whats wrong with bloom

hotdogrocks1

Have you even played Halo 2 or 3 you dumb *****? you obviously havent. They had so little bloom that it didnt even affect the game. Also if you would have read what I said instead of being a stupid girl, you would have seen that i wrote that there needs to be a balance, Bullets should spread with the DMR, but not nearly as much as they do in reach.

Honestly people like you ruin forums, all these no life losers are going to stick up for you just so they can say that they are friends with a female on the internet.

That guy is most certainly 12 years old because he ranted on about **** that no one was really talking about, and you guys are too dumb saying "durrr what do you mean by bloom hurrr all halos had it hurrr" to even read what I said, and that I agree with what you said on about things.

At least 343 agrees with me, and they will make Halo reach fun and playable.

Oh one last thing, just because your bullets go straight, doesnt mean you dont have to aim. Halo 2 and 3 had no bloom on br, and you had to be a really good shot to get 4 shot kills every time.

A Player should only have to worry about his own inconsistencies, Not about the horrible inconsistencies of his weapon. Not to mention it slows the game down from slow to retarded casual mode slow

Staff Response

User was warned cause of this post

Do not, use foul language on this site... Or I will use Psychological Warfare to screw you over beyond all measure... I will make tears form in your eyes, because I know why you act like you do... Your parents don't really love you and so you got mad about and came raging on the forums like the pathetic whelp you are and always will be.

"Oh UHM I'M NOT UNLOVED."

You're in denial Maggot.

• Like 2

Hey Nezquick or however you spell out that retarded name. Look pal, I know a lot more about Halo, the Megalo engine and the game mechanics than you will ever be smart enough to understand. All that knowledge come from my 33+ years of being alive. I'll bet my son could reverse engineer and write a small VS app to load the Reach maps files quicker than you could jerk yourself off with that smart ass attitude of yours.

You called out simple game mechanics with your little rant and I responded. The UI is a singular file? OMG you retard! You have no idea how the tag structure for a Halo game works at all do you? yeah it's obvious....lmao!

The Halo series never had noticable bloom? So your one of those guys that needs a HUD based guide to show bullet spread to notice it? Like I said before, did you even play Halo 1? Go ahead and play it now then. Fire away with the pistol and tell me the projectile radius is not noticable.

Secondly, where the hell do you get off judging people based on their responses? Did you even notice the little red warning below most of your posts that is now displayed? People dont just get them for cursing or whatnot. You have to be a real all around ass to urk the mods the wrong way and get that. Maybe you should spend a little less time worrying about gaming, and re-analyze some of your quite obvious poor life choices and start to watch how you talk to people. I am a very easy going guy until you call out gaming items that are clearly out of your range of understanding. But let's have some fun anyway, since you seem to know oh so much about tags in a Halo game, explain to me how they get neat little contrails to display on projectiles? What are the names of the Struct Name and Bitmask8 lines that are involved? It's ok, take your time and ask around before posting back so you don't look like a complete a tool. It's ok, I'll wait.

Anyways, getting way off track here. This is turning into a big flame war. I blame my lack of sleep personally. The point in all this is simple. Bloom is a feature that is loved or hated. It is all up to personal taste, and everyones own personal taste does not dictate what should be done in a game, or be done to fix anything. If it isn't a widely accepted view it won't happen. As for people who want to constantly come in here and say dumb things like I know lots of people, or hey lots of people have said this here........ I have a suggestion for you. Quit raging and lets see some names of these mythical people. I can count on one hand the amount of members here who actually hate the blooming reticule feature. That's not a whole compared to how many of us are on here. So lets review shall we? Nez is a tool, bloom is no big deal, and 819 has some love to spare on his end. LMAO...sorry man, I had too!

• Like 2

DMR ( Designated Marksman Rifle ) - Medium to long ranged weapon. A Designated Marksman is a position, in which the said role supports his unit from a range. Picking off enemies. It is based on a real rifle, used in the military.

DO NOT say the DMR is a unrealistic weapon, If anything the BR is unrealistic as its a rifle that's effective any range.( which is bull**** )

The DMR is not effective close range. The bloom represents the recoil from spamming a high powered precision weapon ( do you see military snipers " no scoping " people ) close range.

I believe that 'armour abilities' were placed in game to represent different strategic combat roles, like military units.

I could continue but I'm tired, LOL.

So to all you bloom haters, just admit you suck close range with the DMR and want the BR back to spam close quarters.

• Like 1

Hey, guess what!

Now that they are going remove bloom I might as weel tell you the secret.

The dmrs reticule have to circles, when the bloom is fully activated its first circle goes around the second one, the shots doesn't go outside the second circle - even when its fully spammed.

All you have to do is make sure your target is inside the second circle that is nearly visible when you shoot.

And remember, the second circle is the same size as the battle-rifles reticule. So the drm is actually more precise.

