Im terrible with the BR(Battle Rifle) D:

Flame Haze

...I have no idea why im so bad with the BR.....i almost always loose 1on1 gun fights when im using it(yes i even strafe) but when i use the Dmr i win alot more gun fights with that than the BR "/. i use to be okay with the Br like when the game was release lolz but now for some random reason it makes meh frustrated whenever i use it so any tips or something to help me out will be much much much! appreciated! thanks for taking teh time to read this >.>

...I have no idea why im so bad with the BR.....i almost always loose 1on1 gun fights when im using it(yes i even strafe) but when i use the Dmr i win alot more gun fights with that than the BR "/. i use to be okay with the Br like when the game was release lolz but now for some random reason it makes meh frustrated whenever i use it so any tips or something to help me out will be much much much! appreciated! thanks for taking teh time to read this >.>

Do you aim for the head? A couple of headshots will take down an enemy's shield, leaving him/her vulnerable to a single killing shot.

Also try pausing and re-adjusting between shots, it increases your accuracy.

SweatyBagles Tips To Being Successful With The BR:

1. Wait for MLG playlist...

2. Play SWAT w/ BR in meantime

3. Once MLG comes out play that

4. .....

5. Profit and Victory...

^Don't listen to him. He's a bagel. And a sweaty one at that. lol

Anyways, as far as BR tips go, try using it in short-mid range maps rather than long range (more often than not DMR wins in long range). Try decreasing your sensitivity down to 2 or 3 (this will increase your accuracy) and aiming with your left stick rather than the right (i.e. move your player rather than his head to get a better shot). Oh, and learn to jump shot. People hate jumpers.

• Like 2

Try decreasing your sensitivity down to 2 or 3

This is the single most important thing you can do when using the Battle Rifle. Stick your sensitivity as low as you can before it feels too sluggish, and watch your aim increase.

Also, bear in mind that it has neither the power of the Assault Rifle nor the range of the DMR: make sure you fight at the correct ranges, or you'll have serious problems winning fights.

And above all, practice. Try some Legendary Campaign or Spartan Ops, or go into Custom Games and play some 1v1s: anything where you'll be reliant on your own abilities instead of teammates, but where you can't afford to give away kills.

• Like 1

I just try to adapt and/or use different attack tactics. I used to **** with the Binary and AR but, when I altered my play style with them I got a little better. As mentioned above, you should low your sensitivity a little bit, but not too much. As I see your problem is that you can't handle your 1v1s well, strafe as you do already and try to aim for the head; You don't need to aim too high and over the head, just on the neck it's fine and because of the 3-round burst, at least 1 of the bullets will grand a headshot. I hope you improve your games with the BR :)

Just keep dmr since its better for almost any situation

But if you have to br then yeah turn sensitivity to 3 and only use it on small maps like adrift or haven because it can only really match a dmr in short to mid. Try to get the stability perk, it reduces recoil which the br has quite a bit of. Don't zoom in too much when practicing since the br scope is only like 2x

The BR coupled with it's z-up recoil and 3 shot burst makes it hard to master in this one. It operates nothing like the BR of old and requires a lot more skill and lower sensativity to master. As they have said already, try using a low sensativity first and progessively move up. FOr me, I can't seem to use it as good as I still do in Halo 2. Since I can't seem to find my nitch, I just stick with the DMR. Funny thing is, I couldn't use it to save my life in Reach, but it's my go to weapon now.

DMR aims for you, has a greater bullet magnetism and a faster fire rate. I call it the DNR, Designated Noob Rifle.

As for adjusting your sensitivity to 2, screw that noise, I play at 6 now and feel like I turn to slow. When I started having a tough time with my aim I do the exact opposite of what has been suggested, I adjust up for a few matches than slowly bring it back down until it feels right.

Never forget that no matter how good you get with the BR there will always he someone with DMR and a sensitivity of 2 who will kill you by spamming the trigger.

I personally wouldn't practise in SWAT, that doesn't really help me since you die after on shot to the head. If you need to get a friend to do 1v1, BR vs DMR. Maybe that'll help you, but if you can't just make sure you get closest to the head and press that trigger as fast as you can.

Swat for a day and youll be fine.

I hate when people give this advice, it's the WORST POSSIBLE advice you can give anyone...

Why teach someone to always aim for the head when you are more likely to miss, then when aiming center mass? Do people really not understand the first 4 BURST to the body all = headshots?

You need to learn to make your shots LAND, when you're outside the red reticle you need to learn to slightly led shots, etc. Both the DMR and BR fire about as fast as you can pull the trigger, but that doens't mean anything if you're missing. Find the pace that makes you accurate, you'll find yourself winning more battles.

Also, if you plan on playing MLG gametypes, you really need to learn how to using BR as this will most likely be the main starting weapon, because how helpful the DMR is with the sticky bullets.

I hate when people give this advice, it's the WORST POSSIBLE advice you can give anyone...

Why teach someone to always aim for the head when you are more likely to miss, then when aiming center mass? Do people really not understand the first 4 BURST to the body all = headshots?

You need to learn to make your shots LAND, when you're outside the red reticle you need to learn to slightly led shots, etc. Both the DMR and BR fire about as fast as you can pull the trigger, but that doens't mean anything if you're missing. Find the pace that makes you accurate, you'll find yourself winning more battles.

Also, if you plan on playing MLG gametypes, you really need to learn how to using BR as this will most likely be the main starting weapon, because how helpful the DMR is with the sticky bullets.

Landing 4 body shots is easy though. Landing the headshot is not nearly as easy, especially if both you and your opponent are strafing. SWAT, in this case, allows the player to become more familiar with the head's hitbox, and thereby learning (over time) exactly where to aim to nail the headshot. For some reason, the head's hitbox seems to change in every game (i.e. in H3 the best place to aim was the top of the head, in HR it was closer to the chin, and in H4 it seems to be just below the top of the head, nearer the visor), so playing SWAT will help an inexperienced player learn to get the vital fifth shot immensely.

Of course, the players first couple of shielded games after their SWAT playing will **** because they'll be aiming for the head, but they'll soon learn that aiming for the body until the shields pop is the name of the game.

Also, the worst possible advice you can give anyone would probably be something like, "If you like energy drinks so much, you should get an IV with them."

Engage at a reasonable range.

Try to get an angle on the guy.

Your strafe should make it hard for you to aim, that means it is sure as hell hard for the other guy

4to the body one to the head unless the guy was being shot at beforehand

Dont be afraid to run if you cant win.