Is it just me or.....

Flame Haze

Are the frag grenades in halo 4 a bit overpowered i mean 1 grenade can take away ALL your armor/frag grenade 1 shot to the head and your done...now i hate to complain xD but jeez!! im just about to win a gun fight when the guy runs away to a corner,throws his 2 nades at me jumps out i die -.- i really hate that so yes i rage quit whenever that happens >.> (im sure im gonna get some hate for this thread but oh well) Now should the frags be nerfed or is there a trick or something to avoid the nades? Try not to spam me with hate xD

Frag grenades have always completely removed shields. That's supposed to happen.

If 343 hadn't designed Halo 4 to kill players so often then you wouldn't see nearly as many grenades being thrown about. However 343 DID design Halo 4 in such a way that you are much more likely to die much more often, continually refreshing your supply of grenades.

Not really. Use the Thruster Pack to get out of the way of the grenades. They are a viable option, and you need to be as good or better with them as the guy you're fighting. You can turn a very close battle into an easy win by placing one grenade very well.

This, Thruster pack is great for dodging those pesky little mini nukes.

• Like 1

In all honesty the grenades themselves are not OP... as a matter of coincidence they are incredibly weak. The problem is that there is such a surplus of grenades being thrown around all over the place that it doesn't matter.

this says it all. Its normally just a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some firerfights just end up as a swimming pool of grenades and youre dead before you even get a shot off (*cough *cough Haven). Its just a matter of becoming a better player in some aspects. You need to know where you can engage the enemy without getting spammed with grenades, or when to pursue an opponent. Choose your battles wisely, and dont take uneccessary risks that will get you killed

Are the frag grenades in halo 4 a bit overpowered i mean 1 grenade can take away ALL your armor/frag grenade 1 shot to the head and your done...

This has been a huge part of Halo since the beginning though. I and many other players used the frag/headshot combo even back in Halo 2. It's not new to Halo 4. In fact, the grenades seem weaker in Halo 4. It's almost impossible to kill someone with a Plasma Grenade without sticking them.

I like them. Also I like them better than previous games where if you and some guy are fighting it out in CQC, and your dewsh team mates lob grenades at you not caring if they kill you as long as they get your kill, is not a factor anymore.

I hated suffering for my play style because my own team were a bunch of nade noobs. Now I can comfortably use nades to escape most pinches I'm in or at a minimum weaken the down to an easy kill. I also like them because even though they rarely kill you outright at full shields, they do splash damage making engagements of multiple targets doable without self sacrifice.

this says it all. Its normally just a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some firerfights just end up as a swimming pool of grenades and youre dead before you even get a shot off (*cough *cough Haven). Its just a matter of becoming a better player in some aspects. You need to know where you can engage the enemy without getting spammed with grenades, or when to pursue an opponent. Choose your battles wisely, and dont take uneccessary risks that will get you killed

The "swimming pool of grenades" says it perfectly. I don't know if it's just my impression but I don't remember it being that extreme in the previous Halos at all. It actually should be the opposite since players normally cannot pick up grenades and the nades are generally weaker. So am I wrong?