jCoze

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anybody is as much in love with the halo universe as i am. To be more specific the Forerunner saga. I've already read the first two of the Forerunner books and would love to just discuss it with people who have also read the books and are as much looking forward to the third and last of the Forerunner series. I really want to discuss the conversation the Didact had with the primordial towards the end of the second book. Talk about how awesome ancient humans must have been during the Forunner-Human War. Talk about how you guys feel about their 'Religion', so to speak, of upholding the mantle and of being the guardians of all life. That and everything else that makes Forerunners an amazing fictional race. Seems as if we could actually learn a lot form this fictional culture.

And to Bungie and 343 for making/continuing such an awesome universe. Hopefully 343 that this will not be the last we hear of the Forerunner, I want to read more books regarding their culture, maybe even everyday life for a Forerunner. Maybe even some small conflicts that the forerunner had to overcome in their long years.

• Like 3

I have also read the first two books, but it has been a while. I am looking forward to the last one. dose anyone know its release date?

like i said it has been a while so , i don't remember exactly what the conversation between the two was. the thing i find interesting is, that on these forums a lot of people say that the flood was created by precusors. to my knowledge greg bear is the only person that has ever mentioned the precursos, so that has to have come from his books. but my understanding was that 1 the primordial was a gravemind, and it lied to didact.(i belive it said that it was the last precursor) 2. since it lied it is unknow if precursor created the flood or simply had come in contact with it, and trapped there in the staisis bubble. I personly don;t belive that the precursors created the flood.

another interesting thing from that series is that there were several graveminds, so eventhough we killed one off in halo 3 is the flood going to come back in halo 5? how would a community or group of graveminds work or communicate, would they get along, do they all share one conciousness, or would the be more like seperate minds? in otherwords would a new grave mind have all the knowedge of the one we killed off?

yes ancient humans were quite awsome, i like how there were so many varietys and varients of humanity. did you see any of the terminals from halo 4? some of them have small glipses of ancient humans and their weponry.

have you read the karen travers books? thursday war and glasslands. in my opioin gregs books were vary good,but karens might be the best halo books so far! they all tie into halo 4 vary well.

as far as the mantle, i think that the master builder was the only one stoping them from upholding it. he made some shady/greedy choises.

I loved the first two books. The last of the three was said to come out on March, 19th.

I too think that the last Precursor in the galaxy was a gravemind. The precursor himself told the Didact he was the last of them left but some fled the galaxy beyond their reach. The conversation the precursor has with the Didact is when the precursor mentions that the flood were sent by the precursors to eradicate the Forerunner form the galaxy. Thus answering why the humans were so much more effective at fighting the flood off. It wasnt 'meant' for them.

As for the graveminds, yes it is said that once a gravemind has been established it acts as a central command center for any localized flood forms. They communicate via some sort of telepathy. So, yes, they pretty much do share a consciousness. There is no factor of whether or not they would get along because once they get a gravemind they are of one goal . . . one mind. The precursor mentions that the flood work to bring unity. A gravemind has all the knowledge of those they infected. Along with any pre-programmed knowledge given to them by the presursors, if they are in fact their creation. Unless before a gravemind goes it backs up its knowledge somewhere. Something i would believe to be very possible if they can communicate telepathically maybe he was able to store it in another gravemind prior to his death. I did not see all of the halo 4 terminals, I'll have to go back and check em all out.

I have not yet read the thursday war or grasslands but im working my way up to it. Im still on the initial series, from Reach to Harvest. Im only on ghosts of onyx. I stopped to read the Greg Bear version of the forerunners. I do plan on reading all of the above though im interested to see how good they really are, I'll take your word for it.

Yeah the master builder did start to corrupt. Maybe it is the the master builders fault that the precursor want to rid them from the galaxy and give humans a turn at the test of the mantle. I really like the idea that Didact had for humanity in halo 4, but at the same time i agree with the Librarian, who said that we deserve to forge our own path as humans. I feel for the Didact though, he believes that humanity is the biggest threat to peace in the galaxy and wanted to compose them. I wouldnt want our race to just have to throw in the towel either. I though the Forerunner were doing a damn good job upholding the mantle. Apparently not good enough for the precursor to have sent the flood after them. I feel as if all my questions will be answered come March 19th, I can't wait.

The Forerunner saga is extremely interesting. I like how it describes forerunner society. Forerunners had a glass society and in my opinion one of it's flaws was that equality was not very important for them. Forerunner were not equal and the other species were certainly not equal to them .Forerunners were arrogant but they respected all life. They did not eat meat( Not sure about warrior servants :laughing: )Eating meat was horrible idea for them but I think it shows how forerunners had lost touch with nature.

It would be interesting to know if ancient humans were like humans today. I'm pretty sure they were. Were they like forerunner manipulars? Less intelligent but more diverse, colorful, had sense of humor etc. It seems they did not use mutations same way as Forerunners did since it was said in the book that the machine which was used to communicate with the timeless one was made for (small) human hand. Surely humans had technology to make mutations. Were their AIs more free than Forerunner ancillas which were pretty much slaves( unlike Cortana for example).

As for the primordial/ the last precursor. I'm not sure if we can take everything it has said as facts. It could have lied.

I may have misunderstood some things since I'm not used to read books in english. I haven't read Karen Traviss books yet but maybe after the third book of the forerunner saga.

Yeah, i feel like if the Forerunner did have some pretty big flaws. I wish i could read more about their culture. Now that you mention it, it does seem as if the aniclla may have been taken for granted. I hope that they would make the primordial lie during the conversation with the Didact. That would be dissapointing. If what he does say isnt true then, hopefully in the third book it will come back as some sort of dramatic irony. Maybe the primordial didnt know he was lying but was only saying what he knew. I hope they go more into the relationship between the Didact and the Librarian aswell. They should make a book on the Forerunner-Human War form the Human ponit of view, that would be an interesting book i think too.