What is your favorite "thing" of halo 4

screechymon

It's not really a "thing" but I love the new character-focused approach they are taking. This is what Halo really needed because many characters in previous Halos just fell flat. My personal low points are Team Noble in Halo Reach (which was full of stereotypes like the mad killer, the heavy, the sniper etc. or just unremarkable) and the whole story of Halo 3 - seriously, the in Halo 2 greatly developed Arbiter gets maybe 3 lines of dialogue and his "emotional revenge" is over in 5 seconds. And the Chief was always quite a bland protagonist (although this was mostly intentional). But in Halo 4 everyone feels like a real person - even the Chief (which is kind of the 'statement' of the whole campaign).

Hit detection and grenade indicators are two of the things they added that I really like. I like that they brought back the Carbine although the DMR outclasses it by far. Giving everyone sprint was a really good idea as well.

I really didn't like the grenade indicators but the hit detection is one I really liked. I also liked

how Cortana and chief show an awesome connection throughout the campaign all the way to her death.

Promethean Vision.

They could have accomplished everything they wanted to accomplish in Halo 4 with just Promethean Vision, instead they went the full CoD and really seriously damaged the game.

PV speeds up the game because everyone sees each other (They went a step further giving sprint + faster kill times + better motion tracker + instant respawn, all unnecessary bumps to game speed when you have PV).

PV limits camping because you can't hide anymore (They went many steps further by making sure your shields are gone for an eternity, maps have no definsible positions, there's actually a perk that paints a nav point on whoever killed you last, and more).

It is a massive change to a game to let players see through walls, but balanced because anyone can have it. PV is all Halo 4 needed to be Halo 4. Instead of settling down when they implemented it they just went nuts and smashed a bunch of stuff that worked great in multiple prior Halo games. We have a BR that forgot how to 4-shot and bleeds ammo, we have a shield that takes 6 seconds to begin recharging, and we have maps which make you run yourself to death just to avoid staying still (which also kills you).

Promethean Vision is my favorite thing in Halo 4, because even when it loses a lot of its power due to people running the stealth perk, it's still the single new feature which impacts the game the most.

I actually disagree with you on the point of Cortana. She started out kind of like that, but she got into such a big pity party that she got super annoying by the end of the game.

Fare enough, I found some of the later bits of her arguing with herself like different personalities somewhat amusing.

Hit detection and grenade indicators are two of the things they added that I really like. I like that they brought back the Carbine although the DMR outclasses it by far. Giving everyone sprint was a really good idea as well.

I'm a fan of the DMR depending on the map. but I utilize the stabilize perk with the carbine and really lay in to people making it hard for them to scope in or accurately head shot me.

• Like 1