What you think of the military.

TUL Confederate

So lastnight i went out with some friends i was wearing my Dress Blues ( or Class A's ) and some guy in his 40s or 50s came up to me and started yelling at me " YOUR A SON-OF-A BIT*H FOR COMING IN HERE" and i said Sir what are you talking about? Then he said " IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU WE PAY SO MUCH TAXS " and he just when on and on and on. So when i got home ( Back on base here in Florida ) i sat down and started to think " Am i doing this for the right reason? "

But i want to know- How do you guys feel about the military?

Please let me know.

Its like ethan said its one of the greatest honors someone can have, fighting for your country but also for family and trying to make a difference, and i know how u should feel about that situation all 3 of my cousins are in the army and had such encounters with people but those are just ******* and they don't know what they are talking about.. not for one bit

Respect for u bro

So lastnight i went out with some friends i was wearing my Dress Blues ( or Class A's ) and some guy in his 40s or 50s came up to me and started yelling at me " YOUR A SON-OF-A BIT*H FOR COMING IN HERE" and i said Sir what are you talking about? Then he said " IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU WE PAY SO MUCH TAXS " and he just when on and on and on. So when i got home ( Back on base here in Florida ) i sat down and started to think " Am i doing this for the right reason? "

But i want to know- How do you guys feel about the military?

Please let me know.

People like that are just angry and need someone to blame. Just remember, for every one of those people are three people who would pick you up off the ground if you tripped and fell. Don't let the bad apples bother you.

As for reasons, there is no such thing as the wrong reasons. That's all a matter of perspective. Asking yourself if you are doing something for the right reasons is like asking yourself if you are tasting the strawberry jam on your toast right. Even if you joined just to be able to see what it's like to kill people, at least you joined the military instead of lurking in a dark alleyway with a knife. Never question your reasons, for they are what make you who you are.

P.S. I hope you weren't wearing your medals with your blues. lol

• Like 1

Im joining the Aussie Military in a few months and i couldn't be more proud about it. Some people forget that it's politicians in most cases who start wars, not the soldiers themselves. However you should only join for the "right" reason. For instance, im joining to defend my people and for the mateship/Brotherhood.

• Like 1

I view it as another job. I don't mean this in a way to belittle anyone who serves but I do hold that view. Like Policemen, Fireman and others in civil service I respect what they do; they put themselves in a position that relates to helping others/placing themselves in difficult and/or dangerous situations.

For people that act like the one your described they're just ignorant and shouldn't let it get you down. Regardless of how you view any actions the military is taking (I don't agree with certain ones the UK are involved in) I still hold respect for the military personal themselves; they're just doing their job and don't rightly choose where they're sent the majority of the time. The Director makes a good point as well, with your joined for your own reasons and that's that.

Having a military like ours is a privilage. If we didnt have one then where would our country be in the first place? The nation was born out of fire and blood spilt on behalf of others who either couldnt or shouldnt fight.

You should feel no shame in wearing the uniform. No service man should ever feel that way. All I think you should feel is pride. You put forth more than most anybody in this country to keep us going. I would serve if I could however I am medically unable to enlist (already tried).

As for the guy who you ran into, well everybody is entitled to their own opinions... however he never should have blown up at you or your friends in public like that. I dont agree with his opinion but you should remind yourself that its because of people like you that enable him to have the freedom to have his own opinions.

• Like 1

People like that are just angry and need someone to blame. Just remember, for every one of those people are three people who would pick you up off the ground if you tripped and fell. Don't let the bad apples bother you.

As for reasons, there is no such thing as the wrong reasons. That's all a matter of perspective. Asking yourself if you are doing something for the right reasons is like asking yourself if you are tasting the strawberry jam on your toast right. Even if you joined just to be able to see what it's like to kill people, at least you joined the military instead of lurking in a dark alleyway with a knife. Never question your reasons, for they are what make you who you are.

P.S. I hope you weren't wearing your medals with your blues. lol

Haha i was not wearing them.

That man who doesn't think that providing a basic necessity such as protection on a global scale from all of the worlds warring factions and tyrants... should be sent to Cuba or Iran to live permanently so that he can see firsthand the kind of things that are being protected against. The military is a good and necessary part of a larger government. A government that frequently involves itself in many things that it maybe (opinion) shouldn't be involved in. The military is not part of that though.

PS: There is no real wrong reasons. If you join because you want to kill people then it's fine so long as you believe that the people you are fighting are bad. If you join for a sense of adventure, then that's great as well.