Why Do You Game?

GryffinGuy007

I game for several reasons:

A: Escapism. My life really sucks sometimes, so when I'm feeling down, I go fight the Covenant, or be a street racer, or even live a not crappy life in The Sims.

B: It's my passion. ever since I first hooked up my N64 to play Diddy Kong racing, I've been obsessed with games. It's why I'm in college to learn to be a programmer. I can't imagine a life where I don't work in games.

C: They're pretty friggin' cool. 'nuff said.

To experience great battles and stories firsthand. I prefer having both at once and in great measure, which is why Halo is my favorite game series.

It's also really fun. Gives me a place to go off and do crazy, epic, heroic things, and still do it within certain boundaries, so that everything awesome I do actually takes skill.

• Like 1

To experience great battles and stories firsthand. I prefer having both at once and in great measure, which is why Halo is my favorite game series.

It's also really fun. Gives me a place to go off and do crazy, epic, heroic things, and still do it within certain boundaries, so that everything awesome I do actually takes skill.

lol yea  cause we all know you can only be sooo crazy in real life before people start to question your sanity :P

Im not very smart, im not very athletic i make mystakes in the real life where people say "Dont do it" "STOP" "You are wrong" simple things that makes everybosdy feel kind of fool but when im done with that and i start playng reaching the hiest scores with nobody sayng "you suck" even if i got the lowest score i feel much better so thats the most important reason of why i play

Rational Explanation: Games are a creative and interactive story, like if you were to actually be part of a movie or book. I get REALLY into games and love to watch the progression of the story around me and feel like the hero-destined-to-defeat-all-evil. I often find the story of games much more interesting than a story in a show or movie.

Irrational Explanation: You can't be a seven-foot tall super soldier, wealthy Italian ladies man, necromorph killing engineer, dragon slaying hero out of an ancient prophecy, magic using assassin, travel to a floating city, use plasmids, destroy Halo rings, jump off a building and into a hay bale and survive, save the universe from an ancient alien species, kill the spirit of an evil Japanese queen, use cheat codes, kill zombies, walk the wasteland of a post-apocalyptic Washington D.C, or have a little blue lady inside of your head, IRL (in real life).

TO MAEK ALL UR BASE R BELONG 2 I

4 GR8 JUSTICE

On a serious note, there are a lot of reasons.

Escapism and Friends are a given,

but it varies depending on the game.

Ultimately, I always like to establish an irreplaceable bond with a game I play, but specifically with Halo?

I love the universe, and although the people irritate me sometimes, the matchmaking has consistently been a wonderful experience year after year.

I just wish people relied more on their skills as a marksman/player, rather than panic-nades and double melee.

But whatever; people play how they play.