weapon, even if you are Snipedown, you're getting betrayed. Best thing to do is to either grab it and hope that people are cool about it, but more likely is to just grab it, get betrayed, and hope that they can get booted somehow.

It's not consistent, at least not for me, but it still happens. It's one reason why I'd like ranked vs. social playlists. In my experience, the higher in skill level you raise to, the more team-oriented people become, and you won't get betrayed for taking the sniper rifle, even if you're good with it.

Edited by LiQuidßioniX♠

Although I do not get betrayed too often, just the odd time by someone running me over by accident I assume, I have seen it happen for power weapons, I watched a guy kill someone in our base in ragnarok for his sniper (ran him over in a mongoose), he did this twice that I saw for power weapons and did not get kicked.

The system seems a bit silly the old one worked and should still be there friendly fire or not.

The option to boot should be given on anyones second betrayal, then it might stop this but even then you lose nothing by being booted so people will probably still chance it.

Betrayals are getting out of hand dude, I say.... that we put it on first option so they know for next time I ain't messin' around.

ive gotten betrayed a few times while playing the following games modes for the reasons i suspect, plus these werent and accident

BTB

-slayer on ragnarok, betrayed by ghost, i think the driver was trying to get booted

-slayer on exile, betrayed by teammate on foot, i think it was for taking the kill

CTF

-complex, betrayed by 2 teammates. i have a clip which i dont think is on my file share

GRIFBALL

-at least 10 times already. about 15% was from enemies who were trying to spawn camp and teammates go crazy with the hammer. the others were because they couldnt hold the ball

FLOOD

-complex, hiding in the same area as some other teammates, got betrayed twice, booted them boot lol, got the clip

-when its either ROUND OVER or GAME OVER, those who swarmed to where the last man was will attack each other (not really a betrayal)

if the betrayal was an accident like a warthog got airborne from a rocket that missed it and accidentally splattered a teammate. but, if its intentional like a teammate who couldnt get the sniper

the good thing is, if im prompted by a rude teammate, ill give them the boot, even if their a friend. i dont take betrayals lightly in Matchmaking

some reasons i believe teammates will betray

1: they couldnt get a weapon from a random ordance drop like a sniper or rocket

2: they couldnt use the part of the vehicle they wanted like the turrent or drive the tank

3: they couldnt hold the objective like the oddball or the flag

4: they couldnt get the kill and had to get an assist

5: they want to to be the one(s) holding a particular part of the map

6: they couldnt toss the objective back and fourth

7: they think their the only ones getting kills and leading the team so they get mad at their team