Moderators at Halo Waypoint are dictators.

JetEyeNight

All I did was post my negative opinions about the Halo 4 matchmaking and I was suspended for a week from their forums. I did not break any forum rules. I just laid out a solid argument and people agreed with me, so apparently they didn't like seeing that and I was suspended. No explanation was given.

• Like 2

All I did was post my negative opinions about the Halo 4 matchmaking and I was suspended for a week from their forums. I did not break any forum rules. I just laid out a solid argument and people agreed with me, so apparently they didn't like seeing that and I was suspended. No explanation was given.

As long as you post without the use of profane language or explicit images you are welcome to post it here.
  • Like 3

I've noticed that many people do complain about that, I think if you insult them in any way they will ban you. If you havent figured it out yet, this forum is 10x better!!

Yes, this forum is way better. I didn't use any explicit language or images.

Ok, I believe I found out why my account was temporarily suspended at HaloWaypoint.com. I made a post saying "Fix the lag or I'm done with this game." In the body of the of the post is said:

"I'm sick and tired of lagging every single game. I'm in Minneapolis, MN. Why does matchmaking feel the need to match me with MEXICANS????

Can we please get region lock or some way to only search for games with players in a near vicinity?

I'm tired of my shots not counting, I'm tired of my plasma pistol being 100% ineffective because of lag, tired of getting 5 shot by a DMR spammer before I even know I'm being shot. Tired of being killed by an AR user before I even know I'm being shot. Tired of the audio lag because of lag. How the hell am I supposed to dodge a ghost when I can't see or hear them coming??"

The moderator "Toa Freak" the Superintendent erased my post and replaced it with:

"This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post comments that are discriminatory in nature."

"Locked due to an inappropriate opening post."

Then my account was suspended. How was it inappropriate?? How could anyone find this discriminatory in any way? I don't see how you could be offended by this. My post was about lag and having laggy games due to being matched with people so far away in Mexico. My post had nothing to do with racism or discrmination. I don't hate Mexicans and wouldn't playing with them if they were in my state or a state close by. The issue is LAG! Every single game I'm matched with people in Mexico the game is a LAG-FEST (you can figure out their location by checking out their profile in the xbox live guide). Every time I'm experiencing this sort of lag I'm like, "Gee I must be playing with Mexicans", I check their profile and guess what, their from Mexico!

I could have just as easily said "Stop matching me with Canadians!" if I was being matched with Canadians. I could have just as easily said "Stop matching me with the Brittish!" if I was having problems being matched with the Brittish. But I'm not matched with any foreign country except Mexico 99% of the time. I'm in Minneapolis, Minnesota. There is no reason to match me with Mexcans so often.

Instead of taking a moment to realize what I was trying to say, they were blinded by political correctness and chose to label my post as discrminitory. SMH

Well the wording of your post is a demand (as is the title of that post). Not a great way to start off on any forum to be honest.

I realize you didnt intend to offend anybody but perception is everything on the internet (and in life these days). If you had worded it more constructively I am fairly certain that they wouldnt have done any sort of ban upon you. Unfortunately you did not, instead you come across as (to me) a rager who is not interested in the community but is ticked off over an isolated experience for a player. Not every player lags.

The problem you presented, while being a legit problem, was presented poorly. It is worded in a manor that seems consistant with a young child demanding a toy from mom or dad while at the store and throwing a fit when mom or dad doesnt buy it for them.

I am not trying to insult you, just trying to give you perspective on what your post looks like in my eyes. I agree that you have a legit issue, but you need to present it differently.

Also I am from Minnesota (not to far away from the cities) and I rarely have lag unless I am playing with people from multiple countries around the world.

That is racism on the moderators part. I bet you if he said something like UKRANIANS, he wouldn't have gotten so much as a warning.

Exactly. I'm saying that I can recognize that some stupid people could construe that as inappropriate, but the fact that they think it's inappropriate is, in itself, racist.

Stupid people doing stupid things.

• 2 months later...