343 Makes a statement on Halo 4

LiQuid BioniX

For everyone complaining about Halo 4, and even for people who love the game, 343 (More specifically Frank O'Connor) released a statement on their thoughts on the game.

It's a bit of a strange read, but I especially look forward to the next Halo after this one.

Here's the article.

I don't know what so many people are making a huge point about. Of course there are a few glitches in the game! But cut them some slack. Every game has it's faults and it is still a great game to play!

• Like 1

I don't know what so many people are making a huge point about. Of course there are a few glitches in the game! But cut them some slack. Every game has it's faults and it is still a great game to play!

This is basically what the article is saying. Frankie realizes that there are issues, but they'll get fixed.

Finally 343 realised that they failed with Halo 4. Everyone makes mistakes and not every game is perfect, but how much mistakes is it until is considered to be a flop, 343 have crossed this line IMO. From the tons of glitches, which is frankly is to much to name... to the overall concepts and game-play mechanics with ruin the game and which are clearly outclassed by previous Halos.

Halo 4 wasn't good enough, I know its gonna be hard to pull off but that's the challenge you took on.

My concern was never that they fell short of the mark. My concern was the mark.

Even if some things don't work, what I see Halo 4 as is a step in the wrong direction. They succeeded in their goals in this game, the problem was never that they didn't, the problem was the goals they set for themselves.

Reach felt adolescent, like a bunch of amateurs had gotten ahold of the decision making in a Halo game. They tried to do well but the team working on it didn't have as much experience with multiplayer.

Halo 4 feels deliberate and diabolical. They meant for it to play this way. They made mistakes for sure, but whereas the maps in Reach felt sloppy and uncoordinated, the maps in Halo 4 feel like they were designed to keep you moving and they do. The problem is Halo wasn't always about moving all the time.

The difference with Halo 4 is that they had a different mission than they've had in every other Halo. They didn't set out to make a great game, they set out to make a very specific popular type of game. The last team wanted to make something great and fell short, this team wanted to make something that would sell. Who cares if no one wants to play it a year from now? We'll have a new "Halo" for them then.

• Like 1

My concern was never that they fell short of the mark. My concern was the mark.

Even if some things don't work, what I see Halo 4 as is a step in the wrong direction. They succeeded in their goals in this game, the problem was never that they didn't, the problem was the goals they set for themselves.

Reach felt adolescent, like a bunch of amateurs had gotten ahold of the decision making in a Halo game. They tried to do well but the team working on it didn't have as much experience with multiplayer.

Halo 4 feels deliberate and diabolical. They meant for it to play this way. They made mistakes for sure, but whereas the maps in Reach felt sloppy and uncoordinated, the maps in Halo 4 feel like they were designed to keep you moving and they do. The problem is Halo wasn't always about moving all the time.

The difference with Halo 4 is that they had a different mission than they've had in every other Halo. They didn't set out to make a great game, they set out to make a very specific popular type of game. The last team wanted to make something great and fell short, this team wanted to make something that would sell. Who cares if no one wants to play it a year from now? We'll have a new "Halo" for them then.

This.

i wanna see results before i hear this crap.

Could you please stop with this?

Every one of your posts is like this and it get's old REALLY quick

Have some faith for once, 343i is a NEW developer, they are bound to make some mistakes, but the more mistakes they make in Halo 4, the higher chance of those same mistakes NOT showing up in Halo 5... making Halo 5 excellent...

Even though i love Halo 4 imo

Could you please stop with this?

Every one of your posts is like this and it get's old REALLY quick

Have some faith for once, 343i is a NEW developer, they are bound to make some mistakes, but the more mistakes they make in Halo 4, the higher chance of those same mistakes NOT showing up in Halo 5... making Halo 5 excellent...

Even though i love Halo 4 imo

Um? it has been 3months and they still haven't added the most logical playlist. first game or not no excuse. maybe they wont rush halo 5 so it could be a great game.