New Melee Weapons.

OMG Treason

-The Honor Guard Pike.

Maybe its a little late, to see it in a future Halo game, but how fun would it have/be to skewer people with one of these bad boys.

-The thing attached to the Knights

Weird Orange Sword thing, granted we already have a sword.

For Spartans, I actually dont really know what Humans could use. Maybe the Katana from H3? I don know maybe its a bad idea.

• Like 2

I think a type of pike/bayonet thing could work as an alien weapon. It wouldn't even have to kill in one hit, just increase your melee range enough that the other guy can't hit back. Thought of it awhile ago as a full gun actually, would have a performance similar to an unscoped lightrifle but the enhanced melee as a back-up.

• Like 1

I would love to see something like the Gears 3 retro lancer. A blade on the end of an AR would be epic.

They actually did something like this with the Spiker and the Brute Shot - they worked perfectly well as projectile weapons, but did slightly more melee damage than other weapons (which, with the exception of the Energy Sword and Gravity Hammer, all did exactly the same amount of melee damage). I think the Brute Shot in Halo 2 also had a slightly greater melee lunge range than the regular melee, so you could sometimes catch someone off guard if they thought you were out of range.

Maybe in the future they could try something similar? Like if they brought back the SMG they could add a bayonet to it which gave it slightly more damage, or the next Sniper Rifle could be used to melee people slightly further out because of its length, or whatever. Perhaps pistols could have a faster cooldown animation than other weapons, like the system in Halo: CE, so that someone with a Plasma Pistol could beat someone to death faster than another person with a Rocket Launcher.

They actually did something like this with the Spiker and the Brute Shot - they worked perfectly well as projectile weapons, but did slightly more melee damage than other weapons (which, with the exception of the Energy Sword and Gravity Hammer, all did exactly the same amount of melee damage). I think the Brute Shot in Halo 2 also had a slightly greater melee lunge range than the regular melee, so you could sometimes catch someone off guard if they thought you were out of range.

Maybe in the future they could try something similar? Like if they brought back the SMG they could add a bayonet to it which gave it slightly more damage, or the next Sniper Rifle could be used to melee people slightly further out because of its length, or whatever. Perhaps pistols could have a faster cooldown animation than other weapons, like the system in Halo: CE, so that someone with a Plasma Pistol could beat someone to death faster than another person with a Rocket Launcher.

My favorite was the plasma rifle in Halo CE. This is relevant because as I never killed anyone directly with it I'd SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT and then... Wait for it... SQWACK! Right in the kisser! It would freeze people in place while you closed the distance. Took down shields fast and opened them up to melee. Easy as pie. But now I'm stuck with game mechanics that don't mirror that play style at all. :(

My favorite was the plasma rifle in Halo CE. This is relevant because as I never killed anyone directly with it I'd SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT and then... Wait for it... SQWACK! Right in the kisser! It would freeze people in place while you closed the distance. Took down shields fast and opened them up to melee. Easy as pie. But now I'm stuck with game mechanics that don't mirror that play style at all. :(

Use a plasma pistol.

I think a type of pike/bayonet thing could work as an alien weapon. It wouldn't even have to kill in one hit, just increase your melee range enough that the other guy can't hit back. Thought of it awhile ago as a full gun actually, would have a performance similar to an unscoped lightrifle but the enhanced melee as a back-up.

The Brute Shot in halos 2 and 3 did increase your melee somewhat...

I think they have enough melee weapons. I wouldn't mind the Hammer being seen more. They might add in a UNSC melee weapon. But I'm not sure what it would be though.. They could add a Hardlight knife/sword or something like that.

I hope they don't. There's (not that I can think of) no legitimate way they can add a UNSC melee weapon. Hell, it's 2013 and we don't even use bayonets anymore. This just doesn't make sense... We're past swords and hammers as a species. Maybe aliens could do it? I dunno. But humans? Absolutely not.

We're talking Halo, not Star Wars lol. The Jedi were also defeated by guns... Episode 3. When the order came, the Clone Troopers were able to kill them with guns. The lightsabers weren't that effective when push came to shove. Against small forces, yes a large force no. Also the lightsaber could deflect laser shots, the Energy Sword can't. lol.

EDIT: I love the lightsaber. And I like the energy sword. They add twists to the plot. But in modern warfare. They aren't really effective options for humans to use. If we're going to get technical.

We're talking Halo, not Star Wars lol. The Jedi were also defeated by guns... Episode 3. When the order came, the Clone Troopers were able to kill them with guns. The lightsabers weren't that effective when push came to shove. Against small forces, yes a large force no. Also the lightsaber could deflect laser shots, the Energy Sword can't. lol.

EDIT: I love the lightsaber. And I like the energy sword. They add twists to the plot. But in modern warfare. They aren't really effective options for humans to use. If we're going to get technical.

I suppose, I still think in episode 3 it was lame how they all just got shot up by their own squads. But arent melee weapons in the Covenant used more for like Spec Ops? Or as back up like on a Scarab theres usually one Elite with a sword to repel the boarder?

That was the point though. They were betrayed. They weren't expecting it. Which I don't fully understand. Why didn't they use Battle Meditation??? Oh well back on topic. Melee weapons. Yay or nay for new ones??

Lol. No new ones. The Master Chief is not the Jew Bear from Inglorious ********.

Haha. Well I wouldn't mind seeing something new. I mean with all the different species of aliens in the game, convenant, prometheans, and humans there is a balance. Each has an automatic rifle, a short round burst rifle, a sniper, a shotgun and grenade type, and a powerful rocket launche type weapons. It's only fair for there to be a close quarters combat weapon for each.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a few ideas.

Hardlight Spear - Something close to what the Promethean Knights use. It could be an orange-ish spear (sort of like the Flood Talon) and would have some sick jabs and killing moves. The assassination would be the spartan shoving it through the enemy's face (or wing/head if it was a watcher or crawler).

I saw some GoW ideas, and here is what I would see.

These would either come as separate weapons or attachments if Halo 5 has those.

AR w/ UNSC mk. 087 Gunsaw - In short words, a Lancer. It would be an assault rifle with a chainsaw perfect for sawing the throats of Covies. It would penetrate shield and be truly awesome.

Battle Rifle or DMR w/ UNSC MKT Bayonet - A Retro Lancer. It would be a precision weapon with a blade, which would increase melee radius and damage.

Covenant Carbine w/ Sangheili Ion Blade - Same idea as the last in Covenant form.

FINALLY,

Shieldbreakers! - Brass knuckles that weren't really brass. It'd be a super strong melee substitute but would take away your secondary.