Control Layout?

a live dinosaur

I have been using Bumper Jumper ever since I got my SCUF controller, but now I can't surmise which is best for a SCUF :/ I have tried Fishstick, which I seem to like, Recon, which I like since I have gotten so used to it in past Halos, and Southpaw. I surprisingly love Southpaw, no idea why. Maybe because I can aim with the right thumbstick with my right hand and fire my weapon with my left trigger, using my left hand, or it's simply because I am left handed.

I don't see the purpose of using Bumper Jumper anymore, now that I can jump and aim at the same time with my SCUF. The reason I won't keep using Bumper Jumper is because I don't want to have to claw to use my armor ability anymore. I know this my seem like a futile post and I should just go with what I am most comfortable with, but I would appreciate suggestions, I am tired of switching my control schemes back and forth because I can't figure out what feels right. Thanks :D

Began w/Default but switched to bumper jumper. The decision was based on losing enough fights for stupid reasons that I thought I needed more dimensions to my strafe. Since then I figured out that I'm just bad at Halo 4.

The reason I want a new layout is only because I feel uncomfortable with Bumper Jumper and a SCUF.

Started to use Bumper Jumper in Halo 3 and stuck with it ever since. Will never switch my control scheme because it's the one that I'm most used to and it has helped me in a lot of situations. The only thing you can do to pick one is to continuously use a specific one till you feel comfortable with it. Took me about 2 days to fully get used to Bumper Jumper and not hit a button mistaking it for a different layout.

The reason I want a new layout is only because I feel uncomfortable with Bumper Jumper and a SCUF.

Ok, then I recommend going fishstick + lightrifle.

Often when I am fighting mid-range with a DMR and I need to land that last shot I'll scope in to make sure of it, this is a new phenomenon with Halo 4 because this is the first Halo game where getting hit doesn't knock you out of scope.

This enhances the power of the fishstick controller setting and the light rifle. So when you change controller schemes I suggest you change weapons too. When scoped the light rifle is the best marksman rifle hands down. Later you might even consider putting the stability perk on most of your loadouts so that you can really focus on scoped combat.

The reason I suspect you're having a hard time finding what's comfortable is because your'e ONLY switching controller schemes, but what you need to do is switch controller scheme AND loadouts to match it. When I switched to bumper jumper I took the jet pack out of all loadouts because it was no longer practical, and focused on AAs that didn't need me to aim (Regen field, autosentry, Promethean Vision). The idea is to make sure your loadouts don't interfere with your controls.

So try Fishstick + Lightrifle, allow for the fact that you're getting used to two new things instead of one (So give it a bit more time to decide if you like it or not) and then make your decision. I don't know what sensitivity you play at, but you might want to try someting high. I play on 7 and don't have a big problem with accuracy, but I've been playing Halo and other shooters for a very long time so I've probably developed pretty fine control. You will definitely want a higher sensitivity to make up for the slower scoped sensitivity though.

Also adjust your play style a bit to compensate, try to engage enemies as soon as you see them and don't move toward them as much. Let them come to you. Also remember the scoped lightrifle takes 3 shots to drop shields and 2 shots to the body afterward to kill them, which means you can land 3 shots and then it's OK to de-scope for the headshot if that's more comfortable.

I feel dumb. What is a SCUF?

http://www.scufgaming.com/us/

I had to google it, but there you go.