I used to pace my shots before I found out this, now I get nearly double as many kills as before, and its so fun owning pacers.

I you do not like bloom you did not know about this.

Bloom actually takes skill.

You should try by your self :)

• Like 2

Hey, guess what!

The dmrs reticule have to circles, when the bloom is fully activated its first circle goes around the second one, the shots doesn't go outside the second circle - even when its fully spammed.

All you have to do is make sure your target is inside the second circle that is nearly visible when you shoot.

And remember, the second circle is the same size as the battle-rifles reticule. So the drm is actually more precise.

I used to pace my shots before I found out this, now I get nearly double as many kills as before, and its so fun owning pacers.

Win.

• Like 1

Hey, guess what!

Win.

Edit: Something is wrong with the flood filter or something... my bad for this double-post

• Like 1

I was really hoping these forums would be different from the absurdity that is Bungie.net but clearly that was wishful thinking. Its just as immature.

Also it seems that a lot of people have no idea what they are talking about within this subject and are basing their arguments around trivial points such as what something is technically called. Yea we get it, bloom has been around the whole time, but go ahead and compare the BR to the DMR. Both precision rifles yet so very different in function due to whats commonly referred to as "bloom".

I dont care what your arguments are for it or no matter how narrow minded you can get with your argument. Bottom line is that clearly the changes made to reach in regards to core function have not been well received. If a niche group of players like the "bloom" thats fine, but overall it has only caused more controversy and needs to be removed. The addition was a little confusing in the first place, you dont fix whats not broken. You can make a new exciting game without changing the core mechanics. I mean halo became popular for a reason. Why change it so drastically and risk alienating a portion of your loyal fans for new fans who might not stay playing the game?

This was a little off topic so sorry about that. I just hope we can start getting our **** together and start acting like a mature, intelligent community. Don't turn this place into bungie.net. This is a fresh start

I like getting flamed by twinreaper for stating my educated, not blatantly retarded opinion on the OP. Now, instead of flaming, get back to the actual subject here please?

Halo never had such noticeable bullet spread on precision weapons until this game. And it's quite obvious by looking at the average population for Halo 3, not even a year into release, compared to Halo Reach's average population, not even a year into release, that lots of people did not like this change. You really can't argue a fact, so please don't try.

I was really hoping these forums would be different from the absurdity that is Bungie.net but clearly that was wishful thinking. Its just as immature.

Also it seems that a lot of people have no idea what they are talking about within this subject and are basing their arguments around trivial points such as what something is technically called. Yea we get it, bloom has been around the whole time, but go ahead and compare the BR to the DMR. Both precision rifles yet so very different in function due to whats commonly referred to as "bloom".

I dont care what your arguments are for it or no matter how narrow minded you can get with your argument. Bottom line is that clearly the changes made to reach in regards to core function have not been well received. If a niche group of players like the "bloom" thats fine, but overall it has only caused more controversy and needs to be removed. The addition was a little confusing in the first place, you dont fix whats not broken. You can make a new exciting game without changing the core mechanics. I mean halo became popular for a reason. Why change it so drastically and risk alienating a portion of your loyal fans for new fans who might not stay playing the game?

This was a little off topic so sorry about that. I just hope we can start getting our **** together and start acting like a mature, intelligent community. Don't turn this place into bungie.net. This is a fresh start

I gave up on that awhile ago. Also their opinion on blomm =/= equal narrowmindness. It just means they think that Halo should be lie every other shooter (most of time)

I gave up on that awhile ago. Also their opinion on blomm =/= equal narrowmindness. It just means they think that Halo should be lie every other shooter (most of time)

I just hate the people that argue for the DMR with their reasoning being realism lol. I dont play a video game for realism. I play to have fun. Halo became popular because it was something different and was a game where you could actually test your skills. Seems like its just dumbing itself down each game. I want to die and know it was because of my mistake instead of the inconsistency of a poorly implemented mechanic.

Not to mention it feels like im just playing against the game itself instead of other players in reach. It has become too situational for a halo title. Oh well, to each their own i suppose

I just hate the people that argue for the DMR with their reasoning being realism lol. I dont play a video game for realism. I play to have fun. Halo became popular because it was something different and was a game where you could actually test your skills. Seems like its just dumbing itself down each game. I want to die and know it was because of my mistake instead of the inconsistency of a poorly implemented mechanic.

Not to mention it feels like im just playing against the game itself instead of other players in reach. It has become too situational for a halo title. Oh well, to each their own i suppose

Great point man, couldn't have said it better.

for all the probloom players answer this, How is Some Random better than NO random..... if they wanted to slow down how fast a kill is all they would have to do is put a slower fire rate on the dmr like EVERY OTHER halo game..... but with bloom no matter how you look at it it adds a luck factor nuff said

He wasn't saying his opinion...

I think that Halo should stay halo. No fancy mainstream stuff.