So, It looks like Cortana.......

Magister

As Halsey states, it is "An alien A.I. full of human memories".

It may be Chakas / 343 Guilty Spark because he was originally a human, but the Didact composed him and transferred his knowledge in the body of Spark. I'm not really sure how he may be on Requiem, but if he does make an appearance, this would be explained.

I dont know. When you see the flash and an outline of something, it sure does look like her. But when they show images of Earth and the Doctor says they were taken 6 months ago, That kinda shoots down my whole Cortana idea. Of course it might be a collection of a bunch of different people's memories.

As Halsey states, it is "An ancient A.I. full of human memories".

It may be Chakas / 343 Guilty Spark because he was originally a human, but the Didact composed him and transferred his knowledge in the body of Spark. I'm not really sure how he may be on Requiem, but if he does make an appearance, this would be explained.

I thought she was just referring to the fact that it was "an" ancient human soul, as in a random one. The Knight's soul is just a random one, not especially one that bears any special meaning.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought every Knight had "an ancient A.I. full of human memories".

She said "an alien AI full of human memories" not "ancient AI" and Spartan Thorne got all bent outta shape because he recognized the pictures as New Phoenix, Earth, where the composer hit. It was supposed to be the stored soul/consciousnesses of one of the human victims of the Didact's attack at the end of the campaign, not Cortana.

They might later try to bring back Cortana, but that wasn't what they were implying in that scene.

its not cortana, its just the soul of a random human from new pheonix. Near the end of the campaign, the didact and his fleet attacked earth with the composer. The composer turns organic life into an artificial intelligence, so the souls of the humans from new pheonix were converted into promethean AIs. The original purpose of the composer was to make the forerunners inorganic so the flood couldnt consume them, and later they could try to convert themselves back into an organic form, but that process failed. Ancient humans had also been converted into monitors with the composer. Humans and forerunners were primarily enemies, but the reason for this was to try to preserve the human species. for example, 343 guilty spark was once a human companion of the didact.

ive also had hunch that Dr. halsey had created technology similar to the composer when she created cortana. cortana was made to be an exact copy of halsey, except in the form of an AI. In her lab in that underground ice cave (halo reach), i do recall that she had been experimenting with forerunner technology in order to create cortana. I do feel that there is some connection between the two